This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

if anybody makes more, use a 44pin mcu - then you can have 128k flash and not be restricted to 32k.

Comment

Maybe you can try this firmware, it might work with your unit:
      https://yadi.sk/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/M328Kit%2BTFT

There are allot of other pre-compiled firmware for other models there as well...
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

yes. it really works, but I liked the STJ software. Thanks. I will do it with the software you recommended!

Comment

The software is not written by STJ, there are basically nowdays two open source versions:
          M-firmware by Markus (username Madires on the eevblog forum)
          K-firmware by Karl-Heinz Kübbeler (username kubi48 on the Mikrocontroller forum)

Both I and STJ seem to prefer the K-firmware but it is all down to preference.
          You can try both now that you have a place with precompiled firmware that works for your unit.
          Or you can get your hands dirty and compile yourself if you like, there are allot of options to customize
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

what makes mine good is i took the time to get all the settings right.
            stuff like display centering, battery level etc is very poor on the default settings from the author.

Comment

STJ, does this unit look like it would work with your firmware?

They don't show the bottom of the board but I'm assuming it's an 8MHz setup.

2021 New GM328A Transistor Tester ... W/ Battery Case
              https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002426224712.html
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bcstedt; 04-26-2021, 03:10 PM. Reason: Found and image of the backside.

Comment

i have no idea - first time i'v seen that.
                it looks similar to the one we call "AY-AT"

if your thinking of buying it - dont.
                it has a 32pin cpu - so limited to 32k flash.
                you want one with a 44pin cpu so you can use upto 128k for maximum features.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  Thanks for the tip! I will hunt for 44pin units.

Wait, so what processor is it? Model #?
                  Last edited by bcstedt; 04-27-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

How widespread are the "44 pin" units? Which specific microcontrollers qualify for these? Seen any specific models with them?

Since it seems that there are so many mega328 units out there, wouldn't it make sense to keep trying to use these?

Dang. I would rip out the PWM generator code, rather have a dedicated device to generate PWM and not sacrifice this unit to control something. Frequency counter... maybe keep. Signal generator... rip out, same issue/opinion as PWM code. *shrug* again just IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      i have no idea - first time i'v seen that.
                      it looks similar to the one we call "AY-AT"

if your thinking of buying it - dont.
                      it has a 32pin cpu - so limited to 32k flash.
                      Do you have a suggested unit you like? It's time for me to get one of these...

Comment

oh well pulled trigger on one, unfortunately it's a 32K flash limit, but nevertheless it still should work to test parts even if it cant take latest flash...

just hope it knows how to detect germanium transistors/diodes and I couldn't care less if it could PWM or be a frequency generator, I have other tools for those functionalities...

Comment

well the tc-1 uses a 44pin atmega324,
                          and there is a highland one with an atmega644

probably others too

Comment

speaking of which... can it tell the difference between a Schottky diode vs Germanium?

Comment

if i had a germanium diode i could tell you

Comment

hmm... I guess we'll find out regardless, provided it ships...

If you're curious now, do you have any germanium transistors and just stick in two terminals?

Comment

no, not seen one since i was small and had a radio-shack crystal radio kit!!!

Comment

I have a bunch of germanium diodes tried out, and not so impressed. Readings seem to be different every run. AY-AT and stj's F/W I think 20MHz:

1N34A 371mV (DMM measures 317mV)
                                    1.6pF--1.2pF @0-5V
                                    Ir=74nA

1N34A 376mV (DMM measures 317mV)
                                    1.8pF--1.2pF @0-5V
                                    Ir=61nA

1N54 848mV (DMM measures 470mV)
                                    27pF--17pF @0-5V
                                    Ir=5.1uA

1N54 846mV (DMM measures 482mV)
                                    11pF--10pF @0-5V
                                    Ir=2.4uA

1N34A 380mV (DMM measures 313mV)
                                    1.7pF--0.72pF @0-5V
                                    Ir=46nA

Comment

Hmm so it looks like it might sort of distinguish a germanium compared to a schottky actually... but it can't do it directly at least as of yet...

Comment

I think Schottky leakage current is much higher.
                                        I tried a 1N459A silicon low leakage diode and Vf=761mV but no Ir measurement shows up on the display.

Comment

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/EWk4K3zB3bKl9w

Hello.I have such Mega328 V 2,68 ESR-T4.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/10050...3bce0dd330da5b

after the modified firmware I can not go self test at the last stage.as if stuck.for 1 and 3 times I tried a new 223j capacitor. This is the last stage of verification.I have already stitched 30 different firmwares with many firmwares. But alas, I can not pass the test. At the last stage, I did not save my own. It's a pity.

Comment

Working...
                                          X