Badcaps Veteran

City & State: San Jose, CA
My Country: USA, Unsure of Planet
Line Voltage: 120VAC, 60Hz & 115VAC, 400Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech
Default Re: Question electrolytic capacitor from 1990`s

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer87 View Post
The reform of the electrolytic capacitor will need to be carried out periodically but I have doubts if this reform can be done by plugging the electronic device into the wall socket, I have electronic devices from the early 90's eg Snes consoles, PS2 Slim TVs CRT

Does the maximum time to carry out this reform depend on the age and brand of the electrolytic capacitor? in the worst case (brand and capacitor from the beginning of the 90s) what is the minimum time for reform?
You might find the initial post in this thread helpful, https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50530 .

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.
Anti-Covid-Vaxxer pig crap claim/prediction, Doctor: Heart Failure from mRNA Jabs "Will Kill Most People" | Principia Scientific Intl. ; Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche Warns COVID-19 Jab Injuries and Deaths Will Soon "Collapse Our Health System" (VIDEO) ; Fully Vaxxed May 2021; Since that time I've done 7 5Ks, 1 8K, 8 10Ks, and 4 half marathons
PeteS in CA is offline   Reply With Quote