Help please HP Zbook 15 G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please HP Zbook 15 G3

I was trying to remove a bios password, I removed these chips and read the data from them and unlocked them via the awesome tool on the forum but upon soldering them back now my darn laptop wont switch on and the power button flashes and also the charging port is illuminated

I likely messed something up, am using a tl866 programmer, also could anyone be so kind as to show an image of bios chip orentation for this model incase I made a booboo

Kind Regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Re: Help please HP Zbook 15 G3

Originally posted by paulyboy View Post
    I was trying to remove a bios password, I removed these chips and read the data from them and unlocked them via the awesome tool on the forum but upon soldering them back now my darn laptop wont switch on and the power button flashes and also the charging port is illuminated

I likely messed something up, am using a tl866 programmer, also could anyone be so kind as to show an image of bios chip orentation for this model incase I made a booboo

Kind Regards

Paul
    use the program only for the 16MB bios ... the other two remain the same ..
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-02-2021, 02:50 AM.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Appreciate that, I've also tried that to no avail, is it possible my reads were bad.

Would it be ok to flash a bios from the net as I have possibly contaminated the bios.

Thanks for your time peste

Comment

Is there perhaps a repository for the 3 bios,

Comment

Is there perhaps a repository for the 3 bios,
          Sometimes the unlocker tool doesn`t work.Are the bios at post #1 the original backups.Post a picture of the bios chips on the board
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Sometimes the unlocker tool doesn`t work.Are the bios at post #1 the original backups.Post a picture of the bios chips on the board
            hi SMD yes there the original from the device 😊 will add pictures shortly

Comment

Here's the pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Check UT2 ,the 1st picture, pin 4 of the chip is GND.Test the pins with a multimeter. Looks like its the wrong way around
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Orientation was correct , I checks ground with multimeter and was algood. Currently got a power light and charging port light. I think my reads maybe bad can anyone please help. Thanks

Comment

No start/image was fine leading up to desoldering and reading of bios. Also very well soldered back

Comment

Working...
                      X