Panasonic FJ/FL genuine or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic FJ/FL genuine or not?

I bought these caps on e**y from HK and I would like to know if they are genuine. Thanks

Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 12-06-2019, 12:43 PM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Re: Panasonic FJ/FL genuine or not?

I think they look genuine to me.

Comment

Thank you, I needed a confirmation.

Comment

I would say they look genuine to me as well. I just compared them to a few 16V 1500 uF Panny FL caps that I pulled from an Xbox 360.

Can we see a picture of the voltage/capacitance rating and another of the bungs too? Just to really make sure they are legit.
        Last edited by momaka; 01-14-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

+1 genuine

Comment

They look like the right bungs.

However, is that a picture you took? If not, we need to see the pics of the caps you got. Some sellers will fool you by putting pics of good caps on the listing, then give you fake ones.
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
              I would say they look genuine to me as well. I just compared them to a few 16V 1500 uF Panny FL caps that I pulled from an Xbox 360.

Can we see a picture of the voltage/capacitance rating and another of the bungs too? Just to really make sure they are legit.
              Of course. This is the voltage/capacitance picture. The pictures are mine.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Per Hansson; 12-06-2019, 12:44 PM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Comment

look real to me

Comment

Yup. I've seen plenty of identical-looking Panny FJs on motherboards.
                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I welded these on my 10 years old motherboard, they are certainly better than GSC (Great Sh*t Caps).

Comment

Originally posted by kItE80 View Post
                      they are certainly better than GSC (Great Sh*t Caps).
                      For sure

Mind if I ask what motherboard?

I just recapped a Jetway N2PAP-LITE about 2 weeks ago (also about 10 years old). Was full of GSC and they were all reading high capacitance on the ESR meter (meaning they have actually developed high internal leackage). Yes, every single one of them! And the really small ones were at least several Ohms ESR each.

Comment

The mb is a Via P4PB-400.
                        I have changed CPU caps four years ago (replaced with Sanyo WG) and now I recapped the capacitors on 16 Volts line.

Comment

Originally posted by kItE80 View Post
                          Of course. This is the voltage/capacitance picture. The pictures are mine.
                          Which seller did you order from?

Comment

my 1000uF 6.3V looks similar like yours...
                            dissect one of it... the chemical colour looks correct...

Comment

...Since i can't see the original photos, what are the odds that these capacitors (possibly from the same source) are not fake?:
                              i.e. is there any genuine black/white, (instead of black/gold) FJ's out there
                              They measure about 950uf and 0.11 ESR
                              (the apparent missing print on the last photo is only an illusion cased by the lighting)

Last edited by socketa; 12-04-2019, 11:32 PM.

Comment

given neither have been made in many years - what does it matter?

Comment

so all electrolytic caps, that are "many years" old, should be thrown away?
                                  Last edited by socketa; 12-05-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I can't see the attachments. If they (the capacitors) are sourced from eBay and/or from Hong Kong, chances are they could be counterfeits. I've seen Panasonic FJ, FJS, and FL with black/white sleeves used on Pegatron motherboards manufactured after 2008/2009 or thereabouts. I suspect it was due to the switch from PVC to PET sleeves, as with the long discontinued Rubycon MBZ, MCZ, and MFZ series going from PVC blue/gold and black/gold sleeves to PET black/white sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by socketa View Post
                                      so all electrolytic caps, that are "many years" old, should be thrown away?
                                      no, but you shouldnt buy any,
                                      and old stock may need to be re-formed.

i have had rubycon MCZ explode on me simply because a motherboard had not been powered for several years.
                                      it slowly lost charge and depolarised in the box!

Comment

Originally posted by socketa View Post
                                        ...Since i can't see the original photos, what are the odds that these capacitors (possibly from the same source) are not fake?:
                                        i.e. is there any genuine black/white, (instead of black/gold) FJ's out there
                                        Not sure, but I would have to dig out my XFX Radeon HD 4670 video card. It has black/white/gray Panny caps on it. Though they might be FR's, I can't remember.

If I don't reply, remind me again in a few days and I'll dig out that box that it's in. (I just don't feel like doing it right now, as it's close to midnight, lol. )
                                        Last edited by momaka; 12-05-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X