Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Software Achi LY by PSOFT

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
    I do not know if there is software that can help you, if you have the time and know a programming language like the C on the altec site in the download section there is a document about AL808 that has the same communication protocol.
    AL808 communication protocol
    http://www.altec.cc/english/downloads.htm

AL808 communication test software
    http://www.altec.cc/DownloadFile/AL808TEST.rar
    Hello,
    I already have the manual and the software. But the software is only available in Chinese. That's my problem. And without software, I can not control my kiln

Comment

like this ?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Home...s-fusing-kiln/

Comment

Funny, I just did a small c program yesterday to access the Altec PC410 with *nix os. I will publish it in the coming days on Github. Had one in my BGA rework station but bought another for a ceramic kiln.

It's a basic application to communicate with the controller so you will need to wrap it in a scrip or other if you want a full control software. My goal was to be able to record/plot the heating curves and view them in HTML..

Will post the github project when on-line.

Cheers!
        J.

Comment

Still needs a LOT of polishing but, here's the repository :
          https://github.com/curve514/sendaltec

Comment

Usually in many bga rework machine (chinese brand) the top heater is
            drived by altec p410 and bottom heater by rex-c100 (on the internet many altec or rex are clones) but
            while the upper heater is operated by the altec that follows the set profiles, the temperature of the lower heater gradually changes from min to max, regardless of the temperature on the motherboard.
            Instead, this software drive the bottom heater to generate a temperature on the bottom layer of motherboard proportionally to a temperature on top layer.
            The circuits of the controllers are separated, each one has a digital relay and an input for the thermocouple, but only the altec has a rs232 port and therefore a software can only drive the top heater.
            With an easy modification you can solve this problem and use the psoft program. To avoid errors in temperature it is important that the two temocouples are positioned on the same point, or very close; one on top and the other on the bottom layer
            Hi! I want to know which modifications are needed. I have an achi ir pro sc v3

Comment

Hello all. first time poster. I downloaded the Psoft software. I am on windows 10 and can't seem to figure out where to put the language file so the application will translate to English. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
              Last edited by STR13; 10-11-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STR13 View Post
                Hello all. first time poster. I downloaded the Psoft software. I am on windows 10 and can't seem to figure out where to put the language file so the application will translate to English. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
                see the pic
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by laoveja View Post
                  Hi! I want to know which modifications are needed. I have an achi ir pro sc v3
                  See the pic, on pin 9 and 10 ( not remove the thermocouple cables), connect these outputs to pins 16-17 of the altec

from rex disconect negative on ssr out (pin 5) and connect to pin 7 (out 2) on altec, connect pin 6 from altec (out 2) to negative pin on ssr
                  Attached Files

Comment

see the pic
                    Thank you so much for your fast reply!

I seem to have run into another issue. When I try and open a COM port to my ACHI IR6500 via a USB to USB cable to a windows 10 laptop, I get an error message that say "port COM1 does not exist" When I plug the IR6500 into the laptop it does seem recognize it. If I could get some help on resolving this issue I'd greatly appreciate it. This is my first rework station and I'm just trying to get it up and running. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Have you inserti the correct parameter i(com1, baud rate. Etc) ? If you use a com adapter fine it in device manager -> preperty ...... and change the parameters

Comment

I was able to get the software to work with my Achi IR6500. I don't know if this is the correct post for this thread and do apologize if it isn't, I've run into another slight problem. The Altec PC410 controller displays probe temperature as a negative integer. Meaning it starts out at 20/21 C (room temperature) and as the temperature gets hotter, the displayed value decreases, eventually reading a negative number (-20). I've been googling trying to find a solution. If anyone here knows anything or can point me in the correct direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Check if thermocouple cable are insert correctly (+ +, - -)

Comment

Hi sorry to ask with the modification will psoft control the bottom heater aswell? And also the power heating power for both heaters?.
                            Thanks

Comment

i have the same problem whit the software i have ir6500

Comment

Originally posted by jacobfernando View Post
                                Hi sorry to ask with the modification will psoft control the bottom heater aswell? And also the power heating power for both heaters?.
                                Thanks
                                Psoft can control bottom heather Only if you set auto+x
                                otherwise the bottom temp is controlled by Rex controller and you can only set the percentage of bottom power respect the temperature reached in a certain moment.
                                You can start setting auto+x = 10

Comment

Originally posted by RavoLx View Post
                                  i have the same problem whit the software i have ir6500

if your soldering machine works with the original software, there is no reason why it does not work with psoft, check the connections and the settings of the com port in device manager.

Comment

yeah all setting is ok ACHI IR SOFT work fine but the PSoft Rework keep give me COM CLOSE

any idea

Comment

i have change the data bit to 7 and it work, just a quick question it normal that the Com Open keep flashing

Comment

Originally posted by RavoLx View Post
                                        i have change the data bit to 7 and it work, just a quick question it normal that the Com Open keep flashing
                                        Yes it's correct,
                                        to avoid motherboard damage, place bottom thermocouple and top thermocouple not at opposite side respect bga chip.
                                        Set Rex at 190-195 C° if you see that the bottom temp is to hight
                                        change (auto+x = 5) and check rex settings.
                                        Test thermocople with ice (fused ice) to check 0° C and with a sn/pb alloy to check 180° C
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by jasko_jacker; 01-28-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Psoft can control bottom heather Only if you set auto+x
                                          otherwise the bottom temp is controlled by Rex controller and you can only set the percentage of bottom power respect the temperature reached in a certain moment.
                                          You can start setting auto+x = 10
                                          Thanks for the reply so if modify the connections as you explain before it will control all the temps and curve

Comment

Working...
                                          X