This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone! Happy to join the community. I'm not a novice in electronic but in computer repair just making the first steps. Hope to get some help here if I get stuck.

Comment

Hi! My name is Christian, I'm a bioengineer and I work developing hardware/firmware. Happy to join the community

Comment

Hello to all! My name is Jesse, I came across this amazing comunity looking for some electronic advices, I will try my best to share some of my tricks too. Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys, I just joined your great & helpful forum after browsing through some post & found talented techs with great knowledge open to help fellow members. I'm just starting out board repairs and always curious to learn!!!

Comment

Hello All from UAE. I have extensive embedded controls experience as well as PCB design, mainly micro controllers and digital systems. Nice to see a board dedicated to electronics.

Comment

Hi all,

I am electronics engineer dealing with video products all along the way.
              Survived difficult times in 90's doing mostly TV and VCR repairs. Still fixing things more like hobby.
              Seen interesting posts in this forum about TV repairs, that's my main interest here.
              My first PC was 8080 based. I assembled that board myself. The setup included TV with b/w image and cassette tape recorder. Played snake and tetris which was very cool then.
              Our university dorm was like electronics flea market and PC/TV assembly plant at the same time.

Comment

Hey there, new member here from Europe
                I've fixed a ton of boards already and dealt with tons of bad caps. Here to make my work even better because this is a great forum and I like to get into conversation with others about this topic.

Right now I'm fixing an old Gigabyte board for a friend of mine and needed a datasheet which I found here in the forums. Very nice.

Keep up the great work and thanks for having me here.

Comment

Hello all. I am royzhero from Netherlands. Iam a hobbyist in electronics repair

Comment

HI... Sorry about late introductions my self.

My name Saiful Purwanto from Indonesian...

Registered as user that looking for information and help about "Unlock/Remove HP Elitebook/Probook Bios Administrative Password".

Comment

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I hope to learn much. I'm from the United States and I enjoy tinkering with electronics.

Comment

Hello. My name is Ali Mahdi and I am from Iraq.

Comment

Hello Community,

I'm Helmann Lago from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I've got my technical degree in electronics back in 1992 and worked for over ten year in the bench repairing mainly IT/Telco equipment.

Migrated to field maintenance and them system's implementation.

Being away from the bench still makes me miss the repairing days when I used to struggled blow my mind to fix electronic equipment.

World had spun, components shrunk, tools and techniques had completely changed but I'm trying to get back to the new repairing world's pace.

I'm sure I landed in the right place.

Comment

Hi - Kafka here from Philly. I found a VIZIO m60 out front of my apt with tape that read "NO PICTURE. REPAIR ME"

So here I am. I just took apart my imac and replaced the gpu successfully, so I've just become acquainted with repairing electronics.

Hope to hear from this community so I can fix this 60" 4k tv I found in the trash!!!

Comment

Well, I'll be honest and say my motivation for joining today was because I wanted to download some Boardview files and schematics.

But to continue the theme of honesty, I do like what I've seen of the forums both today and in previous searches that lead me here and I'd already set a bookmark to explore it further when fate intervened and a schematics search brought me back.

I'm mostly a Software guy but I do have a little electronics background. Way back at school they introduce the first Computer subject to the curriculum and I signed up but I was the only one who did so it was cancelled for that year and I was given Electronics as a substitute. It worked out well, my favourite subject and favourite teacher - he worked with the team that designed Concorde's electrical system and had a lot of experience to share and was generous with his time.

I've currently amassed 4 damaged Macbooks and my aim is to learn how to fix them and rekindle an interest in the hardware side.

Locating the components to test is tough without schematics and boardviews, and while searching for them I found this forum.

Peace.

Comment

Hi! My day job I repair electronics but only swapping assemblies or circuit cards. Never component level replacement.
                                I also repair, restore and modify game consoles in my spare time. Lately I've been getting into Japanese PCs

Comment

Hi I am from Sydney, I am fixing my laptop, this is a start in here

Comment

Hi Everyone! Glad to be a member and always need help fixing electronics. Happy to be here.

Comment

Hi everybody. I have been fooling around with a soldering iron for about 60 years. Mostly these days building audio gear. I hang out in the DIY Audio forum a lot, but when called upon, I fix TVs and other stuff around the house.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello all,
                                        I've been repairing computers since 1995 and electronics since 1979

Comment

Hi everone, Greetings!

I am Joekhoe an ordinary family man who still strugging against this edge by doing electronics equipments repair and maintenance such as: TVs, Fridges, washing machines, air conditionings, PCs and laptops, for my daily activities.

I'm not an expert yet still learning day by day as the technology is going fast.

I found this forum from internet as i was searching for solutions and advices from the masters and proffesionals out there when i got stuck into something or just for my own knowledge.

I would be pleased if i could share and accept many advices, suggestions, ideas and solutions in this forum.

Please forgive me if my language is not good to understand by you all.

Thank you all and cheers....

Comment

Working...
                                          X