LCR T7 tester problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LCR T7 tester problem

Your fuse map should be this according to the Fish-8840.zip file attached by stj if you are trying to load the "original" firmware:
    Extended: 0xFF (Or 0x07 it depends on the program version how it reads the map, everything should be disabled)
    High: 0xD9
    Low: 0xE2

If you look in your picture the "high" fuse map is already 0xD9 and extended map is 0x07
    So you only need to change the "low" map by deselecting "CKDIV8"
    Verify that this changes the low fuse map value at the top from 0x62 to 0xE2
    If it does you can program the fuse map.
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 03-19-2023, 02:14 AM.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Huston we are gota problem...

I set that low fuse to E2, and connect display and test.
      With avrch341a I can not verify flash, say some error... next I get Neo, but he even not try to program, only noted verification problem on 0x2, some time later 0x6, 0x14, 0x5... random.
      With neo even when blank erase the chip it want to program it... verification error... say... wtf?

With avrch341a I can program it, without error and without verification passed, but LCR is not work properly, print splash logo with some offset and stuck with some big character who is separate with space...
      I try to many time, but not go anywhere...
      My first avr... oh...

BTW, on avrch341a read fuse 0x07 0xD9 0xE2
      but with neo read 0xFF 0xD9 0xE2... unreliable or what?

Comment

Every time I had to program avr with original firmware, the returned readed hex is simmilar but not the same. The crc32 are completly different, every time randomly, with random verify error.
        Last time, I got dots on screen... before it was some big letters...
        I was measure voltage when reading, programming, but it not fluctate so much, 3.292 - 3.294... the ams1117-3.3 is capable of about 1A.
        I double check every wire, connection, soldering, everything is nice and ok. On pin #5 is some dust, not connection no worry, no shorts or low resistance between pins.
        What can cause that behaveous, its partialy work, I mean he programs something simmilar, and that is readable again... is this seen before!?
        I am greatly conserned about Neo, he even not try to program... must be a some major mistake?
        Attached Files

Comment

If you are powering the device via the programming header try to disconnect the VCC cable (but leave ground connected!)
          Then power the device via the normal battery.
          I do it like this when I program mine: I do have to hold the "test" button pressed to keep it powered and in reset this way, it is worth a try.
          Because 3.3v is the wrong voltage, the Atmega is a 5v device...
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

● Operating voltage:
            ● 2.7V to 5.5V for ATmega328P

Is this mean that programming is only possible on 5v?
            I was thinking that 3.3v is ok...
            I will connect 5v rail from ch341a (from usb), there is a free 5v pin, this pin to icsp headerof LCR.
            Thanks, I'll try

Comment

Sorry I remembered wrong, the Atmega328 requires VCC to be 5v if you run it at 16Mhz. (I run mine at 16Mhz and 20Mhz).
              At 8Mhz VCC can be down to 2.7v:

I'll try to explain the difference in extended fuse map value 0xFF vs 0x07.
              Valid fuse maps are 3 bits long as shown in the picture below.
              The value FF in hexadecimal is 11111111 in binary.
              The value 07 in hexadecimal is 111 in binary.
              So they will be interpreted by the chip the same way, it just depends on the program you use...

But the reason the programming fails could still be the BODLEVEL being enabled if you program at 3.3v.
              So try it at 5v and see if it will work...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Per Hansson; 03-22-2023, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I hook up AVR on 5v, but everything is stay the same:
                - in avrch341a I can programm ic but verify fail
                - in neo I can not program... but can read, erase... verify also fail

Is it possible that the chip is faulty at that point to can programm, hold this code, but random mix few bites...? Hard, very hard to believe...
                I post a hex code saved from chip, but I havent user friendly hex editor to easely see what is different from original hex and is it always problem on same address...

I dont know, I not buy another ic
                any suggestion... for testing what is wrong here?
                Attached Files

Comment

This is insane... absolutely insane...
                  Now I dont want to burn firmware, but testing hex file.
                  I create hex file with AA AA content...
                  Proggram ic with that, and read it... save it.
                  burn it again... read it, save it...
                  and again.
                  Erase the chip, then again burn it read it and save...

I do same with original file too...

