Old 06-17-2019, 12:41 AM   #11
ca2014mp2

City & State: San Jose, Ca
My Country: usa
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: samsung un60j620dafxza backlight led smd diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
Where are your pictures? Without pictures, all WE are doing is "dumbly guessing". How did you get the voltages? I would suspect that the LEDs are around 3V devices. If they are being driven to 4.3V, that explains why you have so many failures. Is the large pad the CATHODE or ANODE? What is the size of the device?

It is incorrect to assume that Samsung only uses one kind of diode or another. Each set has to be evaluated as to the "flavor of the day" LED wise. Mostly, they used 3V one watt devices. Unless you plan on redesigning the strip PCB, you'll have to stick with what they originally used.
@SLK001 -Yeah, I don't share your concern on what a picture will do but I took some anyway. I trust the picture of the diode will give you more information as to what it is. You know they don't have any numbers on them, as these don't either. As for "flavor of the day", I would also have to disagree as temperature size and ratings all play into it. As I will assume that you mean any led that is sourced from procurement, that I would agree with but they need to follow specifications and it's those specs that I'm looking for. Lastly, umm no I don't plan on redesigning the strip pcb.. umm yeah that idea is not helpful. You see I'm just trying to get an idea of the right LED to get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3191.JPG (208.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3190.jpg (299.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3189.jpg (646.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3186.jpg (525.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by ca2014mp2; 06-17-2019 at 12:42 AM..
ca2014mp2 is offline   Reply With Quote