SDJ01RM vacuum robot not powers on, all dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDJ01RM vacuum robot not powers on, all dead

Hi friends, I have this vacuum robot at home that is not starting any more, no leds working, power button doing nothing, battery reading seems ok arround 14.4v, I suspect that mainboard is faulty, seems that there is not any clear brand model on it, and of course could not find any schematic. The trand of the vacuum is the Roidmi SDJ01RM, on some sites appears as vacuum mop Eve plus 60 or similar

If any one could point for where to start... would appreciate, new board is quite expensive arround 100 USD or more

Many thanks and Merry Christmas to all
    Attached Files

Re: SDJ01RM vacuum robot not powers on, all dead

yours or a customers?
    if your very lucky the fault will be a sensor or switch.
    that board looks like a nightmare to work on - sprayed with plastic coating on black fiberglass.

best solution is this frankly!
    https://numatic.com/products/cleanca...l-dry-vacuums/

Comment

check fuses if switches work

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        yours or a customers?
        if your very lucky the fault will be a sensor or switch.
        that board looks like a nightmare to work on - sprayed with plastic coating on black fiberglass.

best solution is this frankly!
        https://numatic.com/products/cleanca...l-dry-vacuums/
        It's mine, personal use, yeah, the coating don't let guess much about... but is somewhat expensive to let it die, sheaves of dust are rioting around now...

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
          check fuses if switches work
          Thanks, will try to check for that

Comment

There are 3 fuses on the board, all of them seem OK, continuity to ground pins on both sides

I tried to check the main switch, but couldn't figure how to check this ones, there are 12 pins wired, tested several combinations but not found any on/off activity.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well working again these days with some free time, accidentally checked that the power button is ok, if pressed, with a new battery connected (just to discard that) there was a part of a board getting hot, I have some sensibility damage on my hands, and the temperature takes some time to me to be detected, but seems that one chip with a 6118A heats when the power on button is pressed.

Is a voltage regulator, should it be on short? or something is in short making it being hot? Will try to make come reads on it.

Any help would be appreciated as always
              Attached Files

Comment

These are LDO Regulators at 3.3V Check the resistance at the output, if it is low, then look for what could be shorting on this bus.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by lotas; 02-09-2023, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Hmm… continuity on both sides of the fuses to GND? I guess you got a short somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                    These are LDO Regulators at 3.3V Check the resistance at the output, if it is low, then look for what could be shorting on this bus.
                    There is a short to ground at the input Vin pin (center one) how the hell warms up then?it's earthed on 2 pins of three.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                      Hmm… continuity on both sides of the fuses to GND? I guess you got a short somewhere.
                      Was strange for me too, maybe on the input side from the battery, hard for me without any scheme of the board

Comment

remove the regulator and then check the resistance of the input and output pads on the pcb to ground.
                        do it in both directions incase there is a diode involved

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                          remove the regulator and then check the resistance of the input and output pads on the pcb to ground.
                          do it in both directions incase there is a diode involved
                          Just done;

Between
                          P1 GND to GND - 0,3 Ohms
                          P2 VIN to GND - 1,3 Ohms
                          P3 Vout to GND- variable stopted at 30,70K
                          Inverse:
                          P1 GND to GND - 0,3 Ohms
                          P2 VIN to GND - 1,3 Ohms
                          P3 Vout to GND- variable stopted at 46,00K

Comment

Before removing the regulator, just tested voltages at that pin regulator pin 2, somewhat confused, but with the battery plugged, on the Vin there where 14,4v (same as battery +) GND was OK, no heat, until power pressed, the heat appears again. Could be a good idea inject 3v on the Vout line?
                            Last edited by ex250; 02-10-2023, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Well, 3,3v injected at the VOut pin and nothing seems to be heated, the power supply also not revealed any amp of consumption, I have supposed that 3,3v is the maximum for the /33 on the regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by ex250 View Post
                                Well, 3,3v injected at the VOut pin and nothing seems to be heated, the power supply also not revealed any amp of consumption, I have supposed that 3,3v is the maximum for the /33 on the regulator.
                                I'm stupid, injected on the Vin side, make a mistake reading and the Vout is the pin 2 of the regulator.

Tested the regulator alone for proper working and it's ok, 14v in 3,28 out.

Injected with caution from 1v on the out pin, and this time, correctly, and the U9 chip heats up quickly evaporating alcohol, it's named 12608D, I don't know it's function, maybe try a new one in place? it's a gyroscope?

Any ideas?
                                Last edited by ex250; 02-11-2023, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Rather, it is not 12608D, but I2608D aka (INVENSENSE ICM-20608D LGA-16 ACCELEROMETER + GYRO MULTI SENSOR I2608D)

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003083972521.html
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                    Rather, it is not 12608D, but I2608D aka (INVENSENSE ICM-20608D LGA-16 ACCELEROMETER + GYRO MULTI SENSOR I2608D)

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003083972521.html
                                    Many thanks mate, the scheme found was just that one, it's likely that the short come from that one?

Seem that the pins 1,9,10,11,12,13,15 and 16 are shorted all together...

Comment

Well, one step more, just removed the IC and the shorts are still present, some smd caps near the IC, C117, C126 ans C128 seems that are shorted, will remove this ones to get some readings

Comment

Just removed the caps C117, C126 and C128 and they are not shorted, the short is still on the board, any idea about how to trace it?

For future reference: C117: 1,14uF (1uf)
                                        C126 and 128: 110nF (0,1uf)
                                        Last edited by ex250; 02-12-2023, 03:46 AM. Reason: adding caps value

Comment

Working...
                                        X