CH341a SPI / I²C programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CH341a SPI / I²C programmer

If you're in Windows, you'll more than likely need drivers for that programmer and in Linux, you'd need the proper module(s) before you can start using it. If you tell me the OS, I can help find drivers so the software you run to program the chips can properly communicate with that programming device...
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Hi. Spork Schivago

Use Windows 10. Now download the driver and software that corresponds to that programmer. I have already successfully recorded several CHIP BIOS.

But I wanted to evaluate serial connections to connect to ADSL modems.

Thank you.

Comment

ch341 virtual comport drivers are at WinChipHead
        http://www.wch.cn/products/CH341.html
        downloads at the bottom

Comment

What is the latest free working version that can be found in the programmer's software

Comment

Version 1.29 on the web is always full of viruses

Comment

^it is better to use linux and flashrom

Comment

Thank you for the information, but I unfortunately use windows

Comment

Originally posted by Marcustv View Post
                  Thank you for the information, but I unfortunately use windows
                  Did you not see the link provided in Post #163?

Comment

what does write operations timeout mean on ch341a software guys

Comment

Originally posted by Lyw View Post
                      what does write operations timeout mean on ch341a software guys
                      Is the chip off the board or are you using a clip.

Comment

hi there i have 2 new version but the one i would like to upload gives invalid file while it is rar file

here is the other version

he support everything

enjoy it

regards steve
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but I recommend Flashrom as a software for CH341a programmer. Driver is included and it worked couple times for me unlike the original software delivered with this programmer.

Comment

@lukepro i am having same problem, just wondering if managed to get it worked?

Comment

Here is version 1.30 I'm using or you can try the alternative version (see attached image).

Advantage with this alternative version is automatic identification of I2C EEPROMs.
                              Attached Files

Comment

nice - source here:
                                http://televid-sib.ru/index.php?topic=42039.0

Comment

Hi. I have one of these Ch341A programmer. The cheap version from eBay. It was working wonders until yesterday when I plugged the SPI hat one line over than supposed. Now the programmer is identified but not the IC. I tried with multiple ics, and I get the same result each time.
                                  I had already done the adaptation to fix the wrong voltage supplying the ic, and it worked fine before and after. I undone it now, and still can't get a reading. I tried multiple software too so as machines and OSs.
                                  I didn't find any shorts. Voltages seem weird in most legs on one side of the ic, 6 7 8 showing 3.98v.
                                  I know that for the price I should just order another one, but due to complications in transport around the country, this will take a longer time than I can afford.
                                  My only option now is to turn my pi into a SPI programmer, but I was hoping this to be the last option, if I can save this programmer I would be happier.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience or is aware of how to solve this?

Comment

Pins 6, 7, 8 are input pins and left floating in CH341A programmer.
                                    See the attached schematic and try to figure out what's wrong (though there are several versions available).
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                                      Pins 6, 7, 8 are input pins and left floating in CH341A programmer.
                                      See the attached schematic and try to figure out what's wrong (though there are several versions available).
                                      Thank you. I will try to make some sense of this. If anything the ic would have died from having 3v going into clk, but I doubt it. It was very hot when I noticed it so it shorted something. Unfortunately is very likely U2, though it gets recognized by windows on any machine.

Comment

Since the programmer, CH341A, is recognized both by OS and the software the CH341A isn't dead.
                                        Because you've done the 3.3V voltage supply tweak if any input/output pins came in touch with 5V most likely these pins died.
                                        Tying any output to 3V for a short period is likely to be tolerated.
                                        Do a simple test:
                                        Connect it; launch the software, choose an IC from the list; disable ID check; and Read. While in Read operation watch pins 'CLK', 'CS', 'MOSI' & 'MISO'.

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                                          Since the programmer, CH341A, is recognized both by OS and the software the CH341A isn't dead.
                                          Because you've done the 3.3V voltage supply tweak if any input/output pins came in touch with 5V most likely these pins died.
                                          Tying any output to 3V for a short period is likely to be tolerated.
                                          Do a simple test:
                                          Connect it; launch the software, choose an IC from the list; disable ID check; and Read. While in Read operation watch pins 'CLK', 'CS', 'MOSI' & 'MISO'.

Thank you so much for your support. I managed to get it working, although what I'm gonna say is possibly ridiculous and not the reason why.

I was just doing what you suggested, taking measurements on the points by reading it with the multimeter, not sure if that's what you meant with "watch" (I do not have an oscilloscope).

On my pc, I could start the reading by selecting the ic manually, although empty, as the ic wasn't actually being identified, but couldn't take the multimeter readings there, so I got a laptop to do it in my workbench. With the laptop I couldn't take readings as it didn't let me bypass IC ID check. I kept fiddling with it for a bit until I gave up that and tried to think of any other way to test it.

Thinking in what would have changed inside the CH341A that made it still work but not identify the ic, I got thinking in a nightmare repair I had in a laptop where one transistor was not totally gone, but would get stuck in one position, would sometimes close, and sometimes wouldn't, making so the screen didn't turn on with the machine booting. I managed to figure out this by shorting the path on the transistor to make it work, and identified the culprit.

My theory here was that CH341 is ultimately made of transistors, so while thinking in the situation, I took some tweezers and shorted every leg of the ic to gnd for about 10 seconds. Unexpectedly, when I plugged the programmer and pressed Detect, it gave me the list of ics, and let me do a proper reading after!!

I hope this doesn't sound too ridiculous, and I'll be happy to know your opinion. Maybe it was just luck and something else was involved, but apart from that, I only took readings.

Comment

Working...
                                          X