Vileda VR102 identify a component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vileda VR102 identify a component

Hello, I need help identifying this component. Bottom right leg is shorted to the left side.

Looks like it says 301LA.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Vileda VR102 identify a component

It could be due to the low value of the resistor across the pins, is it marked as D5 on the board?
    Last edited by R_J; 12-08-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

It looks more like smd marking S01LA but I cannot find it.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        It could be due to the low value of the resistor across the pins, is it marked as D5 on the board?
        Even off the board its shorted. yes I believe so its marked d5.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
          It looks more like smd marking S01LA but I cannot find it.
          yea I tried 301LA, 501LA, S01LA but no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pr0jectN1ne View Post
            Even off the board its shorted. yes I believe so its marked d5.
            D5 would suggest a diode, how does it check to the center leg, It might be a dual diode, is there another one on the board with the same markings?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              D5 would suggest a diode, how does it check to the center leg, It might be a dual diode, is there another one on the board with the same markings?
              I followed the centre pin the ground of the motor that's not spinning for the brush. There's quite a few of same package but different markings.

Comment

You'd have to trace out how the motor is switched on - is it this mosfet or a N-ch somewhere else. If it shorted I would think the motor will stay on.
                Otherwise this is a motor back EMF diode. It's not a (reversible) motor needing a 4-mosfet H-bridge?

"S01" I found as SOT-23 P-ch. MOSFET by Samhop Microelectronics Taiwan.
                STS2301A -20V/-2.6A 95mΩ
                STS2301 -20V/-3.4A 60mΩ

There's no marking code data on the website or datasheets to confirm. One part uses a 3 digit marking with tiny manufacturing code rotated.

Many other generic makers of the 2301, as a NXP2301P, AO2301 etc. out of the third-world.

Comment

I found an S01 as a FJX3001R pre biased NPN, SOT 323. I can’t tell if it is an S or a 3.
                  Last edited by CapLeaker; 12-09-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                    You'd have to trace out how the motor is switched on - is it this mosfet or a N-ch somewhere else. If it shorted I would think the motor will stay on.
                    Otherwise this is a motor back EMF diode. It's not a (reversible) motor needing a 4-mosfet H-bridge?

"S01" I found as SOT-23 P-ch. MOSFET by Samhop Microelectronics Taiwan.
                    STS2301A -20V/-2.6A 95mΩ
                    STS2301 -20V/-3.4A 60mΩ

There's no marking code data on the website or datasheets to confirm. One part uses a 3 digit marking with tiny manufacturing code rotated.

Many other generic makers of the 2301, as a NXP2301P, AO2301 etc. out of the third-world.
                    I had a look again and I found another one the same for the other motor and that motor spins. I don't know much on this but I try.

Comment

Is the other device marked as D? if it is how does it check, does it check like a dual diode, or like a transistor?
                      Where is it in the circuit?
                      is it across the motor?
                      Post a clear picture of the whole area of the board
                      Last edited by R_J; 12-10-2022, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I think D5 is the large part under the Q18 silkscreen and might not apply. You can a current-sense resistor R155 as well.
                        Usually you'd see a N-ch. mosfet turning a motor on and off. If it's reversible, then a P-ch up top on the H-bridge.

The only part that doesn't fit is OP finds the part shorted yet the motor will not run. If true then there is another problem, or it's the gate shorted.

Comment

Similar to ST2301A.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you lotas, that sure looks like it.

So I guess the D5 designator IS for another component.
                            Last edited by R_J; 12-11-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

My apologies on not replying, Yes the gate was shorted.

I'm guessing this is the one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000312333823.html

Thank you so much for all the help. Hope it works.

Shall i upload a full pic?

Comment

Working...
                              X