Sharp LC-70LE757U dreaded 2-5 Blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-70LE757U dreaded 2-5 Blink

Long time looker first time posting. Little background info on the tv, was looking around Facebook and a free tv came up that didn't work, well I have fixed a few before without issue, picked up said tv and lady told me that the picture was a little fuzzy then it just went out one day now getting the 2-5 blink. So with all the info I have gathered here as got me to this point, on the t-con board there is 4 ribbons, if I unhook all of them I get the backlight, (looking at back of tv) if I unhook the two left ones I get 2-5 light, if I unhook right two (looking at back of tv) tv comes on with a picture on the right and a white screen on the left (looking at tv). So I processed to unhook far left and right ribbons (on edge of tv) unhook left side 2-5 light, unhook right side tv turns on but the picture is pretty bad and fades out as it goes to the left (looking at tv, side that's unhooked). Hopefully all that made some type of sense, so my question is what is my next step, is the t-con board junk or is this just a lost cause and the entire tv is junk? Any info is appreciated.
    Last edited by Dustin075; 11-20-2019, 09:10 PM.

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U dreaded 2-5 Blink

Anyone?

Comment

it "sounds like" the "standard bad tab" problem on the side of the panel.... but without some pictures of the display showing what you are seeing... it is just a "good guess". Read up on posts about tab issues on sharps to see what is involved... along with posting some pictures. NOTE. it is likely the set can be saved AND it is UNLIKELY that it is a tcon problem.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49281

Comment

The half picture is with the left side t-con unhooked (looking at tv)
          The other picture is with the small ribbon on far left side unhooked
          The picture uploaded upside down
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dustin075; 11-21-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

you need to feed in a good signal to ensure that the display is showing "well" before you go to far about dealing with the "side stuff" as sometimes issues with the bottom can exist.

Comment

Working...
            X