X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    Superior Technical I am in Electronics, Computer Programmer technical and Automata and PLCs.
    Sorry for my English.
    Salutations.

Comment

Hi, new member here. I've stumbled upon this site trying to troubleshoot a Pioneer 60" Plasma and hopefully I can get some more help soon!

Comment

New member here, background in software but finding more and more that I need to know about motherboard and components. Great to find somewhere to get the help I need.

Comment

Hi everyone, I come in search of answers on a few problems I've found. I work professionally on computer repair and maintenance and always looking to know more

Comment

I found this site thru a link on another tech site.... always looking for solutions for problems. I don't know much about software, but I've been fixing electronics since.... tubes were common. This looks like a good place to help and learn!

Comment

Hi BADCAPS Nation!
              My name is Matt and I have adequate technical/electrical capabilities.

I do have a few questions as I work to fix my TV and I can't wait to hear some of the great feedback provided by the experienced members of this site.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi to all and thanks for having me .. have a good all round electrical and computing background .. hoping to help when ever I can

Comment

Hi, I m new here, work mainly on Laptops and TV( NO CRT). I find this forum a useful source of information and new ideas, thats why I joined.
                  In professional life I am also an aircraft engineer and professional pilot...
                  Flying laptops never end well...

Comment

Iv been reading the posts so decided to join. Been repairing Tvs since the 70s and still repairing them though harder to make a crust. More profit in aerials and Sky repairs

Comment

Hello All!
                      My name is John, and I've been a tinkerer for over 30 years...

I started out as a kid taking all of my toys apart, and I guess I just never quit... The toys just keep getting bigger and more expensive!

I do various appliance and electronic repair, mostly for friends and family, but did work in an appliance repair shop for a little while.

Mainly here to learn as much as I can, and who knows, maybe I'll even have a real question/post from time to time.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mike just started getting into electronics as a hobby (hopefully I can make it into a profession). I don't know a thing when it comes to electronics but I'm hoping this site along with some others can help me learn. Thanks!!!

Comment

test?

Comment

Hi Everybody (in my best Dr. Nick accent)

I've been tinkering with electronics bits and pieces for ages, nothing more complicated than using a multimeter to test voltage and continuity.

Lately, I've become a little bit smarter for having to repair a whole load of switchmode power supplies (1st because a sparky made a big boo boo in the switchboard by leaving the neutrals of two circuits from different phases unlinked to the main neutral ... boom goes all you 240v appliances, and 2nd, a mate's been decimated by pole top fire than killed most of his electronics).

So for the starwar fans, I'm a humble padawan amongst jedi.

In my spare time, I like riding my 300kg lounge chair, a Guzzi 1200 Sport.

Comment

Howdy... Hope I can get some help fixing my M3D421SR! :-)

Comment

Hello Mods and Members, names Daniel 30yrs old, I'm a mobile/iPad repair tech, I'm doing my best to learn another trade fixing tvs I started fixn AFEW friends and family TVs for free so I can learn more about the inner workings of components, tbh I like it so far due to the challenge. If you have a mobile/iPad issue please let me know which I'll do my best in helping you as I know I will be asking the same in TV repair issues, 1 hand washes another am i right I hope real soon I too can be of assistance helping other members solving problems TIL then it's back to reading a lot of old posts to learn. Glad I found out bout this site which I hope everyone has patience in helping the new guy out lol, thank you for your time in getting to know me....

Comment

Hello chaps
                                  I'm one of those guys who likes taking things apart (all though I expect most of you do), even better when it needs fixing...
                                  I understand electronics(know what parts do, and why they are there etc.. basic stuff), I've got a arduino board I like playing with. But that said I'm no expert, so fault finding I'm not great at.

I'm here to find help with the power supply of a tele with persisting popping capacitors. And I'm convinced this is just the right forum to help

Neil
                                  27 years old

Comment

Hey guys,

Loving the forum and learning loads of new things. The amount of knowledge here is incredible and the lengths users go to help each other is extraordinary.

Comment

Hi all,
                                      I stumbled upon this forum seeking information about a failed clock/controller board for one of my appliances. A clue that I would find it was all the online offers to repair it for me. I'd rather try it myself, so I was glad to find this forum and now I can't wait to get into some good reading here. I too have acquired a learning addiction.
                                      - Dave

Comment

Hello all,
                                        I am from Serbia and I am a TV repairer in the city named Sombor.I do these business for about 30 years.Last 12 years i work alarm systems and video surveilans.

Comment

Hi. I was born 6/15/45. I fixed radios from age 10 to now, and TVs from age 12 to now. I even fixed them in a real TV shop for a while (the wonder of actually having an inventory of spare tubes that probably were good!) I started EE school, interrupted by the USAF, which taught me to fix a computer with 55,000 vacuum tubes (AN/FSQ-7), finished EE school, built robots, built computer ticket systems, patented and built and licensed SCSI bus repeaters and switches, became an expert witness in patent lawsuits, moved to mexico.

Comment

Working...
                                          X