Dim Clock LCD on Jenn-Air wall oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dim Clock LCD on Jenn-Air wall oven

Here is a photo of my display board. Model# JJW9530DDS. Which caps do I replace?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pbrabner View Post
      Here is a photo of my display board. Model# JJW9530DDS. Which caps do I replace?
      All.
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I got the all part. What did the other comment mean?

Comment

both of these. if not the display itself could be bad.
          Attached Files
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Now when I push Bake I am getting a message that says "Feature Not Available" I looked that up and it says that there is a fault that is keeping the cantroller from working. Any suggestions?

Comment

Now when I push Bake I am getting a message that says "Feature Not Available" I looked that up and it says that there is a fault that is keeping the cantroller from working. Any suggestions?
              let me lookup thee reset procedure for the model.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Press and hold the BACK and ENTER pads simultaneously for five seconds.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

All that did was lock and unlock the door. When the "feature not available" message shows up there are two timers and timer #2 shows "1c2c" when the above message shows up.

Comment

Also I when I had the panel off I touched the top end of two of the caps and they shocked me. That is not normal is it?

Comment

Also I when I had the panel off I touched the top end of two of the caps and they shocked me. That is not normal is it?
                      IIRC they are not isolated, so yes.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

All that did was lock and unlock the door. When the "feature not available" message shows up there are two timers and timer #2 shows "1c2c" when the above message shows up.
                        1c2c is a touchpad error... Strange. Can I get a pic of the front and back of the touchpad.
                        Last edited by goontron; 12-17-2014, 10:22 AM.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

My board just went out for the fourth time and the last board I put in has the resistor in series with the C3. I have three replaced bad boards plus a bad board in the stove and I ordered parts to cover all four boards. No one has mentioned a desolder pump so I guess I won't need one. I am repairing a 71003424 board.

Comment

I ordered the parts for all the boards and now have the stove display is back. Two bad caps on the one board and resistors were used on two of the c3 slots for the other boards. I was surprised to see this but at least I will have a spare when the present board fails again.

Comment

All I can say is Thanks bluto and the members on this forum! I became a member just because of this topic. My Jenn-Aire oven's display over the last few weeks began dimming. I found this thread through a Google search. Read through it with great interest. This was my exact issue! I ordered the recommended parts from Digi-Key. After taking the oven face off. I replaced all the caps on the board. I have never replaced caps, ever. I was pretty confident after reading this post and watching several youtube videos about the subject. After putting my oven back together and turning the power back on to it. The display worked like brand new. The cost was under $10 and the time was one morning. Thank you for everything here!

Comment

Thanks .... just repaired my Jenn-Air SVE47600WC using the info in this forum. I had plenty of experience with soldering components so it was a breeze. My solder sucker makes removal simple. Those without experience should keep in mind not to use too much heat as it will damage the traces on the board.

Comment

Jenn-Air JDS9865BDP Range
                                  Display became very dim about one week ago. It's very dim as you must have lights out or hand over display to tell it even works. Reading forums I learned that C3 capacitor is likely the cause but my model is newer different. I planned to replace the capacitor anyway but was unable to find a 57u rated 250V locally. I went to a TV repair store to see if they stocked them and they put a quick tester on them (while still on circuit board) and they said “that's not the problem”…. I had him put the same tester on C3, C6 and C7 which all tested good for what that's worth. So now I don't know if it's a waste of time to still replace them or if this is a different problem. Advice?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Remidetroit View Post
                                    Jenn-Air JDS9865BDP Range
                                    Display became very dim about one week ago. It's very dim as you must have lights out or hand over display to tell it even works. Reading forums I learned that C3 capacitor is likely the cause but my model is newer different. I planned to replace the capacitor anyway but was unable to find a 57u rated 250V locally. I went to a TV repair store to see if they stocked them and they put a quick tester on them (while still on circuit board) and they said “that's not the problem”…. I had him put the same tester on C3, C6 and C7 which all tested good for what that's worth. So now I don't know if it's a waste of time to still replace them or if this is a different problem. Advice?
                                    did they test them with the board physically hot? if not, replace them. it could show up when the board warms.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Check the capacitor on pins 2 and 3 of ST7.

Comment

If the board is anywhere near heat, just replace all the caps. If they arent cooked yet, they will be soon. Caps are cheap.

I did this for my oven this year. Oven was only a few years old too.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks to Bluto and this site! Just successfully replaced the bad capacitor for my dimmed out oven clock. I have never soldered anything in my life or, sorry to say, even knew what a capacitor was but dammed if I was going to buy a new board without trying. Read the post, watched the video, bought all the equipment and voila!
                                          Aint the internet great....

Comment

Working...
                                          X