RCUnlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

I will try now. Do I need to remove RTC battery before I enter to BIOS? I am asking, because, it's quite complicated to remove CMOS battery, it is on the other side of the mainboard.

Comment

Originally posted by bonuspapi View Post
      I will try now. Do I need to remove RTC battery before I enter to BIOS? I am asking, because, it's quite complicated to remove CMOS battery, it is on the other side of the mainboard.
      it's better to take it out..
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi guys,

so I have Zbook 14 G4 where BIOS was locked. It was working fine but now when I find this thread I thought I will remove the pwd. I found two chips at the motherboard, both Winbond. One with only 1MB of data and second one with 16MB of data. Dumped this one using CH341 programmer, dropped to RCUnlocker and it generated unlocked.bin.

Now, when I flash either the unlocked or even original to the chip, the computer will not turn on, only fans kick in to max and lights with backlight is on.

Any idea how this can be fixed? Thanks!
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deb0ro View Post
          Hi guys,

so I have Zbook 14 G4 where BIOS was locked. It was working fine but now when I find this thread I thought I will remove the pwd. I found two chips at the motherboard, both Winbond. One with only 1MB of data and second one with 16MB of data. Dumped this one using CH341 programmer, dropped to RCUnlocker and it generated unlocked.bin.

Now, when I flash either the unlocked or even original to the chip, the computer will not turn on, only fans kick in to max and lights with backlight is on.

Any idea how this can be fixed? Thanks!
          Flash this file, it's not an unlock file, just to check if the problem is the bios or you messed something more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks for quick reply! When I try to flash file you provided the programmer will flash it but then when I want to run verify it will throw this error: Verification error on address: 0x00000091, Device: 0x0B, Buffer: 0xFF

EDIT: I also noticed that when I want to do Erase, its done in like 30 seconds. From what I rememeber when I was doing it for some older computers, it almost took the same amount of time as flashing...or is my memory serving me wrongly?
            Last edited by deb0ro; 01-13-2023, 10:32 AM.

Comment

HEY! Computer is back up running! It seems my USB extender cable was the issue. With programmer directly connected to the computer, verify went fine and computer booted up.

EDIT: Thanks hoaca388, computer is now fully working thanks to your bios file, updated to latest version and password is gone as well
              Last edited by deb0ro; 01-13-2023, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Is it working in windows 11?

Comment

Originally posted by deb0ro View Post
                  HEY! Computer is back up running! It seems my USB extender cable was the issue. With programmer directly connected to the computer, verify went fine and computer booted up.

EDIT: Thanks hoaca388, computer is now fully working thanks to your bios file, updated to latest version and password is gone as well
                  Unexpectedly, the patched file generated by RC unlocker is exactly the same as the original file . So to unlock this model do not need to use RC unlocker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

So how to unlock this model

Comment

how to unlock 32MB bios plzz help ??????

Comment

Originally posted by chandrakant View Post
                        how to unlock 32MB bios plzz help ??????
                        from which laptop model?? maybe the password is not there... post the original bios of the laptop here..
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

hi. please help me with my hp elitebook x360 1030 g4. this is my 16mb data. please help

Comment

Originally posted by anitarondelle2@gmail.com View Post
                            hi. please help me with my hp elitebook x360 1030 g4. this is my 16mb data. please help
                            Here's your Unlocked file.
                            Next time you can use the RCUnlocker tool in post #1.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                            all donations are welcome,
                            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                            >>>>>
                            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                              Here's your Unlocked file.
                              Next time you can use the RCUnlocker tool in post #1.
                              thank very very much. it work .thank you again

Comment

Very n00bish on all this, in process of trying to get an HP Chromebook 14 G5 going for my roomate, that he plans on letting his almost 2 yearold daughter use for Netflix/YouTube and learning/children games/apps. I advised one of his many tablets would likely be more gooder but his little girl sees me on my laptop and loves and prefers them to a tablet or phone, which is purty inspiring and hopeful, imo. So if anyone would be gracious 'nuff to explain the process of how to and what to do to a Enterprise Enrolled Dev Mode blocked HP 14 G5 ApolloLake Snappy book where a newb (newb as far as chromebooks/bios/firmware stuffs, but familiar-ish with it, at least more so than average) can follow and accomplish; that would be the much preferred method and immensely appreciated. or the less proffered but as much appreciated of pointing to the path or direction to go. Thanks much and sorry if posted wrong.

Comment

Im trying to unlock a WSON-8 W25Q256JVEQ from a HP Probook 830 G5 RCunlocker states wrong chip try reading and unlocking 16MB chip. Could you advise if there is another locker i will need to use to unlock this chip?

Comment

iMamba, you probably need an SPI programmer (or raspberry with flashrom), 1V8 SPI adapter, WSON8 socket and hot air station or SOIC-8 clip. And ofcourse RCUnlocker software.

Atleast that's whats needed for chromebooki usually.

ativo, you need to find the correct chip. It's EC (128Mb one) which you need to modify on HPs with 256Mb main bios.

Comment

I can recommend the TL866 II for everyone, or even the older version is still supported, just no longer available for purchase brand new. It may not have the broadest compatibility, but in my experience, it is the absolute fastest programmer on the market, and it never gives false positives or negatives on write errors, dirty sockets or dud chips. It is a proper, professional EEPROM/FLASH programmer available for purchase directly from the manufacturer and actively supported by them, and honestly, the base model is way too cheap for what it offers. You can buy the adapters along the way, when you need them.

I've never shilled in my life and you can't see a single referral link in my posts, but just like the BGA supplier I favor, I have tried many and stopped here. It gets the job done, no frills, no extra bells and whistles.

If you only need something for a few uses, REALLY cheap (read: FREE, junk bin parts) and have an old PC with a real, physical LPT port lying around (no, USB -> LPT won't work, I have tried, believe me, and there are plenty of i series boards with LPTs on them), try the SPIPGM: http://rayer.g6.cz/programm/programe.htm

I have made absolute BANK with this sucker on a custom PCB of my own design, no external PS, wires to PC PSU or batteries needed, all power from spare pins of LPT port with TL431 for overvoltage protection which actually was needed for smaller, low capacity chips. Both at home and in the shop.

I used it for over 7 years (the circuit. 3 full PCBs, 2 LPT connectors and more than 25 8pin sockets, regulators and misc SMD parts were revisioned, upgraded, burned and replaced during this time) and only gave it up once SPI chips over 64Mbytes (8MB) became the norm and it just took too long to write a 16Mb or 32Mb over the poor old LPT port, if the chips were iffy or dumps were of questionable origin and multiple rewrites were needed until the board fired up and worked correctly. It's even had auto detection since forever - no such things like having to select your already ubiquitous and standard SPI ROM from a list.

Even the TL866 or RT809H don't have this level of auto detection to this day - poor old little LPT SPIPGM has had it for 10 years. About the only downside I can think of is no GUI - but if a little command line scares you, you shouldn't be in this business. It's all of THREE commands which will get remembered by autocomplete in 1 day - and a fourth where you have to type in some scary decimals IF the autodetect fails, to tell the thing how much flash there is to read or write. 99.8% of the time, that fourth command doesn't need to be used. That's all.
                                      Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 01-27-2023, 02:48 PM.
                                      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

hi guys i tray the tool on hp probook 450 G7 it gave me the unlock bios file but when i verify it with chip it says error
                                        thsnk you
                                        have bless day

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                          Dump 16MB chip only, and use RCU. There's no need to play with the 32MB chip. This was already mentioned several times!
                                          hello can you tell me how i can do this. thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X