View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #16
PlainBill
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Phoenix, AZ
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist
Default Re: Philips LCD TV with Sound, No Picture (model 42PFL5322/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagie View Post
Thanks again for your help, retiredcaps.

I might save you some searching by telling you the service manual which is widely available on the Internet for this chassis (LC7.1E LA) has absolutely no information about neither the CCFLs, nor the PSU or the inverter boards, so there is no specification for spare CCFLs, etc. It appears to me as if Philips has no interest in having these parts being serviced.
It's not a matter of interest, it's a matter of ability. The following applies to both LCD and plasma, (and to a certain extent, even DLP) TVs.

There are only a few companies making flat panels. When Philips wants to build an LCD TV, they purchase LCD assemblies from one of the LCD panel manufacturers. The LCD assembly consists of the LCD panel, the inverter(s), the CCFLs, and the tcon. The power supply may be a similar situation - they purchase them from a manufacturer. In the case of a plasma panel, the panel, sustains, buffers, main control card, and often the power supply are sold as a unit.

Philips is quite good about providing schematics where possible, but if the subassembly is built by another firm, they are usually unable to provide schematics.

PlainBill

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
PlainBill is offline   Reply With Quote