macOS Big SUR changed my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macOS Big SUR changed my life

Happy to report since owning my 2018 mac mini since launch that with the BIG SUR update the startup chime is back, it even has more bass to it then the older startup chimes.
    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Re: macOS Big SUR changed my life

I thought they did away with the startup chime.... I have some old iMac G5's here, the startup chime is my favorite part.....when I heard it, I always knew the recap was successful!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      I thought they did away with the startup chime.... I have some old iMac G5's here, the startup chime is my favorite part.....when I heard it, I always knew the recap was successful!
      They did only on the 2016 up Macs but the old 2017 carry over air still had it, now its enabled again for all macs but you can disable it in the sound control panel.

Yup my iMac G5 is still in the garage haven't booted it up in about 4 years and I did recap it with a kit bought from you back in 2011! i'll have to try and fire it up again.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Oh boy, looks like I upgraded too soon.Louis Rossmann said the new OS spies on you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2lJNQn3NA

Comment

Apple hired Santa Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
            Oh boy, looks like I upgraded too soon.Louis Rossmann said the new OS spies on you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2lJNQn3NA
            Or read about it here https://sneak.berlin/20201112/your-computer-isnt-yours/

Comment

lol - you think any of that is new?
              look at the "services" in any uefi bios or android phone!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                look at the "services" in any uefi bios....
                Long live legacy BIOS's.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

look at the "services" in any uefi bios or android phone!
                  True but not to the extent of this new apple shit
                  Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                  ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

wow this takes big brother spying to a whole new level now if apple does it also on mac os! first we had m$ and their win10 telemetry bs and now apple is on the same bandwagon as well! ah well... all your life and data are belong to us!

Comment

if you watched the video, apple was already doing it - possibly for years.
                      the update just puts a stop to you blocking it.

IMO apple turned to the darkside when they left Motorola and started using Intel.
                      and that's another thing, all these intel based machines have the ME filth in them - that's as bad as it could get.
                      the ME is a seperate microcontroller that can acess your harddrives, ram and networking even in sleepmode.

maybe that's why the latest windows versions dont like to do a proper shutdown - just a thought!!
                      Last edited by stj; 11-15-2020, 05:52 AM.

Comment

at least m$ has ways to stop or severely halt telemetry collection

https://blogs.systweak.com/how-to-di...in-windows-10/

I don't believe there is any way to disable it in mos
                        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Intel.
                          and that's another thing, all these intel based machines have the ME filth in them - that's as bad as it could get.
                          the ME is a seperate microcontroller that can acess your harddrives, ram and networking even in sleepmode.
                          Worse, is when you have a pre-10th-gen Core i-series processor and the motherboard maker refused to give a UEFI BIOS update to include the latest update to Intel CSME. (converged security and management engine) (for the very late versions of the ME)

Some people are left in the cold, because the computer makers refused to offer a BIOS with an updated CSME for PCs with a 9th-gen Core i series and earlier!
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

should have chosen AMD then.

Comment

Both of my main systems are Ryzens.

The second one is a Ryzen 5 2600 on an AsRock A320M/ac motherboard.
                              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

nice

Comment

Might wanna stay clear of this update if you have a 2013 or 2014 MacBook Pro, ouch!
                                  https://www.techspot.com/news/87610-...rick-2013.html
                                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

incidentally, who wants to bet if this osx update has "contact tracing" hidden in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                      Might wanna stay clear of this update if you have a 2013 or 2014 MacBook Pro, ouch!
                                      https://www.techspot.com/news/87610-...rick-2013.html
                                      I have a 2014 macbook air but so far I think i'll stay away from the update with my older machines, the 2018 mini was crashing for no reason with 10.14.6 mojave so updating to big sur ive had no more crashes, traded my privacy for stability i guess, sad that it crashed more then my windows machines....

Comment

...and I thought Windows 10 was bad... Thanks for proving me wrong, Apple!!
                                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                        Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                                        X