• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dell Inspiron 3581 EDI72 LA-G714P

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    Ok, the last try.

Code:
    [ATTACH]254011[/ATTACH]

I tried with this file and got the same result as before, no power, no LEDs.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Umadbro View Post

Any suggestions?
      Maybe EC has a problem. Looks like it's an I/O chip.And are you sure all the power blocks on the mainboard are good?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Any suggestions?
        Try these 2. Try the one with 08CF in the title first,if it doesn`t work try the other,08CE,and if that one doesn`t boot i don`t think the problem is with the bios.

EDIT: 08CF removed,does not work with Inspiron 3481
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-03-2022, 03:09 PM. Reason: 08CF removed,does not work with Inspiron 3481
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Try these 2. Try the one with 08CF in the title first,if it doesn`t work try the other,08CE,and if that one doesn`t boot i don`t think the problem is with the bios.

okay, I will do it later today. Also I am going to recheck every power rail to see if anything else is not right or if I missed something.

Thank you for your support, I will update the state later today.

Comment

I haven't got the time yet to test all power lines, but tomorrow is gonna be the day.

Quick update: I tried the 08CF file, and the behaviour changed. When plugged the charger, the solid white led comes on, and slowly fades away, in about 1 second. But when I press the power button I can see that the screen backlight lights up, although the laptop only stays on for 2~3 seconds. No flashing codes, no capslock light. This is the first time I flash a file which doesn't return the flashing code or no power at all.

I will try the other file when I test the lines.
            Last edited by Umadbro; 01-21-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I haven't got the time yet to test all power lines, but tomorrow is gonna be the day.

Quick update: I tried the 08CF file, and the behaviour changed. When plugged the charger, the solid white led comes on, and slowly fades away, in about 1 second. But when I press the power button I can see that the screen backlight lights up, although the laptop only stays on for 2~3 seconds. No flashing codes, no capslock light. This is the first time I flash a file which doesn't return the flashing code or no power at all.

I will try the other file when I test the lines.
              When you try each one, give it about 5 minutes because each one has clean ME firmware. It might restart 3 or 4 times on its own.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

When you try each one, give it about 5 minutes because each one has clean ME firmware. It might restart 3 or 4 times on its own.

Okay. Early tomorrow I am going to test and retest each file and once the flash is soldered in the motherboard I'll press the power button and wait for 5 minutes before trying to switch it on again.

As far as I remember, the power cut off, and didn't come back on, so I don't think the flash was being updated with the machine's information, but is worth to give it try.

Comment

Try these 2. Try the one with 08CF in the title first, if it doesn`t work try the other,08CE, and if that one doesn`t boot I don`t think the problem is with the bios.

So today I flashed the second file, commencing with 08CE.
                  I put it all back on and it had the same behavior as last time.

It didn't look like it was going to boot, so I started taking measurements again on the power lines. Halfway through it, I noticed heat coming off the APU... I put the heatsink back on, pressed power, and was greeted with "Dell Support Assist" product information screen. Rebooting it took me straight into Windows.

I'm still dizzy over the fact it worked, I had my doubts over only being a bios issue. Maybe I was too rushed testing the new flashed bios as SMDFlea proposed. And maybe the first of the two files also worked.

So now everything seems fine, except the fan doesn't spin. It did before showing me that screen though, but before I dive into anymore assumptions, could you please tell me how should I proceed?

These files had the ME Region blank. Does the machine write the missing information after the first boot?

And about the fan, is it possible to get it working with one of the two files?

Thank you som much the time you take to look into my issues.

Comment

So today I flashed the second file, commencing with 08CE.
                    So now everything seems fine, except the fan doesn't spin.

These files had the ME Region blank. Does the machine write the missing information after the first boot?
                    And about the fan, is it possible to get it working with one of the two files?
                    Thank you som much the time you take to look into my issues.
                    Your backup had version 08CE EC firmware,i asked you to try 08CF first as i suspected it could have been flashed with the wrong EC (the dell bios updater has both EC versions) .As the fan isn`t working i would flash 08CE back again (the EC controls the fan),and give it a bit more time to boot.See what happens
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-03-2022, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Your backup had version 08CE EC firmware,i asked you to try 08CF first as i suspected it could have been flashed with the wrong EC (the dell bios updater has both EC versions) .As the fan isn`t working i would flash 08CF back again (the EC controls the fan),and give it a bit more time to boot.See what happens

I flashed 08CF version this time. I pressed the power button and let it do its thing.

First thing that happens is a warning on every boot about using under wattage charger. This isn't true as this charger is 45/60w, and the laptop takes up to 60.

Then after pressing continue (using the keyboard) it shows a different screen where it initializes all devices and than checks for hardware problems. The mouse pad doesn't work, and I only seen the fan spin once after the "fan initialization" message.

After that it just keeps restarting, initializing and checking thee hardware, in a constant loop...
                      The fan doesn't seem to be able to spin.
                      I did restore all bios settings to default
                      Last edited by Umadbro; 01-24-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Would it be possible to patch or edit the second file to fix the issue with the fan? Or at least to get it to work at a constant speed. Assuming that's the only problem that comes with this version.

The specifics on this area are way out of my league, so I might be making wrong assumptions.

Comment

Would it be possible to patch or edit the second file to fix the issue with the fan? Or at least to get it to work at a constant speed. Assuming that's the only problem that comes with this version.

The specifics on this area are way out of my league, so I might be making wrong assumptions.
                          Try this file :

Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

I managed to get the laptop up and running, thou it was in a odd way. The file SMDFlea asked me to flash indeed made the machine turn on, but the fan refused to spin. I used the update file from Dell's official website and during the update the fan started working. It booted up but the fan was on full speed. After a shutdown it came back to the same initial state, not turning on and light code. So I did it all again, flashed the fileandtried to boot the machine. This time it finally got the fan spinning. If performed as expected during stress tests, I would have test it longer, but the client was done with waiting. So far so good, so I guess it's fixed.

Thank you very much guys, this was a headache but u nailed it.

Comment

late display i need clear me
                              Attached Files

Comment

I managed to get the laptop up and running, thou it was in a odd way. The file SMDFlea asked me to flash indeed made the machine turn on, but the fan refused to spin. I used the update file from Dell's official website and during the update the fan started working. It booted up but the fan was on full speed. After a shutdown it came back to the same initial state, not turning on and light code. So I did it all again, flashed the fileandtried to boot the machine. This time it finally got the fan spinning. If performed as expected during stress tests, I would have test it longer, but the client was done with waiting. So far so good, so I guess it's fixed.

Thank you very much guys, this was a headache but u nailed it.
                                What bios worked for you?

Comment

please check my backup read file, no display kindly do some help thanks in advance.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Try it now.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                                      Try it now.
                                      SIR THANKS FOR REPLAY, not turning on only key lights & fan runs.

Comment

Bios I posted is the newest from Dell Update wesite and includes latest ME too. Also moved your own DMI (has windows keys, service tag, model number and more) to it. Check voltages, soldering pads, moved or missing components, also verify flashing if desoldered. DO not rely on a clip. If you have the same symptoms as before then old bios might be OK.

Comment

Dear Sir
                                          Please Clean My BIOS Dump :

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X