Internal speaker swap pz800 to g10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal speaker swap pz800 to g10

I recently got a free Panasonic 46g10 however the internal speakers suck. My 42pz800 which recently died has noticeably better speakers. I know the speaker mounts aren't the same but it might be possible to jerry rig something. My main concern is the wattage. The g10 has 2x10w where as the pz800 is 2x15. Would swapping speakers even work or likely trigger voltage protection? This is more of a curiosity if anyone has tried this before and what the results were.

Re: Internal speaker swap pz800 to g10

The main thing for the safe connection of the speakers is their impedance (resistance), it should not be less than the resistance of the original speakers.

Comment

The PZ800 main board has 2 speaker connectors, one for large speakers one for twitters.
      G10 has one speaker output connector. So you need 2 capacitors to isolate the 2 twitters.

Comment

most any pc speakers will sound MUCH better than any speaker they can fit in a flat panel tv, I'd go with cyber acoustics, logitec 2.1 with the sub-woofer or creative 2.1 with the sub-woofer, can try with some old pc speakers if you have any laying around. There's a guide: https://soundcertified.com/can-i-con...ctly-to-my-tv/
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-21-2022, 05:42 AM.

Comment

even walmart has a huge selection, just need to wade thru what gives the best sound for the dollar: https://www.walmart.com/search?q=pc+...sort=price_low

Comment

I believe the resistance is higher on the pz800 speakers but I forgot to look closely at the speaker wire when cleaning the tv and so if it only has one wire it’s not worth taking the chance. Oh well. I do have external speakers but sometimes with quick viewing I liked to use the tv speakers and not having it sound awful.

Was also disappointed the stand from the pz800 doesn’t work on the g10. The metal posts must have a tiny faction of a difference somewhere because they look identical otherwise.

Comment

I don't see how it could hurt to try those speakers your talking about, they have 2 wires right, you would splice it solder the splices and use several wraps of electrical tape, if it don't work just take out the splice and use different ones.

Comment

Working...
              X