This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your system.......

No idea what the server is going to be doing; why be careful of old HDDs? And TC, that case is kick-ass, and I was thinking about modding it to standard E-ATX. That plan went out the window when I saw the backplane. Maybe will fit BTX boards with a little modding?
    Last edited by Chris1992; 11-09-2005, 02:23 PM.
    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat
      Dual P-Pro, too slow to do anything useful cept maybe a small web server or something... Sure a fun trinket though.
      i sold a neighbor a dual ppro 200 7 years ago.was an upgrade pull.
      just the mobo,cpu's and ram.
      they still use it and are running xp on it.the guy ran his trucking company dispach system on it till i got in that 694d i posted pics of the vrm repair of here.
      dropped 2x 933's on it and made a huge difference and sent the ppro to his kids as a spyware catcher.

Comment

yuk!
        thats why my systems go outside every few months to met the air compressor!

Originally posted by Topcat
        Ohh, and some pics of my system being cleaned....
        Since I'm moving to a new house, I figured I'd dust out the PC before I move it.... I figured a quick brushing with a dust brush and vacuuming with the shop vac and she'd be good to go........... How wrong was I.... I just spent the last 4 hours disassembling and cleaning huge clumps of dust and crud......
        Last edited by willawake; 11-10-2005, 01:52 AM. Reason: ok we dont need the pics a second time

Comment

I have GigaByte GA-686DX dual PPro board but only 1 CPU. I have no use for it but it's nice It might be a nice server machine with second CPU and AMI MegaRAID card (and some disks) for which I don't have any use too.

Comment

My systems are as follows:

Test bed/temporary backup system

No case
            Western Digital 80gb ATA100 7200RPM HDD
            Gigabyte GA-7VKML motherboard, recapped with Rubycons
            Duron 700mhz skt A proc
            256mb Mushkin DDR333
            Onboard sound, video, and NIC
            Old L&C 250watt PSU still kickin'

My main machine

Looks like it's about ready for a blast of air...

Specs:

Gigabyte 7N400-L motherboard
            AMD Athlon XP 2200+
            1gb PNY DDR400 in dual channel (2x512)
            200gb Maxtor HD (got for cheap from Staples... don't trust it worth a damn)
            GeForce NX6600GT 128mb DDR AGP 8x video card
            Kworld TV tuner card
            Onboard sound + NIC
            Sparkle 300w PSU

The desk...

Got it from a local business that was trying to get rid of it... price, FREE, and it's solid. And by solid, I mean, takes 3 men and a boy to move it.
            Last edited by dood; 01-07-2006, 02:37 PM.
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Attached Files
              capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

AOC monitor

Comment

AOC monitor 1024x768 85hz max but ok it was 60 euro new. i cant complain about the picture, it is uniformly correct. if it breaks i will throw it in the trash and replace with a samsung tft, it is now only for the development boxes / audio pc. i bought it a while ago when my fd trinitron broke and i needed time to decide on a good tft. in the end i got a samsung 173p which has the best colours i have seen but slow.

did you see only the AOC in the picture or what is on it?

Comment

I have AOC that looks excactly like that @work. They're cheap and crappy. I use 1024x768@85Hz on 15" monitors, and I'd like at least 1152x864@85Hz on a 17".

Looks like MacOS X.

Comment

OSX86 its the new toy

yeh i personally bought a samsung 710v to use in the office, i look at it 10 hours a day so it was worth it. i am trying to get another 3 tfts approved so everybody can have nice monitors but it is a problem.
                      Last edited by willawake; 01-15-2006, 03:19 PM.

Comment

ok lets post them system pics again, lets see your plans for 2006.

