Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by rethoricalcheese View Post
    so nvramactiveregn still?
    yes

Comment

please need unlock
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-10-2021, 04:40 AM. Reason: removed bios,posted it multiple times already.........

Comment

Originally posted by alfa20fr View Post
        please need unlock
        Have you tried it,just drag the bios onto the program exe .
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Have you tried it,just drag the bios onto the program exe .
          yes but still with password

Comment

So probably main bios needs cleaning aswell in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
              So probably main bios needs cleaning aswell in your case.
              please unlock thanks
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

issue with RCUnlocker

hi sir

i got this image from a friend in a discord server askinng me to help and as you're the developer of RCUnlocker i thought of sharing this with you maybe you got an answer, thank you
                sorry to disturb with this, just ignore this message if you have no time for it
                Attached Files

Comment

maybe he should try renaming his files and folders in a proper way.
                  filename.bin not filename.somethingelse.bin. or foldername not foldername.somethingelse

Comment

I got a HP elitebook 840 G1. with no bios password. But is this tool also enabling the manufacturing programming mode?
                    At the moment mine is locked. But while booting I'm still getting the:
                    Warning machine is not in committed state
                    because I forgot to add the serial number when I swapped the bios chips on the Main board.

Comment

No, that would be a terrible thing to have on it

I found that sometimes just updating bios gets rid of that message (in case you have all serial numbers and such inserted and mpm locked). So try that first.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                        No, that would be a terrible thing to have on it

I found that sometimes just updating bios gets rid of that message (in case you have all serial numbers and such inserted and mpm locked). So try that first.
                        thats the issue, I'm missing 2 parameters. the feature byte and SKU.
                        when it was unlocked I received an access denied message when I wrote the config.txt back with the backup utility configurator tool from HP.
                        Any other way to get the MPM unlocked again to fill it in?
                        Last edited by Gratje; 12-11-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Cant edit my previous post.
                          I also have the option to solder back the 2 original SO8 IC's but that has a bios password lock. And the use the RCUnlocker.
                          But can I maybe only solder back the original EC BIOS chip? and Keep the unlocked main bios chip without password?
                          Or should it be a "matched" pair?

Comment

One will overwrite other. So unlock original main and solder both originals on.

Comment

Thanks. To be sure I will backup everything before. The new ones and the original ones.

Comment

@RethoricalCheese
                                back from post #38 from this thread, answering your question...

Question: What clip do you use for wson chips anyway?
                                Answer: You may be able to use this tool for HP laptops, in which they use a WSON8 chip and have SOP8 pads at the sides of WSON chip, the tool will make contact onto the SOP8 pads. To anyone reading this post, just make sure you get the (SOP8) 200mil version of the tool.
                                www.ebay.com/itm/324812073387

Comment

Now that seems like a nice one.

Comment

@RethoricalCheese
                                    I totally agree. You will just have to keep probe steady while you read/program chip, so a fast programmer will come handy too.

Comment

840 g8 patch i put on notes easy to find hex
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                        @RethoricalCheese
                                        I totally agree. You will just have to keep probe steady while you read/program chip, so a fast programmer will come handy too.

Use raspberry pi and flashrom, find the sweetspot for read/write speed. Using a 3v3 LDO which gets power from USB might be needed for G3 to make it more reliable. Haven't tested this onboard on G3 yet.

Make reading as fast as possible by specifying as narrow area as possible (for G3 it's the VSS region for example). Database needed for every model you might need unlocking.

Make a python or bash script to make it all automatic (read, verify, patch, write, verify)

In that case, all of it takes seconds. Maybe 10 or less, I haven't really measured time.

Sorry that I am unable to share this part of the unlocker because I wrote it @ work Just to give you an idea, maybe somebody takes the time to make it happen.

Oh and this is the whole reason I use raspberry. It's darn fast and reliable and makes automation possible. Awful for beginners tho.

Comment

Hello!

I registered here just to report success in using RCUnlocker to remove the BIOS/UEFI administrator password on an HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Mini. I de-soldered the BIOS (Winbond W25Q128FVSQ), dropped it into a TL866ii Plus, read it twice, validated it, unlocked it with RCUnlocker, flashed it back, re-soldered and we're good to go.

Thank you RethoricalCheese!

tricky

Comment

Working...
                                          X