X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by slaine View Post
    Hello Everyone,

got a 15G6 - what a beast in today - sadly BIOS-PWd. Had no Luck with manual removing it nor with the unlocker tool. Maybe someone want to have a look at it and can help me out.

I found the usercred in the typical location but at reboot it seems to restore the settings. Intel ME is @ Version 12.0.45.1509 PMC is @ 300.2.11.1020 - maybe the put in an anti tamper protection?
    Try and give feedback
    Attached Files

Comment

On newer models, it seems you need to remove it in EC aswell. I still haven't seen any newest models so I have not tested it myself.

But otherwise, the method seems to be same.
      Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 05-12-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Try this one
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,
          I'm trying to remove forgotten password from bios on HP Elitebook 840 G1. The writing on my bios chip states 25Q128A (13ECO, 99CHN, 418062) which as far as I understand is a Micron chip. The CH341A programmer with a clip and adapter finally arrived today, but I can't seem to find software which is able to read from this chip.
          Anyone stumbled upon this one and can offer advice? Software I tried:
          - AsProgrammer 1.4.1
          - AsProgrammer 2.0.0a14
          - CH341A-programmer-software-1.29

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
            Thanks or great work i appreciate..
            Or how i contact you personal?
            Hello guys, it's my first post here, so I want to wish you the best.
            I tried Mazzif tool in DOS way for my 2570p, but it didn't remove the bios psw.
            Will HPUnlocker tool be effective for my laptop model?
            Had someone already tested modifying their proper dump bios and reflash?
            Thank you in advance

Comment

Mazzif did not list 2570p as supported. He even said that xx70p is not supported.

So you have to read, modify and flash. This tool works on this model.

Comment

Thanks!! Just used it on and 840 G1 and worked like a charm.

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  Mazzif did not list 2570p as supported. He even said that xx70p is not supported.

So you have to read, modify and flash. This tool works on this model.
                  Thank you very much, at first.
                  I have two more question before start:
                  1. Can I read/modify/write the chip with 16sop clip, or I need to use the heat gun like I read in this post?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=12

2. How can I check if the BIOS will be unlocked successfully before reassmble the laptop?

Comment

I always use clip because I know how to do it with no issues. But unsoldering has less issues if you don't know everything yet.

To get to the chip you just need to remove bottom cover, fan and bottom case. No need to remove the motherboard. To check before reassembling, just connect charger and test. Might want to connect fan to not get a fan error.

Comment

I always use clip because I know how to do it with no issues.
                      Hi RethoricalCheese and thanks for your work. I read through the full thread(s) and as you always suggest to ask before doing wrong things, well, here I am asking your help.
                      I'm going to try reading, erasing, patching and writing bsck a bios for a HP 5320. Chip is MX25L3205D. I saw that the Black version of the CH341A (MinProgrammer) seems to have 5V issues. On the other hand I saw few videos (youtube) of people reading and working with MX25LXXXX chips with not modified Black versions (so in theory applying the 5V to the bios chip).
                      May I have your suggestion ? Is it so important to modify the CH341A programmer if someone wants to operate with the clip (not desoldering the chip) after removing all the batteries (CMOS battery as well) ?
                      thank you !

Comment

wThere should be only 3.3V and 1.8V versions so you must be confusing something.

You get 5V from USB but there is a 3.3V regulator on board thus your chip gets 3.3V. To use a 1.8V chip with that programmer, either you need to mod or get an adapterboard.

CH341A is not a good programmer thus it might have problems reading on-board. But when you try it by reading AND verifying AND checking that the file you get is not filled with 00s or FFs or something like that then you might be OK. I only had problems reading 16MB and larger chips with CH341A.
                        Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 06-01-2020, 02:55 AM.

Comment

wThere should be only 3.3V and 1.8V versions so you must be confusing something.
                          Yep.. I am reading many contributes here and that's the reason of the raised hand asking for help.
                          Another Moderator (SMDFlea) here on BadCaps has written that some of the CH341a black pcb versions need a volt mod (and put an external link where I found more details) https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...er-supply-fix/

Basically in the Ch341A all Vcc connections in the ZIF socket are 3.3V but the CH341A is powered at 5V.
                          So all I2C and SPI signals are 5V while the external memory is powered at 3.3V (and there are no limiting series resistors on those signals). Source:eevblog

That's the reason why many people is modding the programmer making the CH341A workign at 3,3V thus passing then 3,3V to the I2C and SPI signals as well.

Was wondering how many users had found problems (fried Bioses) not applyign the mod.

