Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCTV Vertical Coloured Lines Rolling Across Screen Interference

Originally posted by TornadoAlley101 View Post
    Also, will purchasing a 10a power supply benefit my cameras by providing more amps than required? Is it possible I could also buy a 20a 12v power supply instead? For some reason they are cheaper than the 10a power supplies but if the 20a will mess up my cameras then I can go with the 10a instead.
    The 20Amp would be fine especially if cheaper than the 10A version.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

The SS1200 looks as though it's a 600W unit so at 110V the max load current would be 5.45Amps.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ugh, I purchased the 10A Power Supply and the lines still persist. Help!!!
        I feel like my outlet is underpowered or something. I was going to try testing it with my voltmeter but it is broken. I feel like I am going to end up dropping a lot of money on this if the problem keeps up. I really need some professional help on what to do.
        Last edited by TornadoAlley101; 04-01-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

It could be a ground loop.
          I did 6 months working in a CCTV place, I had to replace a similar power supply as a recent installation had similar interference on the screen. It was no better after replacement.
          I believe it was replaced with an IP camera system after that.

Comment

If you are combining the ANALOG camera video signal over twisted pair, you will likely have that issue. one cameras video will beat against the others causing a harmonic which shows up in the video. The best way is to run seperate coax to each camera.
            If it was a ground loop problem it would usually have a bar that rolles upward in the video signal.
            Last edited by R_J; 04-01-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Ugh, I purchased the 10A Power Supply and the lines still persist. Help!!!
              I feel like my outlet is underpowered or something. I was going to try testing it with my voltmeter but it is broken. I feel like I am going to end up dropping a lot of money on this if the problem keeps up. I really need some professional help on what to do.
              If I read the tech sheet for the SS1200 correctly then it is rated at just over 5 amps. If you have more items connected to it that take in total more than 5 amps then that may well be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                If I read the tech sheet for the SS1200 correctly then it is rated at just over 5 amps. If you have more items connected to it that take in total more than 5 amps then that may well be the problem.
                I disconnected the UPS system from the voltage stabilizer and nothing has changed. The UPS is directly connected to the wall outlet but there is no change in the lines. The description says the voltage stabilizer's maximum capacity is 1200VA @ 600 Watts.
                Last edited by TornadoAlley101; 04-03-2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  If you are combining the ANALOG camera video signal over twisted pair, you will likely have that issue. one cameras video will beat against the others causing a harmonic which shows up in the video. The best way is to run seperate coax to each camera.
                  If it was a ground loop problem it would usually have a bar that rolles upward in the video signal.
                  I have multiple BNC cables running side to side next to each other at some locations. Will that cause problems? I really hope that isn't the problem because the areas where they are together are the only areas they can run. Also, the lines roll sideways (left to right or right to left) not upward.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                    It could be a ground loop.
                    I did 6 months working in a CCTV place, I had to replace a similar power supply as a recent installation had similar interference on the screen. It was no better after replacement.
                    I believe it was replaced with an IP camera system after that.
                    I am afraid if it could actually be a ground loop. The ground loop isolators cost up to 15 bucks for just a 2 pack and with 16 cameras this could be very expensive. I wish I could get a sample isolator so I could test this out first before I go off buying 16 isolators.

Comment

I have multiple BNC cables running side to side next to each other at some locations. Will that cause problems? I really hope that isn't the problem because the areas where they are together are the only areas they can run. Also, the lines roll sideways (left to right or right to left) not upward.
                      BNC are the connectors, what type of cable? If it is coax, shielded cable its not an issue. If it's twited pairs of wire then I could see a problem.
                      A ground loop is a small difference in the 60hz a/c ground between two points, and due to the vertical scan rate being around 59hz, the bar will show as moving upward in the image.
                      Last edited by R_J; 04-03-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I am afraid if it could actually be a ground loop. The ground loop isolators cost up to 15 bucks for just a 2 pack and with 16 cameras this could be very expensive. I wish I could get a sample isolator so I could test this out first before I go off buying 16 isolators.
                        Umm... sorry... if one can afford 16 cameras, he can afford 16 Loop isolators for 8 bucks a piece too.

Comment

BNC are the connectors, what type of cable? If it is coax, shielded cable its not an issue. If it's twited pairs of wire then I could see a problem.
                          A ground loop is a small difference in the 60hz a/c ground between two points, and due to the vertical scan rate being around 59hz, the bar will show as moving upward in the image.
                          It is a cable sold by ZOSI themselves. It should show all the specs so here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/ZOSI-Extensio.../dp/B0185MMPP2

Last edited by TornadoAlley101; 04-03-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                            Umm... sorry... if one can afford 16 cameras, he can afford 16 Loop isolators for 8 bucks a piece too.
                            I purchased the system on a lightening deal. Be more helpful next time.

Comment

So if it is possibly a ground loop, is there a way to test it out to confirm it?

Comment

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have the exact same problem with a ZOSI 16 Channel CCTV System. Vertical lines on every camera. I am using 4 power adapters, each connected to a 4 way splitter to power all 16 cameras. When I power only one camera without the 4 way splitter the lines disappear.
                                So you have 16 cameras and 4 splitters correct? The splitters are for the Dc only and each camera has a separate video cable from the camera to the DVR unit? If this is correct, try disconnecting each video line and see if that makes a difference.
                                Last edited by R_J; 04-06-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

So you have 16 cameras and 4 splitters correct? The splitters are for the Dc only and each camera has a separate video cable from the camera to the DVR unit? If this is correct, try disconnecting each video line and see if that makes a difference.
                                  I actually have the cameras set up to the power supply now. I will try to disconnect each video line separately though and see if there are any differences.
                                  Last edited by TornadoAlley101; 04-07-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

You said if you had one camera connected the lines disappeared, if you connect a second camera the lineas appear. I assume this was disconnecting the power to the cameras. with more than one camera powered but only one VIDEO connected, see if the lines are there, if not connect a second camera video, if the lines appear, disconnect the bnc cable and then just touch the bnc ground to the dvr and see if the lines return in the connected camera video.

Comment

You said if you had one camera connected the lines disappeared, if you connect a second camera the lineas appear. I assume this was disconnecting the power to the cameras. with more than one camera powered but only one VIDEO connected, see if the lines are there, if not connect a second camera video, if the lines appear, disconnect the bnc cable and then just touch the bnc ground to the dvr and see if the lines return in the connected camera video.
                                      Sorry, I did mean that I tested it out by removing the power lines. I will try out your method and let you know the results. Thanks!

Comment

Results:
                                        When 1 Channel Connected via Power + Video and all other channels ARE connected via power ONLY = Lines Appear

When 1 Channel Connected via Power + Video and all other channels NOT connected via power NOR video = Lines Disappear

When 2 Channel Connected via Power + Video and all other channels ARE connected via power ONLY = Lines Appear

Comment

So as soon as a second channel is connected (any camera of the 16) the lines appear. If just touching the second cameras bnc to the dvr does'nt give the lines, then its nothing to do with the ground. It is likey just that the dvr has poor isolation and filtering between the video channels. when you have 2 signals that are basically the same they will will produce harmonics that will show up in the image, just like having 2 audio signals thet beat together will produce harmonics

Comment

Working...
                                          X