View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 05:24 AM   #3
serious_electron

City & State: Vancouver, British Columbia
My Country: Canada
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Strange!! HP Pavillion G6 2000, first BIOS crash, then motherboard dead ??

Hello ..

Thanks so much for your prompt response. So does it means that due to corrupted BIOS chip, the motherboard can be COMPLETELY DEAD (even the DC power charging socket light won't turn on when the charging cable is plugged in)?

If thats the case, (as my computer seems to be hacked in last couple of years, and if there is a Virus that is corrupting the BIOS every time :

So in your opinion, can these two possible solutions be helpful :

1. Take out the BIOS chip from the motherboard and try to reprogram/flash it through EEPROM BIOS LCD Writer 25 SPI Flash (as sold on Ali express)

2. Replace the BIOS chip with a new one (in this case, I am not even sure where the BIOS chip is located on the motherboard, and not able to find the correct model no. in the schematics). Also, I am not sure if I will be able to find the original .bin file (as it might have been corrupted by the virus). And I have not taken backup of the original BIOS bin file.

3. Replace the entire motherboard alltogether. If that's done, then will I be able to boot back into the stock Windows 8 (factory installed) as I have not made any recovery discs.

Thanks.
serious_electron is offline   Reply With Quote