Trying Win 10 Install Preview!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying Win 10 Install Preview!

the old "nothing to hide" thing is bullshit.
    information is gathered to sell, not to convict you.

i dont want insurance company's etc knowing i even exist.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      the old "nothing to hide" thing is bullshit.
      information is gathered to sell, not to convict you.

i don't want insurance company's etc knowing i even exist.
      Then what you want to do about that!
      not have Internet , PC/phone/tv/cable/satellite/,that's your choice, but majority for sure don't want that,there is not two ways about it,either you expose yourself by taking advantage of the tech, that has its risks,or just don't use it,but these days it's not easy to live without it.

Comment

it's not as hard as you think.

first seperate what you do with what you "transmit".
        what i have on my pc's is not the same as what i put in a browser.
        and the distinction can be enforced if your not on windowze.

my fone is pay-go type wih no name against it, i only use it for talking - never for anything that would include financial or address info.

if you want to be a ghost to the terrorists, it's a lot easier than they would like you to think.

would you ask a burglar about security?
        would you trust government or industry about privacy?

Comment

Ive installed the Windows 10 64 preview on my Dell Optiplex 745 SFF
          specs: Q6600, 4GB, 320HD, Geforce 720 1GB

So far works allright, the notifications suck, for instance if it installs updates and restarts when its back in desktop it says a restart is needed to install new updates, then it says updates have been installed so notifications are slow. Ive also had problems where the audio output on the front and back jacks of the computer just quit, it could recognize speakers being plugged in back and front but refused to play sound also when using the netflix metro app when the computer goes to sleep after playing movies upon restart the netflix app always seems to crash half the time.

TLDR so far despite the problems it looks like a step up from 8 and I do like it, but still a step down from 7, Vista or XP.
          My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Hi guys Today my Installation of Win 10 preview sudden went mad,on my HP DV-5 the one that i had Win Vista and i installed Win 7 from an ISO to upgrade to Win 10 preview, i have virus all over the place,i received messages from MS that there is virus and malware and i should call MS and gave me a Phone # to call, i did not want to deal with it and i rolled back to win 7 and still same thing,so i just made a clean install of the original and legal key Vista sp2 and made updates and now everything is perfect,on my other Laptop DV-6 with win 7 legal key that i upraded to Win 10 Preview it's working great still.I don't know if MS created this malfunction or not, maybe the detected that i went from Win Vista all the way to Win 10 preview and i was not allowed! who knows?
            Last edited by ivtec; 02-13-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
              Hi guys Today my Installation of Win 10 preview sudden went mad,on my HP DV-5 the one that i had Win Vista and i installed Win 7 from an ISO to upgrade to Win 10 preview, i have virus all over the place,i received messages from MS that there is virus and malware and i should call MS and gave me a Phone # to call, i did not want to deal with it and i rolled back to win 7 and still same thing,so i just made a clean install of the original and legal key Vista sp2 and made updates and now everything is perfect,on my other Laptop DV-6 with win 7 legal key that i upraded to Win 10 Preview it's working great still.I don't know if MS created this malfunction or not, maybe the detected that i went from Win Vista all the way to Win 10 preview and i was not allowed! who knows?
              ...the one that i had Win vista and i installed Win 7 from an ISO...
              Where did you get the Windows 7 iso from?
              If you have downloaded these iso files from sources other than Microsofts digital river contents, THEY COULD BE INFECTED. You should hash check these iso files against genuine hashes.

Comment

I don't care about the source quality, as long Win 7 works good without problems .
                This says it all. SOURCE QUALITY IS IMPORTANT.

Comment

Then what you want to do about that!
                  not have Internet , PC/phone/tv/cable/satellite/,that's your choice, but majority for sure don't want that,there is not two ways about it,either you expose yourself by taking advantage of the tech, that has its risks,or just don't use it,but these days it's not easy to live without it.
                  Are you behind a firewalled router?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
                    ...the one that i had Win vista and i installed Win 7 from an ISO...
                    Where did you get the Windows 7 iso from?
                    If you have downloaded these iso files from sources other than Microsofts digital river contents, THEY COULD BE INFECTED. You should hash check these iso files against genuine hashes.
                    It's the same Iso Win 7 that i have in the other HP Dv-6,that is running win 10 preview without any issues,i've got all my Isos Here Win 7 and Win Vista.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/opera...32-bit-64-bit/

what i think that happened! for a little bit of time i entered in this sports site "Firstrowsports" with ad-block plus disabled,i don't know how it was deactivated, and from then on it was the chaos,i don't know why there was a notice from windows Microsoft,telling me the PC has been infected and i had to call MS to get advice on how to repair. i just did not want to deal with it and formatted the drive and installed Win Vista, the first install of win vista i've also run in virus and malware again, when i tried to install Google Chrome, with Google chrome some register cleaner software, and browsers,games,and all sorts of crap, that i was not able to uninstall,so i had to re-install Vista again, and i'm ok now.What i pain in the Butt,in Linux i don't deal with this crap