Sooo... is there some explanation why I cant program what I have and why is not reliable???
                  Maybe some component on some avr pin do interference with programmer, if that may cause that I can remove component just say what...
                  Attached Files

Comment

You can use Notepad++ to compare the Hex files.
                    It is hard for me to say what is going wrong as I don't know what you change for the different hex files.
                    But the errors seem to occur on repeating positions in the code when I compare the different files.
                    What does the "Clock" thing do in NeoProgrammer? Your chip runs at 8MHz.
                    Last edited by Per Hansson; 03-23-2023, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Generally I dont change anything, just try to program original hex file or test file with AA content to see how can store that content on chip...
                      Logicaly after burning it must be the same, that is purpose of this hw and sw...
                      ... the 4th time its almost do the job, but its a mess...

I can not trust this setup at all, and I think that the problem is only on my setup. Cant find any info for troubleshooting avr with ch341a or neo... how to know is the chip working, why is difference between software who supose to doing the same thing on same device etc...

Clock thing?
                      I dont know... I only have to choose from 4 listed frequency, I cant add 8MHz... what is that clock means, why is in kHz etc, I dont know...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by harp; 03-23-2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Try this program (CH341A).

CH341 ATMEGA

MOSI -> MOSI
                        MISO -> MISO
                        CLK -> SCK
                        CS -> RESET
                        + -> +VCC
                        - -> -GND
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                          Your chip runs at 8MHz.
                          Does he? How I can measure that to be shure?
                          Thank you lotas, but I think that the problem is not in software.
                          I download it and I try later. It is usefull to have different software for same hardware!

I have multimeter with "Hz mode" but cant got any reading on crystal legs. How supose this oscilator works, all the time is on or must bi initialized by program? I have measure between gnd and xtal pin #1 or gnd and pin #2... nothing there...? 50Hz humm...
                          But how it is possible to program anything to it, if its not running?
                          If clock signal from proggramer is enough to store data why is saved program always different... oh...

Please, confirm me how to proper measure frequency, till now I think that this xtal is undestroyedable in any way

Comment

LOL, it work
                            After 3 weak of torture little chip, hopeing and 100000 plug'n'pray... it friking work on russian way! Awesome

Thank you again lotas for suggestion, and author of siberiaprog... it work!

I am replacing the crystal, but didnt help - after "erase" the chip with neo, readed data have almost 5% FE content over FF...
                            It was silence, 3am, my laptop is on, and I with smileish on face thinking... what about just try that russian thing... they are fameous in world like they think and made crude, robust, rigid, reliable (with some punch of hammer) things... and supprise... LOL
                            I finaly can write and verify passed with no error!
                            I rewrite eeprom and check the fuse...

Also, the install of siberiaprog is proper fancy... with music, idilical picture, a bunch of nothing understanding (russian) text... just cliking right arrow... simple as that

The avrdudess I cant tested yet, it missing some big component, like .net framework... but maybe it will work too... I am be glad if future experience of other ch341a user will be documented here, if it work, also if it not work, or howto overcome device to work.

Ok, I hope that from my point of view, total beginer in avr, this content will provide some help, hint or guideline to other with no experiance, thank you all for help!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                              1. Getting ready to flash the U4 power controller. We solder the USB-UART converter with a stabilizer to the board.
                              (3.3V to 3.3V, Gnd to Gnd, Tx to P1, Rx to P2).
                              2. We connect the converter, wait for it to be detected by the system, launch the software, select the com-port, select the firmware from the archive (p. 1), set the frequency to 12 MHz, apply power, the processor starts, does not go into boot mode, is not detected by the programmer .
                              3. Experimenting with the sequence of power supply to the processor and pressing the "Check MCU" & "Download/Program" buttons.
                              4. We study the datasheet on U4, we find that the Test button of the tester is connected to the Reset output. Click "Check MCU", click the Test button, the microcontroller resets and is detected. In the same way, we launch the firmware, and finally, we flash U4.
                              Can you solve my problem
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...98#post1224598

Comment

As a video supplement to this topic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qF2ldgfRiw
                                Replacing and programming the ATmega328P chip with the BIOS programmer CH341A #2318

Comment

Working...
                                X