Re: Post help identifying capacitors here

Originally posted by Slimtedi23 View Post
    looking for this cant find anywhere any help will be appreciated thanks
    ic v718279
    Can you upload a photo of the IC?

Comment

Hello all,

Please help to identify this component in red circle. It is a capacitor, but not sure about the type. It is polyester (PET) film? His value seems to be 220nF (224 - hard reading), but also not know the voltage

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Trying to locate information on this capacitor so I can workout how to test it.

From a little research I did on google it was made by Matsushita that turned into Panasonic. Can't find the sh-sp or the T10-17 though. If it helps it is in a Cigweld welder.

There appears to be 4 pins coming from the capacitor through the other side of the PCB. Did a little googling on that and the form factor might be called a radial box 4 pin but not sure on that.

Thanks for the help.
        Attached Files

Comment

The pins on both sides should be connected together, so you can choose one of the leads on either side and test either using a capacitance meter or component tester. I've attached a picture so you can see how the leads are arranged.

I'm pretty sure this is how yours is arranged, as it seems to be the standard, but it might be different.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by andrewsawesomr; 04-23-2023, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexram View Post
            Trying to locate information on this capacitor so I can workout how to test it.

From a little research I did on google it was made by Matsushita that turned into Panasonic. Can't find the sh-sp or the T10-17 though. If it helps it is in a Cigweld welder.

There appears to be 4 pins coming from the capacitor through the other side of the PCB. Did a little googling on that and the form factor might be called a radial box 4 pin but not sure on that.

Thanks for the help.
            This is a Panasonic metallized polypropylene capacitor film 4 pins , EZPV series , sp is the type code , T10-17 for date manufacturing .

Comment

Awesome, Thanks for the help andrewsawesomr and jiroy I really appreciate it.

Comment

unknown solid cap

Hi, does anyone know what brand they are? They seem very generic, I did not find anything about it.
                If someone could help me I would appreciate it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-01-2023, 10:06 AM. Reason: posted image on badcaps from external image host
                Gaming pc:
                nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
                Workshop PC:
                Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
                Server:

Comment

How do I identify this capacitor, can someone suggest where to buy or alternate?
                  Attached Files

Comment

It's a Panasonic 180uF 16 V capacitor from their PF series. The datasheet is available here.
                    You can replace them with Panasonic FKE (here, here, or here).

Comment

Originally posted by andrewsawesomr View Post
                      It's a Panasonic 180uF 16 V capacitor from their PF series. The datasheet is available here.
                      wow, i truly appreciate your response and see the capacitors you referred are 180uF with 25v which will work fine as a replacement for 16v. I just wanted to make sure can I use this as a replacement I? Also i want to understand for knowledge's sake what is that 738 stands for.
                      Last edited by kiransband; 05-22-2023, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Also label says...

PF

what is 738 ? and PF stands for PF series? guessing 180is uF and 16 is volts
                        Last edited by kiransband; 05-23-2023, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiransband View Post
                          I just wanted to make sure can I use this as a replacement?
                          That capacitor has a lower ESR than the one you are replacing. Most of the time this is fine, but it might be a problem in some situations. For clarity, what type of device are you replacing the capacitors on? Brand and model would be extra helpful.

Comment

That capacitor has a lower ESR than the one you are replacing. Most of the time this is fine, but it might be a problem in some situations. For clarity, what type of device are you replacing the capacitors on? Brand and model would be extra helpful.
                            its Apple iMac Motherboard, I was upgrading the iMac and had taken off the motherboard a few items and this delicate capacitor came off... with broken pins

Comment

Re: unknown solid cap

Originally posted by kevin! View Post
                              Hi, does anyone know what brand they are? They seem very generic, I did not find anything about it.
                              If someone could help me I would appreciate it.
                              They seem to be from Man Yue Technology Holdings sold under the brand X-Con (Man Yue is the same manufacturer that makes Samxon capacitors).

Comment

Originally posted by kiransband View Post
                                its Apple iMac Motherboard, I was upgrading the iMac and had taken off the motherboard a few items and this delicate capacitor came off... with broken pins
                                Then the lower ESR should be fine.

Comment

I'm starting to re-cap a Pioneer turntable, specifically the motor control board. Pioneer's passive component naming convention is clear to me. For example, CSZA R22M 35 is tantalum, radial leads, 0.22uF, 20%, 35V.

BUT there are two capacitors on the board which have actual Pioneer part numbers: PCL-042. I can tell they are 0.1uF, 16V but don't know why Pioneer would do this, unless the capacitors are special somehow. Any ideas?

There's a second oddity: CCDCH 330J 50 means ceramic disc, disc-type radial leads, thermal compensation with a thermal coefficient of 0 and tolerance of 60 PPM, 33 pF, 5%, 50V. So that's a generic passive component naming scheme, for a capacitor I have no idea how to find a modern equivalent. Again, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushcat View Post
                                    I'm starting to re-cap a Pioneer turntable, specifically the motor control board. Pioneer's passive component naming convention is clear to me. For example, CSZA R22M 35 is tantalum, radial leads, 0.22uF, 20%, 35V.

BUT there are two capacitors on the board which have actual Pioneer part numbers: PCL-042. I can tell they are 0.1uF, 16V but don't know why Pioneer would do this, unless the capacitors are special somehow. Any ideas?

There's a second oddity: CCDCH 330J 50 means ceramic disc, disc-type radial leads, thermal compensation with a thermal coefficient of 0 and tolerance of 60 PPM, 33 pF, 5%, 50V. So that's a generic passive component naming scheme, for a capacitor I have no idea how to find a modern equivalent. Again, any ideas?
                                    try putting this on the audio forum
                                    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                                    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Can’t seem to find this manufacturer datasheet
                                      Z112185936 6/F
                                      2U2 K 750 DD
                                      Stamped on top of cap.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by telimage; 06-03-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

2.2uF, +/-10%, 750V?
                                        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I need help identifying this polymer. The text says:
                                          LF
                                          C

I bought these new but can't find the specs in the mail. I know it's 470 uF but what voltage?

EDIT: just figured it out.. Nichion LF series, rated at 16V

Thanks
                                          Last edited by Half-Saint; 06-07-2023, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X