MacBook Air 2017 A1466 EMC 3178 820-00165-A No power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Air 2017 A1466 EMC 3178 820-00165-A No power

Hi, I' ve this MacBook Air with a strange problem. This laptop come in to my shop with initial problem PULSING (ON/OFF, no fan)

I wrote this attached bios dump that I clean me region by ME INJECT software and Macbook Power on but have a strange defect.

The Macbook Power on only when I connect the AC adapter without battery. It Never power on by clicking power key on keyboard. I also tryed to power on by SMCbypass on the motherboard.

When Macbook is ON and I press ON/OFF key the macbook go off without problem

I tryed to clean me region using FIT but I can't find efi payload for this model MBA7,2.

Can anyone help me?

Re: MacBook Air 2017 A1466 EMC 3178 820-00165-A No power

Did you make a bios backup before you started ? .MEInject isn`t recommended for anything over ME 6 in my opinion,and certainly shouldn`t be used with apple ME fw . Post the original bios backup
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

What was pulsing on / off?

Please post more details.

Very possible that you have a defective battery.

Restore your bios and post your voltage rail that is pulsing.

Comment

Ok. This is the two dump.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by longislandtea View Post
          Ok. This is the two dump.
          try..
          Attached Files
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Not working

Comment

Originally posted by longislandtea View Post
              Not working
              try..
              Attached Files
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

buddy,

pulsing could also be an failuren with clock chip, check volatges, check Rails!!!

if you dont know which rails, ask for help!!!

Comment

hi guys i got a 1466 820-00165a with no fan spin and amber led on charger . the cpu warms up too but not powering up and does draw current.
                  i read spi but cant find file that matches my backup .00000000- 000FDFF0 ARE ALL F(ÿ)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mek007 View Post
                    hi guys i got a 1466 820-00165a with no fan spin and amber led on charger . the cpu warms up too but not powering up and does draw current.
                    i read spi but cant find file that matches my backup .00000000- 000FDFF0 ARE ALL F(ÿ)
                    post serial number S / N

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                      post serial number S / N
                      its FVHWRA2FJ1WK

Comment

Hey guys am still in need of help if anyone has any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by mek007 View Post
                          Hey guys am still in need of help if anyone has any ideas
                          try..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                            try..
                            Can you tell me if this EFI is specific to the 2017 EMC 3178 or is this for any 820-00165 board? I have an EFI ROM file from a 2015 board and it doesn't start up on my 2017 board. I have heard that the EFI for this model is specific to the 2017. Can someone confirm this either way?

Comment

Originally posted by ACS-Repair View Post
                              Can you tell me if this EFI is specific to the 2017 EMC 3178 or is this for any 820-00165 board? I have an EFI ROM file from a 2015 board and it doesn't start up on my 2017 board. I have heard that the EFI for this model is specific to the 2017. Can someone confirm this either way?
                              if you have the same board, change the Serial Number S / N, and clean the region me, and do the test, don't forget to do before writing on the chip, a backup of the original bios of the laptop.

Comment

Hi,
                                Macbook Air 2017 A1466
                                EMC 3178
                                820-00165-A
                                SN: FVFVV003J1WM
                                Locked efi

please help me need urgent file to unlock and flash the efi chip

Comment

Originally posted by ssio187dd
                                  Hi,
                                  Macbook Air 2017 A1466
                                  EMC 3178
                                  820-00165-A
                                  SN: FVFVV003J1WM
                                  Locked efi

please help me need urgent file to unlock and flash the efi chip
                                  ssio187dd is online now Report Post
                                  Upload your bios backup here.
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Her is the link to download the Original backup

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10P4...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Hi vesko356 hoppely you can me help i hope so much thanks for you time bro

Comment

Originally posted by ssio187dd View Post
                                        Her is the link to download the Original backup

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10P4...w?usp=drivesdk
                                        Try:
                                        Attached Files
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                                        X