Digihome PTDR32FHDS5 (Vestel) 32" LED Smart TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digihome PTDR32FHDS5 (Vestel) 32" LED Smart TV

Apply a positive voltage of approx. 3v to the DIM pin and see if the LEDs light up more strongly. You can apply the voltage from the stb voltage through a resistor. Don't forget to replace the filter electrolyte as well.
    Or you can cut short between the BL / on and DIM pins.
    Last edited by yokoono; 04-14-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Hi, excuse my ignorance what is stb?

Comment

Originally posted by arizanotlari View Post
        Connect a video source to tv (hdmi or dvbt).
        Connected Blu-ray player hdmi nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by John McGivern View Post
          The voltage applied to the motherboard when the TV is turned off.

Comment

standby

Comment

Just to clarify, Tv plugged in on standby. Apply 3v across resistor to dim pin.
              What next?

Comment

Just to clarify, Tv plugged in on standby. Apply 3v across resistor to dim pin.
                What next?
                see if screen lights up normal, if dim pin is zero volts could explaine why dim screen

Comment

At Vestel electronics you can also enter the MENU and look for the backlight setting. There are 3 settings: low, medium, maximum. Set the maximum and see if the brightness increases. If there is a problem it will not change.

Comment

Hi unfortunately I dont have a remote yet just using single button on the back for on/off not sure which remote to order these sets are a nightmare too many revisions of boards.
                    Do backlights default to lowest setting.
                    On standby led supply voltage is 37vdc approx half that is required.

Comment

when you replaced the power supply did you match all the numbers i think the led output voltage does alter on some power supplies ,so say you use a 22inch supply the led voltage will be lower than a 32 inch psu

this remote may work https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303505305...JyXx%2FQ%3D%3D
                      Last edited by vinceroger69; 04-15-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Blimey I am surprised you haven't resourced a remote control for it. Use a Sky remote control if you have one and programme it up: https://www.sky.com/help/program-your-remote

The questions I would ask first off is what is the code on your psu it will be the code highlighted here in picture. This is the code that you would need to find a replacement for the psu. Check to see what model on ebay it is suitable for the size of the screen that you ordered a replacement for it. If it's for a different size screen or different number of leds inside the screen then that will be why your brightness is low.
                        Generic Vestel remotes will also access some of the functions. I have around 10 different vestel remotes that I use if I don't have the exact one for the TV. At least then you can ensure brightness isn't turned down as well as backlight as well.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I asked and he wrote that the power supply is ORIGINAL. So I can rule out the possibility that this is for another panel, of another size.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                            I asked and he wrote that the power supply is ORIGINAL. So I can rule out the possibility that this is for another panel, of another size.
                            post 20 says he replaced it so could possibly be wrong i guess

Comment

hi are you still working on this?

Comment

Yes I am still working on this I replaced the power supply with an exact 32” but the same fault appeared on the new one will get remote asap.

Comment

try whats suggested in post 21 if dim signal is missing proves its a mainboard fault

Comment

Just had a 32" with same PSU 17IPS62, found one of the legs on the transformer near the led connector needed reflowing.

Comment

might be worth just checking over both power boards for dry joints as already mentioned, as they do suffer from this issue, even if your replacement board was sold as working.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                                        Apply a positive voltage of approx. 3v to the DIM pin and see if the LEDs light up more strongly. You can apply the voltage from the stb voltage through a resistor. Don't forget to replace the filter electrolyte as well.
                                        Or you can cut short between the BL / on and DIM pins.
                                        Hi can you describe the method for injecting 3vdc to dim pin and where to inject is TV on standby or switched on where to position resistor is PSU board disconnected from main board sorry for my lack of knowledge just a beginner don't want to cause more damage want to learn to troubleshoot not just change complete boards and learn nothing. What do you mean by short between Bl / on and dim pins this requires removal of board. Likewise on main board all Test points on underside of board. I have an oscilloscope if someone can point out where to test and what to expect signal wise, many thanks.

Comment

I gave directions for an advanced non-beginner. To begin with, you need to identify the POWER ON pins (can also be called otherwise) for power supply start, BL / ON pin for backlight start and DIM pin for LED current adjustment. If you find the pins you can make the measurements WITHOUT the motherboard.

It is NOT possible to learn how to troubleshoot TVs online.

Comment

Working...
                                          X