Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by Asachan View Post
    Hello RethoricalCheese and thank you ! If you need any more informations let me know ! I try to unlock it by myself too, i'll let you know if i find out .
    I'm also looking for an unlocked g8 spi and ec dump to compare them but no chance so far !

Try this and let me know.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      Looks like your Visual C++ had problems.
      I already reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, nothing has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefax2001 View Post
        I already reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, nothing has changed.
        Install both x32 and x64 files.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
          Install both x32 and x64 files.
          Thanks, it worked.

Comment

hi can i ask a question please . does the rc unlocker support the hp 8470p it has the 16 pin bios chip . . hpbr doesn't support it as tried it tonight under shotgun mode .
            best regards

Comment

It does.

Comment

Try this and let me know.
                Unfortunately i didn't have the chance to try out ... I wrote the bios on the chip and my computer decided to never start again. CPU is fried if i trust the blinking leds. Tried to wrote back both original SPI and EC roms but no luck. I'm pretty sure this is not your fault even tho i don't see where i did a mistake, ever heard of a bad bios frying a component ? Never heard of it so probably nope haha. Maybe i flashed the roms too many times. Anyway, thanks for your help and i'll let you know if i have any luck to try it !

Comment

Usually when this happens, either reading or writing has been the issue. Thatswhy everybody must always use the verify button aswell. No cutting corners.

Another thing would be bad soldering of the bios chips.

Or battery was not removed when unlocking.

Comment

Usually when this happens, either reading or writing has been the issue. Thatswhy everybody must always use the verify button aswell. No cutting corners.

Another thing would be bad soldering of the bios chips.

Or battery was not removed when unlocking.
                    As i said, it's probably my fault . Still didn't find where i made the mistake tho. Ever heard of someone fixing a thing like this ? I'll start to properly resolder the chips first and check the connections. After that i'm kinda out of ideas haha.

Comment

Lately I've seen a few 840 G5 die of excessive heat when unsoldering and soldering bios chip. Otherwise, no.

Comment

I will work on it soon, will let you know if i have any news. Thanks again for the help !

Comment

Hi can someone check this file for me please . when i drag it to rc unlocker i get an error message saying missing unlockable content .
                          i can only assume it the connection what the issue . but if i try with hp unlocker it says unlocked the laptop in question is hp 8470p
                          best regards

Comment

hpunlocker has no content verification (I was kinda hoping that people know how to read and check what they read from their chip. But that was too naive of me. So RCUnlocker has half of its code just for verification)

Your readout is garbage. Try again WITH using verify button. How many times do I have to tell it?
                            Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 12-05-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

hpunlocker has no content verification.

Your readout is garbage. Try again WITH using verify button. How many times do I have to tell it?
                              cheers i thought it was i used a cheap Chinese clip . i will solder the wires to it

Comment

I have problem with unlock HP ProBook 4545s. After using RCUnlocker it still requires logon's bios.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NTBservis View Post
                                  I have problem with unlock HP ProBook 4545s. After using RCUnlocker it still requires logon's bios.

Thanks
                                  >

Comment

Working

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NTBservis View Post
                                      Working

Thanks.
                                      You're welcome.

Comment

HP EliteBook 840 G8 unlocked with hex editor without your tool. i know it can but you had to remove 128Mbit bios limit

Comment

So nvramactiveregn still?

It's easy to remove the limit but I have to stop people from using it on main bios then. But I have an idea. Will try to do it next week.

Comment

Working...
                                          X