I'll keep on checking and come back with a conclusion (in the meantime the CH341 cheap programmer changed the PCB layout and there's no updated mod picture.. but the mod should be still valid).
                          But I do realize now that this thread is for the BIOS unlock tool .. not for the mod of the CH341 (so it'd be better to move to an appopriate thread).
                          Thanks ! bye

Comment

Hi,

I am not experted in bios things, but i learn quick, usually. I have purchased a used Hp Elitebook 820 g3 laptop (l4q19av, 6600u cpu). Seller forgot to tell me bios is locked, now he dosen’t remember the password... To unlcok bios, do i have to do these steps:

1. Download current bios from the laptop, but wich program should i use for this?

2. Use the HP unlock tool here, “drag and drop” and unlocked?

3. Flash back the new unlocked bios, but wich program should use for it? Also on bootable usb drive or under windows 10 to flash back?

Thank you guys.

Comment

to read and write the bios you need an SPI programmer..remove the bios chip from the motherboard, put it in the programmer (CH341, TL866), read it, make a copy, check it in the HXD program, remove the password in the program HPunloker, and solder it back on the board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYe21nFSDI

You can find more information and videos on the net
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                to read and write the bios you need an SPI programmer..remove the bios chip from the motherboard, put it in the programmer (CH341, TL866)t
                                Hi. Checking on aliexpress I found that sellers of the Black CH341A programmers are now offering the XTW100 programmer. It has the same USB layout of the CH341A but it's using a different chip (Contex ARM CPU, 72Mhz). Is there any experience/track record with this (new) programmer (XTW100 aka XTWPRO) ?
                                thanks

Comment

to read and write the bios you need an SPI programmer..remove the bios chip from the motherboard, put it in the programmer (CH341, TL866), read it, make a copy, check it in the HXD program, remove the password in the program HPunloker, and solder it back on the board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYe21nFSDI

You can find more information and videos on the net
                                  ---

Thank you very much for the infos.

If i understand well, these would be the detailed procedures,steps:

1. Buy an SPI programmer tool

2. Desolder or clamp to the bios chip to establish a connection

3. Launch a software, back up the original bios, save it to an other desktop computer or other laptop.

4.Use the HPunlocker.exe application in this thread to remove the password from the downloaded/saved bios file.

5. Flash back this new unlocked bios file to the bios chip.

6. Solder back chip or unclip/unclamp the bios chip.

7. Fingers crossed and power on laptop.

These are the right steps? Do i miss anything?

Thank you Peste!

Comment

yes, but without clips, it gives errors in writing and reading, you desolder the chip and solder it, it's not a big deal, and make sure the saved copy is ok.
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hey guys. I recently tried to unblock a few X360 310 G2 using clips.

They have BIOS chip 25LQ64C and MX25U6435F (1 unit had the first and one the second).

Unfortunately, neither now work and I don´t have a good backup of a their BIOS (I suppose the read was corrupted as well).

I´m new to this, so did not know that these chips needed to be desoldered to read / write and now left with 2 dead boards.

Anyways, I have another one with a clean BIOS, so my plan is to desolder that one, read it correctly and then desolder the others and write them correctly.. I guess they will all have the same serial in the end, but whatever..

So this leaves me with a couple questions I´m hoping someone can help me with:

1) If I take a good image of one clean BIOS chip, can I write it to both 25LQ64C and MX25U6435F? Everything else on the computers is the exact same (CPU, model, etc.)

2) For the future - how do I know if I can use clips to read a BIOS or should desolder it to read/write?

Thanks for any help

Comment

yes, but without clips, it gives errors in writing and reading, you desolder the chip and solder it, it's not a big deal, and make sure the saved copy is ok.
                                        Finally do you suggest to use the clip or desoldering?

1. Can I try to read 3 or 4 times the .bin BIOS file and compare them to check they are the same so be sure my SOP16 clip had worked well ?

2. Can I refer to this video to plug the clip on the chip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7esVtVwiGI

or do you have better video reference?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewsd View Post
                                          Hey guys. I recently tried to unblock a few X360 310 G2 using clips.

They have BIOS chip 25LQ64C and MX25U6435F (1 unit had the first and one the second).

Unfortunately, neither now work and I don´t have a good backup of a their BIOS (I suppose the read was corrupted as well).

I´m new to this, so did not know that these chips needed to be desoldered to read / write and now left with 2 dead boards.

Anyways, I have another one with a clean BIOS, so my plan is to desolder that one, read it correctly and then desolder the others and write them correctly.. I guess they will all have the same serial in the end, but whatever..

So this leaves me with a couple questions I´m hoping someone can help me with:

1) If I take a good image of one clean BIOS chip, can I write it to both 25LQ64C and MX25U6435F? Everything else on the computers is the exact same (CPU, model, etc.)

2) For the future - how do I know if I can use clips to read a BIOS or should desolder it to read/write?

Thanks for any help
                                          do not use clips give errors, remove the bios chip ..

Comment

Working...
                                          X