Help with dead Commodore 1802

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with dead Commodore 1802

If the lamp is in place of this inductor then it will still pass the voltage to that part of the circuit, It might be slightly low, likely around 100vdc. You can remove the lamp from the 121 volt line and reconnect the coil, I suspect you will then get a full width screen also.
    Last edited by R_J; 02-19-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

btw, can you take a picture of the power switch?
      i want to see if it's like the one on the phillips CM8833-II (commodore 1084-s)

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        btw, can you take a picture of the power switch?
        i want to see if it's like the one on the phillips CM8833-II (commodore 1084-s)
        These switches are a nuisance and I can't find replacements anywhere and end up bridging the contacts and turning it on/off at the mains wall plug.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          If the lamp is in place of this inductor then it will still pass the voltage to that part of the circuit, It might be slightly low, likely around 100vdc. You can remove the lamp from the 121 volt line and reconnect the coil, I suspect you will then get a full width screen also.
          Ok I found I had put it back in when you asked me to earlier put everything back. I am begining to think it might be safe now to put the resistor R801 back in now.
          I currently have 2 bulbs in place of this resistor.
          I am still a bit unsure as we still never found what was causing that short.
          What do you think?

Comment

does that switch normally solder to the board, or have wires on it?
            if it's wires then a replacement wouldnt be hard.

on the 8833-II i removed the pushbutton from the case and fitted a rocker switch instead.
            i'll get photo's over the weekend if you want.
            not exactly original, but on the 8833-II the switch is at the back out of sight.

Comment

does that switch normally solder to the board, or have wires on it?
              if it's wires then a replacement wouldnt be hard.

on the 8833-II i removed the pushbutton from the case and fitted a rocker switch instead.
              i'll get photo's over the weekend if you want.
              not exactly original, but on the 8833-II the switch is at the back out of sight.
              Yes it has wired connections and the switch assembly is screwed onto the plastic casing.

Comment

https://www.rapidonline.com/power-pcb

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that STJ that's a great help. Ive got quite a few Commodore and Phillips CM monitors for all the Amiga kit I have here. I sold My Original Amiga A1000 and Amiga branded matching 1081 monitor last year. I still have a few A500's, a A1200 and my big A2000 with hard drive and IBM XT bridgeboard inside. I've got tons of software too. If your looking for anything Commodore just ask.

Comment

I want to thanks both of you guys STJ & RJ for helping me finally get this commodore monitor fixed. I put the Wire wound resistor back it and it doesnt blow now and the display fills the screen and i can hear audio too. I will give it a test with a video signal when I more time but I am glad its finally fixed and I doubt I could have done that without the
                    help from you two.
                    I have learned loads and just hope I don't forget it all as I have big Issues with memory problems caused by my Multiple Sclerosis which is most difficult as I find it hard to learn new things and make them stay in my memory although I can remember all my past history.
                    I've got it all stored on my hard drive so if i ever need to use it again I can. RJ that Schematic that you did for me showing where it changed from to DC was brilliant and made it all a lot easier for me to understand.
                    Thanks again guys your brilliant and cant thank you enough.

cheers!
                    Jon

Comment

If the small spst part of the switch is not used, this might work: https://www.conrad.com/p/pwl-2p1tl-6...h-1-pcs-701606

There is also the ALPS SDGA3P
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by R_J; 02-20-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

there is no standby trigger on the CBM monitors, just DPST mains switching.

Comment

you should check the B+ voltage and compare it to the manual - it can be ajusted.
                          it's DC btw.
                          Just wondering what is this B+ adjustment and I cannot see anything in the manual about it. The manual only mention static & dynamic convergence.

Comment

found one on ebay. i will just have to swap over LED.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RVFM-PT-M...MAAOSwgARa58oX

Comment

Originally posted by roadrash View Post
                              Just wondering what is this B+ adjustment and I cannot see anything in the manual about it. The manual only mention static & dynamic convergence.
                              There is no B+ adjustment, just check if it is close to the 121vdc as indicated on the schematic, if it's off a couple volts either way, thats not an issue.
                              Last edited by R_J; 02-22-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X