No announcement yet.

Migration Complete, everything is working....post here if you think it isn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site is back, attachments aren't yet. Read this please!

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
    I would like to thank Topcat, shovenose, ratdude747 and anybody else who took part at this project!

I hope that attachments will be restored soon!
    I really wasn't part of this... it was more of a "Hey Larry, could you do me a favor..." sort of thing. Shovenose and Topcat were the ones who deserve credit.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
      The old server was moving data at about 70KB/s.
      Actually, attachments were often far slower than that!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Good job! And to the admins and moderators that have to deal with this. I know what it's like my Synonlogy diskstation crashed couple weeks back and I had replace everything backed up from external hard drives. Since it's a mess SHR raid system I feel your pain. It took 2 weeks to restore 10tb of crap. Well done!
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
          Actually, attachments were often far slower than that!
          Actually, it was often more like 40 kbps!
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Private messages should be back now - please feel free to report any problems.

Comment

I get "database error" once in a while as I browse.

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
                I get "database error" once in a while as I browse.
                Still getting them after I posted about ten minutes before you posted that?

Comment

Can't access User CP. Site hangs on and on and on and on and on and on and on... you get the point. It's really annoying. I accessed it ONCE this morning, and I haven't been able to access it since. >
                  Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                  RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                  Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                  - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                  - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                  - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                  - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechGeek View Post
                    Can't access User CP. Site hangs on and on and on and on and on and on and on... you get the point. It's really annoying. I accessed it ONCE this morning, and I haven't been able to access it since. >
                    Funny... it seems you are the only one with this issue. I'm able to access it OK. Can a few other people check for me, please?

Comment

Originally posted by TechGeek View Post
                      Can't access User CP. Site hangs on and on and on and on and on and on and on...
                      Looks like the same thing here!

*-Wonders if the new hosting provider is an asshole and has hardware issues...

*-And wonders if the database error earlier is someone at the hosting provider F-ing up the permissions intentionally...
                      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 01-17-2016, 09:24 PM.
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Private messages should be back now - please feel free to report any problems.
                        Still not working. Takes forever to process only to get a 500 server error.

Edit- seconded on the CP not working... seems to be the same issue.
                        Last edited by ratdude747; 01-17-2016, 09:28 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Whatever is causing the forever-loading and then 500 error'ing User CPs and Private Message pages is crashing the MySQL service after enough people try to load it. The problem is I'm unable to replicate it from my end - weird. Well, still working on it...

Comment

Alright, I believe i found the problem... tuned some things in MySQL - could anybody who was having the problem with user CP/private messages before, check again, and report back if its OK?

Thanks...

Comment

Running smooth so far...
                              sigpic

Comment

works ok from other side of the globe

Comment

ive got no private messages at all does not show anything? so cant send/receive any user cp seems ok.

Comment

I'm new here, but thanks so much for your work. Regards from Spain

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                      ive got no private messages at all does not show anything? so cant send/receive any user cp seems ok.
                                      They'll be back in a couple days. The Private messages table in the database was the only one that was damaged during the transfer so until I have time to try to copy it again from the old server and repair it simply truncating the pm table and disabling PM feature was the fastest way to get the forum running again.

Comment

The old server was moving data at about 70KB/s. There was not sufficient space on the old servers (disks were almost completely full) so zipping stuff up was not an option. Also, the old server went down twice for what was apparently RAID array rebuilds during the download process. Quite frustrating, and made the migration infinitely more complex.
                                        Just asking, but when you knew it will be a nightmare, why have you not just downloaded everything to a hard drive and sent it via UPS or whatever? My estimate is it would be like 5times faster…no? Using cable is not always the best option…

Is it virtualized over some redundant HW now? You implied last time about that being standard by some other providers. Srsly, no offense man, but I don't care what standard is there in that "advanced" US of A. Here in CZ (and we are usualy considered east europe by big ass managers) no hosting provider (maybe besides some garage amateurs) would dare to offer ANY service which is NOT virtualized over SEVERAL INDEPENDENT SERVERS in 2016. Exactly for that reason that one may die any second every day (even brand new one) and the service MUST be running I am just asking…
                                        Last edited by Behemot; 01-20-2016, 01:24 PM.
                                        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                                        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

They'll be back in a couple days. The Private messages table in the database was the only one that was damaged during the transfer so until I have time to try to copy it again from the old server and repair it simply truncating the pm table and disabling PM feature was the fastest way to get the forum running again.
                                          Thankyou i was basically replying to your post 33 about if anyones pm wasnt working but thanks for everyone who has helped with the server swop etc this is a great forum i have learnt a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                          X