Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXC3188-FG31 Touch Controller Eegalaxy

Hello,

i have a question. I have a fault by a device were the touch controller is faulty.

So i orderd the Controller EXC3188-FG31 and mounted it on the PCB and the device is starting (without the contoller it does not start) but the positioning of the fingerprint is not correct on some points i have the correct position but und the downside of the touch i get no reaction.

i think the contoller is well mounted on pcb and dont have any contac error, but i had the same issue on 2 devices.

Note : there is no possibility to make a touch screen calibrating, my infomartion is that a calibration is not needed by this models.

Is it possible that EXC3188-FG31 are also in different types...

I uploaded a picture of the original IC and of the spare part wich i orderd....

Can somebody tell me on the second pic (yellow marked codes) are also important or not?
    Attached Files

Re: EXC3188-FG31 Touch Controller Eegalaxy

The replacement part looks like its printed rather than etched,it could be a fake
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

you always need to calibrate touchscreens.
      on large screens you may have an eeprom on the cable itself,
      but usually it's in the software - your problem is going to be finding out if the calibration software is hidden inside the unit or external.

also - clean all the flux off - specially under the chip between the balls.

Comment

Hello,

thanks for reply.

the flux issue can be right, i will check this tommorow

Its a 18,5" Screen (widescreen) mounted to the controller.

I had some cases with the old version of that controller type EX5440-CG11
        (not balled IC,same devices) but by this type also it was not need to recalibrate the touch.

Note: i orderd the EXC3188-FG31 by same supplier were i also bought the EX5440-CG11 and they was perfectly working.

But the flux theory is a really possible thing, i will try tommorow and repost result

Comment

Hello,
          i have some updates in this case:

I got a mail from the service of eeti and they told me :

EXC3188 is a PCAP (Projective Capacitive) touch control IC, it can only works properly with corresponding firmware.
          For different project, it needs individual firmware, not be able to mix between projects, also there is NO common firmware for PCAP touch IC.
          So, unless you have the original corresponding firmware with the device you are trying to fix, or it will not work correctly anyway.We are not be able to help you on this, you need to contact to the original supplier of those devices.

The firmware is written into the IC. The datasheet can only to be provided with valid NDA.

So i asked them for reflash/write the EXC3188-FG31 with the original file readed/downloaded from a working device.

I am not sure if the IC can be re-flashed with the way you mentioned, or it will cause any damage.Normally our customers can only use software tool which was attached within the firmware package after the IC connects to the Host.

My question now is:
          Is it possible to download/ read out the data from a working device and wich software and cable i need for this?

I uploaded the picture of the connector board wich is wired by usb to the pcb of the device. On that board i can see some connection points wich can be usefull but i never programmed a IC like this before.

I programmed EMMC and ..... but i dont have any idea how i can read out this ic and write back......

Thanks for help
          Attached Files

Comment

Instructions
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

thanks for reply.

But this User manual is for directly connect the controller board to the PC via usb?? right ?? afterwardsu can calibrate it by that sofwarte in user manual ??right ?. But on the devices i dont have a windows installed, it works by andorid and the parameters are saved in the IC as eeti told me.

is there no method to read the chip and flash/copy it ?

Comment

Look here
                https://www.eeti.com/documentation.html

Comment

Working...
                X