Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by Saile2752 View Post
    Hi, I have same issue for a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen.
    Size of the bios was 16MB
    Laptop produced a 2 X 5 Bips sound, then nothing !
    only charging light .
    After, even if i update again the bios with patched one or the original one, nothing is produced by the laptop...
    Bios ship is W25Q128JVSQ.
    i used W25Q128JV and the CH431 for the update. i downloaded the programe in the forum and patched the bios.
    You should post your original bios .bin file here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi, I have a issue for a Thinkpad W540 after pach of my dump bios to remove password
      the laptop make a 2 X 5 Bips sound, then nothing! After a reflash again with dump bios working but askme to put password. Please I need a good pached bios. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 999alibaba View Post
        hi, i have a issue for a thinkpad w540 after pach of my dump bios to remove password
        the laptop make a 2 x 5 bips sound, then nothing! After a reflash again with dump bios working but askme to put password. Please i need a good pached bios. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new around here.

2 things.

1. I just used this tool for a supervisor password on an L480 I bought used (seller did NOT disclose this issue!). It fixed the problem just fine, worked easily and without an issue.

2. Would this script/method work on a Thinkpad T14 Gen1?

Comment

Originally posted by mattj7 View Post
            Hi everyone, I am new around here.

2 things.

1. I just used this tool for a supervisor password on an L480 I bought used (seller did NOT disclose this issue!). It fixed the problem just fine, worked easily and without an issue.

2. Would this script/method work on a Thinkpad T14 Gen1?
            Why don't you try it if you own a Thinkpad t14 Gen 1.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
              You should post your original bios .bin file here.
              Hi,
              Here is my bios file.
              Could some one test it and patch it please ?
              I have made a verify after copying the bios from my laptop Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen.
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by saile2752 View Post
                hi,
                here is my bios file.
                Could some one test it and patch it please ?
                I have made a verify after copying the bios from my laptop thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd gen.
                Thanks.
                Code:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by hoaca388; 01-18-2022, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                  Code:
                  Thank you very much.
                  I will try again friday and back to the forum to update with results.

Comment

Hi, this is my second post in the forum, and my situation is the following:

I have a Lenovo Laptop with this features...

Lenovo Thinkpad T460P (Late 2015 ) intel Gen 6th
                    Motherboard model : BT463-NM-A611-Rev -1.0

BIOS CHIP:
                    Winbond
                    25Q128FVSQ-1549

The BIOS has a supervisor password and it is locked. I tried to make a backup with the CH341A using a programmer clamp, apparently it was not done correctly and the .bin file is corrupt (The patch found errors). My question is the following, I hope you can clarify and help me... Can I download a clean/patch .BIN file without passwords for any T460p and flash the IC? Or is it that I necessarily need the original of my BIOS? I await your responses, thank you! Greetings!

NOTE: I have the complete information like UEFI BIOS version, System Unit and board serial number, UUID, MAC adress, OA3ID, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SHADYERK View Post
                      Hi, this is my second post in the forum, and my situation is the following:

I have a Lenovo Laptop with this features...

Lenovo Thinkpad T460P (Late 2015 ) intel Gen 6th
                      Motherboard model : BT463-NM-A611-Rev -1.0

BIOS CHIP:
                      Winbond
                      25Q128FVSQ-1549

The BIOS has a supervisor password and it is locked. I tried to make a backup with the CH341A using a programmer clamp, apparently it was not done correctly and the .bin file is corrupt (The patch found errors). My question is the following, I hope you can clarify and help me... Can I download a clean/patch .BIN file without passwords for any T460p and flash the IC? Or is it that I necessarily need the original of my BIOS? I await your responses, thank you! Greetings!

NOTE: I have the complete information like UEFI BIOS version, System Unit and board serial number, UUID, MAC adress, OA3ID, etc.
                      What makes you think that if you haven't read it successfully, you will program it correctly?
                      The first rule when you start playing with the bios chip is to make a good verified dump of the original bios.
                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Yes, I understand that I had some fault for not taking precautions before deleting, but I made two backups of my original BIOS, both with an identical size of 16,384 KB and at the time of making them they had no errors, the errors were given to me during the patching: "xxx. bin is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump. There was an error... Aborting."

Honestly, I thought I could put any patched BIOS on it, I think I made a rookie mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by SHADYERK View Post
                          Yes, I understand that I had some fault for not taking precautions before deleting, but I made two backups of my original BIOS, both with an identical size of 16,384 KB and at the time of making them they had no errors, the errors were given to me during the patching: "xxx. bin is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump. There was an error... Aborting."

Honestly, I thought I could put any patched BIOS on it, I think I made a rookie mistake...
                          You can, but how do you plan to complete step 8?
                          Apparently you haven't read the procedure carefully.
                          Do I understand that you have already managed to delete the original BIOS without having a good dump from it? If so, you've really made a rookie mistake.

Originally posted by Knucklegrumble View Post
                          [ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]
                          STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
                          STEP 2: Boot the machine
                          STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
                          STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                          STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                          STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                          STEP 7: Turn off machine
                          STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
                          STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default

Comment

patch me please this dump T480

Comment

Originally posted by rttre3ee View Post
                              patch me please this dump T480
                              Have you even tried the Autopatcher at post #1
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

with computrace activateed,
                                i mtrying with lenovo autopatcher 0.2 without succes(biping blackscreen)
                                thx in advance
                                Last edited by rttre3ee; 01-18-2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rttre3ee View Post
                                  with computrace activateed...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1191
                                  Last edited by Vesko356; 01-18-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

After flash this dump laptop dont bootup, only sound signal and black screen

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                      You can, but how do you plan to complete step 8?
                                      Apparently you haven't read the procedure carefully.
                                      Do I understand that you have already managed to delete the original BIOS without having a good dump from it? If so, you've really made a rookie mistake.
                                      So as you understood hehe I only have those two corrupted backups and the chip of my BIOS erased I tried to flash with a .bin (downloaded from the forum) that was for the same type of board and chip, with AsProgrammer 1.4.1, but after booting and showing the logo, it shows me : "Boot error: 0183 Bad CRC Security Settings in EFI variable" and shuts down. Then I think I'll have to get a new board, I feel bad, it was my first attempt at this BIOS, but it helps me a lot of experience. Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I have a issue for a Thinkpad L390 after patching original bios to remove password
                                        the laptop make a Bips sound, then nothing! blackscreen After a reflash with original bios it work but still password . Please I need a good patched bios. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Linux200 View Post
                                          Hi, I have a issue for a Thinkpad L390 after patching original bios to remove password
                                          the laptop make a Bips sound, then nothing! blackscreen After a reflash with original bios it work but still password . Please I need a good patched bios. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
                                          Is it possible that the Intel ME region on the original bios is defective.
                                          Lenovo boot screen starts slowly.
                                          I had the problem once too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSP...nnel=SureCanDo

Comment

Working...
                                          X