Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    Do what it says. Read the 16MB chip and use that instead of 32MB chip...

See my error above ? any input?

Comment

Ignored that, no file uploaded to test with

Check if you got the unlocked file anyway because that error happens after patching.
      Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 10-24-2021, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Oh sorry RethoricalCheese - It did output a file, just the python error seemed like it was looking for files that werent there so didn't want to program and have to desolder.

Comment

That error is about displayinfo. Displays serial number, mac, me version, OA3 and such. Not important for unlocking. Compare unlocked with original just to be sure. There should be a difference near UserCred.

Comment

Hello, did anyone tried to unlock HP 650 G8 i5 1135g7? I have a chance to buy one, but it is locked in BIOS... Than you!

Comment

It will probably be unlockable but who knows how. Can't find out without testing. So when you do buy it, read both main and EC bios and upload them, we'll take a look.

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply, let's see if I make a deal.
                Great support from you!

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  This is a multitool and unlocker for several series of laptops. Works on Windows. No python etc installing needed, all included in package. Everything is tested by myself but since every laptop is not made equally, there might be edge cases. Always VERIFY your file after reading!!!

Unlocking
                  HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models)
                  Chromebooks from all various manufacturers
                  Apple - everything older than T2
                  More to come...

Information display (helps to verify file integrity)
                  HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Custom logo removal
                  HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.

In case there are problems with unlocking your laptop, write a short description of the issue, upload original file and if possible, _unlocked.bin file aswell. Just crying for help is useless. Keep the topic as clean as possible.

You may ask for feature requests, I'll see what I can do.

-- hello there, the BIOS can be updated by holding down the windows key + B when powering on the laptop... is there no way to take a bios dump without removing the chip.... then using RC unlocker tool to remove the bios passwords... then using the bios update tool to reflash the .bin file to remove the password? just a suggestion of course i knoew nothing in this area of expertise but wanted to know if it was possible or not many thanks kind regards!

Comment

No, I deliberately make you work harder because that method would be too easy

Comment

Hello, everyone.
                      I am looking for a bios dump from Probook 445R G6.

Comment

I download this software but its not working, how its work anyone reply me

Comment

Originally posted by erzhan89 View Post
                          Hello, everyone.
                          I am looking for a bios dump from Probook 445R G6.
                          Off-topic ,start your own thread and post your backup.
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by bhatt View Post
                            I download this software but its not working, how its work anyone reply me
                            Did you read post #1

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...15&postcount=1

Quote:

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

hi bro
                              how this tool is working 840g5 bios password remove ( RCUnlocker_v_1_0) reply me bro

Comment

Originally posted by Ghamidi View Post
                                Hi Mr RethoricalCheese
                                the software is compatible with HP Elitebook 830 G6

Thank you
                                Which files did you unlock with the software? Also both 32mb and 16mb bin files or just the 16mb bin file?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by onelook View Post
                                  Which files did you unlock with the software? Also both 32mb and 16mb bin files or just the 16mb bin file?

Thanks
                                  Ok just read the thread and find out that i need to unlock the 16mb file. But how do i know if i need to unlock the 32mb too?

Here are my dumped files

Thanks
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onelook View Post
                                    Ok just read the thread and find out that i need to unlock the 16mb file. But how do i know if i need to unlock the 32mb too?

Here are my dumped files

Thanks
                                    Never mind. Just got it unlock.

Thanks

Comment

So, how does RCUnlocker work? Or is that a secret?

I have some guesses, but they're rather extravagant. Occam's Razor and all that.

Comment

No need to use your imagination. Just compare files using hex editor

Comment

I think I got it.

For HP, you erase the NVRAM region (not entirely sure how this is detected)
                                          For Chromebooks, you flip the devmode and enrollment bits (I guessed correctly!)
                                          For Apple devices, you clear a 289 byte region starting with 0xAA557F00 (maybe HP works the same way - clear a XXX byte region starting with 0xYYYYYYYY)

Very cool

EDIT: Ah, yes. For HP, it wipes a region starting with a bunch of 0xFF and "NvramActiveRegn", and ending with [something I didn't bother to remember].
                                          Sure would've been nice if you had uploaded this as a Python script instead of a PE executable, so I wouldn't have had to open up a Windows VM and copy a bunch of files back and forth to "reverse-engineer" this XP
                                          Last edited by unilock01; 11-19-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X