Acer Aspire 5252 missing network(lan) in device manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 5252 missing network(lan) in device manager

I got this laptop cheap from someone because the laptop didnt start up. The fix was easy, I had to reball the gpu. So far so good. After I installed a new windows I noticed that Im missing the network(lan) from device manager, no matter how many times I hit refresh it wont show up. Wifi is okay.
    Curios, both leds light up when I plug cable into the port.
    Motherboard model is:
    HannStar J
    MV-4
    94V-0
    or PEW96 LA-6552P.

Re: Acer Aspire 5252 missing network(lan) in device manager

try this schema
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, thank you but already found the schematic. Lan circuits are on pg 24-25 and im trying to figure out how to interpret them. Truth to tell, it's the first time I dwell really into schematic reading.

Comment

try plug a cable on laptop and see if lan comes in

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
          try plug a cable on laptop and see if lan comes in
          Nothing happens.

I managed to read and check all voltages from p.24. They all check, tough instead of 3V i have 3.3V but I dont think that matters.
          However I noticed that there is a slight discolour on the lan chip(lower right corner) as shown in the picture, which I could'nt clean away. I check the voltages around and some pins had 1.2V, 3.3V, less then 1V or nothing on them. Im not sure that counts for something.
          Attached Files

Comment

@Scootie
            Did you check LAN config if it is enabled in BIOS?

Comment

Yes, it is enabled, the bios was also reset(baterry out).

Comment

@Scootie
                I would like you run Linux Live CD & see if LAN works (to be sure).

Comment

try with linux. did the computer got hit by a flash (the one when there is bad wheater)

Comment

Hmm, bad news. Original problem has returned. Laptop starts but no video signal on screen or external vga is present. At one point from some reason it started, I got into bios to check again network status but the only option for t is a network boot rom which I enabled but still no presence of it in device manager while in windows, the green(only) light still lights up while cable is inserted.
                    Meanwhile, im downloading a livecd of knopix.

The gpu is a 216-0752001. Anyone knows if these have problems? I will try to reball it monday when I return to work.

Comment

That NB/IGP is questionable indeed. However, i've done many of them and they all have one thing in common - very small pads on the mainboard. Maybe you didn't clean it thoroughly and some dirt or oxide was left on some of them, causing an intermittent connection.

The LAN is connected to the southbridge however - i suspect that board may have other issues as well. Has the laptop been dropped?
                      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

That could be, Ill be back next Monday.

Comment

Network problem is unfortunently from KB926QF... reprogramme (if you have programmer for this) or replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chieftain View Post
                            Network problem is unfortunently from KB926QF... reprogramme (if you have programmer for this) or replace it.
                            KB926QF is not programmable my friend.

Comment

did u check enabling options in bios?

Comment

The last post from the OP was 6 years old.
                                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
                                X