Remove rear panel Sony Bravia KD-65X7500F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remove rear panel Sony Bravia KD-65X7500F

I don't know...the logical way to me, is that it must go upwards, along the central channel, however, I'm unsure how to undo the very to full length of the top part that would let it slide upwards.

I'm guessing that along the top panel, where the red dots were placed on my photo, must be the screw heads referred to, but releasing them seems my problem. As I squeeze those areas, there is some give, but it feels like the whole area would crack with more exertion??
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

can you provide better pictures of the top back edge area along with the "divide" between the top half of the back and the bottom / card area?

hmmm... how about this link... if you can figure out the diagrams or maybe when they mean "exploded view", they actually mean "blow the thing up and watch".... :-)

of course, they don't provide much cover removal.... but you see the order of things.
      Last edited by budwich; 05-29-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Well done budwich

These are the areas I needed to see

It appears there must be some clips or something under the top panel area, here

I just have to try figure that part out, it seems???

Comment

have you removed items 1 and 2 shown. My take is the bottom half of the back panel pulls out at the bottom of the panel to clear connections of inputs and then slides down from the middle section to remove.... just a guess. Again, some clear pictures of the middle section as the forum "eyes" are not that good / almost blind. :-)

Comment

Thanks...I will try get a photo up tomorrow, as I am away from the house at the moment...txs for help.

Comment

Here is some photo's I have stored

Comment

You aren't trying to remove the back with the legs still attached?

Comment

No, that's a photo before I removed the legs and all screws.

Items 1and 2 are simply the power chord connection and cover, and these were shown as already removed in my first
                  post, in the original link to the back of this panel/tv.
                  Last edited by viewerau; 05-30-2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Does that silver strip come off to reveal access to more screws ? Is that where it's catching ?

Comment

On most of the new Sony’s with the backs like that, in the bottom corners there is one clip that is very strong. Usually once you release those clips in the corners the bottom with be Loose the you angle it upwards and pull it towards the bottom to slide it out of the channel on the top.

Comment

i agree, that "finish strip" probably pries off to reveal more screw points along the border between the top and bottom halves. I see you are like me and leave the protective plastic on your stuff... :-)
                        look close at the area to see if the finish strip is "integral" to the rest of the plastic or indeed has some sort of "disjoint" with the other plastic panel.
                        Last edited by budwich; 05-30-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

The plastic strip top and bottom is just protection film. There are no screw holes under either piece.

I "believe" the trick is something to do with the pressure points in the disassembly diagram.

If I can somehow get them to release, it appears that the whole top and bottom section with the protective plastic strip should come off.

Comment

On a set I worked on recently I had to use a plastic piece similar to a guitar pic and and an old credit card to slide between the joint and slide up/down to release internal plastic catch.
                            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Is there a chance that the vesa mounting area needs unscrewing before the back will come off. Even though I have never wall mounted it, the threaded 4 mounting holes are still there. .Do you have to remove the unused female threaded screw holes first? If so, what tool does this, or is these spots permanently attached to the chassis and not need removing at all to take off the cover. As you can see, I am just getting nowhere.... thanks in

Comment

This thread has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on this forum, maybe we should start a pool, how many posts will it take to get the back cover off, I'm going with 99.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-03-2020, 10:23 PM.

Comment

It may be funny if you are just watching 😀, but from a personal point of view, it is absolutely frustrating.

It is not just here that I have posted, but in many different forums world wide....not one has been able to answer my question precisely, only with suggestions, like have been done here to date.

At least people are trying to help, and just maybe, someone whom has done it before, or possibly another with access to the service manual will be my answer.

Believe me, as well as frustration 🥵, this seemingly simplistic task has me stumped 🔨🔨🔨.

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
                                    Is there a chance that the vesa mounting area needs unscrewing before the back will come off. Even though I have never wall mounted it, the threaded 4 mounting holes are still there. .Do you have to remove the unused female threaded screw holes first? If so, what tool does this, or is these spots permanently attached to the chassis and not need removing at all to take off the cover. As you can see, I am just getting nowhere.... thanks in
                                    here is the video again ..watch from 3.20 . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVftkD0GFoU

Comment

Thanks again petehall347.....I searched via Google this afternoon, but failed to find the name of the tool shown at 3:20, hence asking its name in the other post....does anyone know?

I did try with a wide flat bladed screwdriver, but unsuccessfully.
                                      Last edited by viewerau; 06-04-2020, 02:35 AM.

Comment

So you mean you got the "finish strip" off?? looking at nick's tool, maybe you could use a butter knife or similar if it isn't too thick to fit, the tool looks to be a pretty basic piece of sturdy metal, yes I did see your posts on other forums, makes it even funnnier. 39.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-04-2020, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
                                          Thanks again petehall347.....I searched via Google this afternoon, but failed to find the name of the tool shown at 3:20, hence asking its name in the other post....does anyone know?

I did try with a wide flat bladed screwdriver, but unsuccessfully.
                                          It's called a spudger, they a few generally used for prying.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1PCS-Met...302?nav=SEARCH

Comment

Working...
                                          X