here i have from the left, a PII which i am supposed to be configuring for the company firewall. i will check out monowall this weekend. Then we have a P3 tualatin on tusl2 which is gonna be running either fedora or centos tomorrow cos i am gonna force myself to learn more linux. Then the next one is the celeron 2.66 with albatron 865 mobo and tons of storage at the moment cos i am trying to consolidate my shit. you can see the stack of hdds also on the side desk and the removable caddy in the comp. This machine is now my stereo with the audiophile 192 soundcard and also gives me chance to mess around with cubase and the keyboard on the far left. It also got an asus 6600gt and the old rumblepad came out of the cupboard so i am gaming again on the aoc crt. i use the small benq keyboard and another mouse with that pc at the moment cos i am bored with the lag to switch kvm. then my main comp on the right which got an LG dvdr and a crappy cooler master fan controller which i wish i hadnt bought. Eventually to be either painted black or replaced with a cooler master stacker. At least those same chieftec/chenming cases without door became available again here. i will get some if we do some upgrades for the office...indestructible. i just wish they would bring some black without door, they have black with door like TCs new one though. since black components are now not at a premium i would like some more black pcs for the office heh.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by willawake; 01-27-2006, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Well, this is it... Cleaned up as you can see :evilgrin:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-11-2014, 08:50 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded due to problems with host
                          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Here's what my primary machine is.. I'm not going to list all the PC stuff laying around here, otherwise you guys will think i'm crazy..

Athlon 64 3000+ S939 @ 250FSB (2.250Ghz) ~3500+ PR rating @ 1.5Vcore
                            Arctic Cooling 64 Freezer Heatpipe CPU cooler.
                            2GB of DDR2700 RAM, 4X 512M Corsair ValueSelect at 2-3-3-8
                            ATI X800XL AGP video card, stock speed, 256M of VRAM
                            Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 motherboard, Nforce3 chipset
                            Zalman passive heatsink on NF3 chipset, had to cut some fins off to make vidcard fit
                            Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard
                            LSI Logic U160 SCSI card
                            Fortron "Blue Storm" FSP400-60THN PSU 400W, PCIexpress ready
                            Toshiba 16X DVDROM
                            Toshiba 16X Dual layer DVD burner model SD 5372
                            Seagate 7200.8 HDD, 400GB
                            WDC Raptor 36GB
                            Fujitsu MAS3735 15000 RPM SCSI HDD, 36GB, connected via LSI U160 SCSI card
                            Floppy drive
                            2X Dell 2001FP 20.1" LCD monitors, dual head connected to ATI X800XL (3200x1200 desktop baby!!!!!)

All in a Chenming Silver 1080 series case, with case window
                            Cooled by (5) quiet 80mm cooling fans.

Comment

per: nice office! i could use one like that. i see a lian li?

gg1978 : guess there was no money left over for a camera.....cmon post a pic of the dual head goodness......i hate specs (very nice spec though!)

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
                                i see a lian li?
                                Yup, a PC65 USB, I've had it for quite a few years now...

I've modded it with a 120mm fan at the top, Papst running at 5v so virtually silent... Was a few years ago used for a radiator instead when I was into that kinda thing...

Prolly will go watercooling with my next rig because I want it to be silent but that will be close to impossible with the heat it will be producing at full load...
                                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Actually i do have a digicam.. Here's a pic of Badcaps.net spanned 3200pX wide. You can also see a faint glimmer of the turqoise LED's i i have mounted in the bottom of the case. The top has a set of blue LED's shining downward. Hope you don't mind the messy desk too much

edit:

i need to buy a PCI DVI-D video card so i can drive both LCD's via DVI. The one connected via Analog VGA renders color slightly different than the one via DVI. I think hooking the other via DVI will fix that.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by willawake; 02-27-2006, 03:23 PM. Reason: offsite pic

Comment

Clean up your desk!
                                    Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

looks great. actually your pile is more interesting than an empty desk.

that the analog gives slightly different image to the dvi is in agreement with the fact that dvi sets some parameters automatically and you cant change them. it would be possible to figure them out eventually and get almost the same picture i believe.

Comment

That's not a mess at all! Looks more like a Halo deathmatch reenactment hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
                                          That's not a mess at all! Looks more like a Halo deathmatch reenactment hehe.

Hehe, there's a lot more Halo stuff around here.. It's one of my weaknesses.. You can also see my dead CPU and chipset collection at the front edge of the desk. A lot of people collect CPU's, i also collect chipsets from dead boards, so that makes me absurdly geeky..

Edit: on a side note, the two 20" 2001FPs aren't the only LCD's i have.. Also have a 2000FP, a 173FP, a KDS 15" and a Mag 14".. Now i've got my eye on a 2405FPW, but that'll have to wait for a while..

I've got the colors matched fairly well on the pair, but it's not perfect..
                                          Last edited by gg1978; 01-28-2006, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X