Comment

Are you behind a firewalled router?
                      My main router is an AAris TG862 Xfinty, and have another router connected to it, so my older Hardware and software can run wireless,my XP and Vista won't connect to TG862 Wireless ,only to My other Router with DD-WRT software.
                      My PC DV -6 with Win 7 or win 10 Preview Connects to TG862 Xfinity Router Though.
                      Last edited by ivtec; 02-13-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

It's the same Iso Win 7 that i have in the other HP Dv-6,that is running win 10 preview without any issues,i've got all my Isos Here Win 7 and Win Vista.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/opera...32-bit-64-bit/

what i think that happened! for a little bit of time i entered in this sports site "Firstrowsports" with ad-block plus disabled,i don't know how it was deactivated, and from then on it was the chaos,i don't know why there was a notice from windows Microsoft,telling me the PC has been infected and i had to call MS to get advice on how to repair. i just did not want to deal with it and formatted the drive and installed Win Vista, the first install of win vista i've also run in virus and malware again, when i tried to install Google Chrome, with Google chrome some register cleaner software, and browsers,games,and all sorts of crap, that i was not able to uninstall,so i had to re-install Vista again, and i'm ok now.What i pain in the Butt,in Linux i don't deal with this crap
                        The website getintopc is not to be trusted IMO. The iso hashes do not match the genuine ones. The owner of the site claims they are untouched iso but that is a lie.
                        Also I would stay away from that sports streaming site. If you continue to go there you put your computer at risk of getting other nasties installed. Google the site and see for yourself about malware on it. Also the website is illegal to begin with, google it.

Comment

An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Comment

Agreed, much better to prevent than trying to cure it, BTW Windows 10 build 9926 with all available updates is just as stable as Windows 7 IMO at basic operations, though RAM consumption is higher (1.4GB idle compared to 0.9GB before with Windows 7 fully patched with Microsoft Security Essentials (pretty crappy AV but better than nothing and I know what I'm doing on the net so no problems there). About performance, Windows 10 boots a little bit faster (2-3 sec faster), but 8GB of RAM without page file is plenty for YouTube, web browsing, uTorrent. So far I'm impressed what Microsoft has done and it's definately good enough for basic stuff (good enough for me), not tried gaming and I don't play any games so, you will be the judge.

Comment

An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
                              You right but i like to watch my favorite sports on this site, couldn't leave without it,and risks are worth taking.

As i type this words now; i'm back on Win 10 Preview on this HP DV-5 laptop again and doing the same install process,formatting HDD with Vista,installing from same Win7 ISO that is on previous threads link,and upgraded to Win 10 Preview, i'm really stubborn, don't give up,and i'm up and running great again,
                              besides i trust Google Chrome and Ad-block plus add element,
                              the mess with the Malware and virus was my fault cause i did disable ad-block plus by mistake on 'firstrowsports'.

Comment

For malware to infect your PC through a webpage something had to be insecure. Either an unpatched OS, browser or web plug in such as Flash.
                                I hope this time you have downloaded Windows 7 from a verifiable source.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                  For malware to infect your PC through a webpage something had to be insecure. Either an unpatched OS, browser or web plug in such as Flash.
                                  I hope this time you have downloaded Windows 7 from a verifiable source.
                                  This Win 7 Iso is the same i have in my other HP DV-6 that never had Issues so far.

Comment

This Win 7 Iso is the same i have in my other HP DV-6 that never had Issues so far.
                                    But, just because you never saw anything doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong with it....if it's not an official ISO from DigitalRiver with a matching checksum from Microsoft I wouldn't trust it not to contain malware or have something else wrong with it.
                                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                    -David VanHorn

Comment

And how would you know ? i'm not talking about pop ups, but all the other things miscreants like to use your PC for.
                                      Why not do it right ? Get a proper version of Windows 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                                        But, just because you never saw anything doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong with it....if it's not an official ISO from DigitalRiver with a matching checksum from Microsoft I wouldn't trust it not to contain malware or have something else wrong with it.

thanks diff; next time i have a problem i try that;
                                        also can you please tell me what this means?

WinHlp32?

HH?

Comment

thanks diff; next time i have a problem i try that;
                                          also can you please tell me what this means?

WinHlp32?

HH?
                                          winhlp32 is the windows help file renderer, a useless component as windows help is also very useless.....
                                          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X