Leaking Member

City & State: Atlantic Canada
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: Ground, 0Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech
Default Re: "Smart" TVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious.George View Post
What were the nature of those updates? I.e., were they "bug-fixes" (to address f*ckups in their implementation)? Or, feature enhancements (to add capabilities not originally present)? Or, updates to remain current with evolving standards (CODECs, HTML/Java, etc.)?

I.e., did you feel ike the TV was "current" 2.5 years later, when compared to other sets that were on the market at that time?

Is your "TV box" just acting as a media tank? Or, is it making up for current inadequacies in the TV's implementation?
The updates are mostly for the apps that run on that, like youtube for example. When youtube doesn't want to work correctly, then there will be shortly after a new firmware for the tv to fix the issue.

As for the second, it's both. I've also had my run in's with the little android boxes (do a search for Dreamlink T1 plus). I've had other android boxes too, but I never liked them. Got this Intel NUC running Linux and couldn't be any happier. It's not cheap, but worth every cent compared to that android, tizen, etc. jazz.
CapLeaker is offline   Reply With Quote