X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Macbook M1 bypass FMM / EFI Unlock

Originally posted by qava View Post
    2nd NAND says

The hard drive is reversed, please re-insert the NAND...
    It's mean you are inserting the NAND in wrong direction.

Comment

iPhone 12 nand says the same thing. JC just doesn't support iPhone 12 and up yet, including macbooks. Atleast that's my conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by .::iRizwan::. View Post
        It's mean you are inserting the NAND in wrong direction.
        No, it mens this NAND is not supported. If I put NAND in wrong way than have information "replace chip 90 degrees"

btw I got a lot of knowledge in repair and i know how to recognize 1st leg of IC

Comment

Originally posted by betonel View Post
          One way for bypass M1 will be patching ipsw file, eg. UniversalMac_11.0.1_20B29_Restore.ipsw\022-10604-034\3_Apple_APFS

KRAActivationAuthViewController

Similar work has been successfully performed for iphone:

1. Download the iPSW file you need from the official website: IPSW.
          2. Secondly, convert the iPSW file into a ZIP file by changing the extension and extract it.
          3. Now open the extracted file folder, and you will see 3 different .dmg files in there.
          4. Look for the biggest file and drag it to your desktop. You will notice that the .dmg files will not be able to open in one click. It's because these files are encrypted.
          5. You would need a firmware key to open this file. For this purpose, direct to “The iPhone WiKi” and find your firmware key.
          6. Once you have the key, it's time to use ???iDecrypt that is already on your Mac. Simply launch the software and open your .dmg file with it.
          7. You will see a warning message on your screen. Simply click on the “OK” button and select your output folder and paste your key for “RootFilesystem."
          8. Now, you need to click on “Decrypt DMG," and when the process is finished, you will see a success message.
          9. Open the iPSW file that is decrypted and go to the Applications folder. Here, you need to delete the “Setup” file.
          10. Then, exit this folder and right-click on your decrypted file and click on “Eject."
          11. When the file is successfully saved, delete the original file and rename the new decrypted file matching the original file. Then, paste this file into the extracted folder again.
          12. The last step is to compress the folder back to the IPSW format.

I also tried to try this but there's no firmware key so access to folder is locked. Step 5 kill all process

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but on the activation screen where it asks for Apple ID/Password, I put in 'null' and 'null' and it says that the Apple account is locked and an email will be sent with instructions on how to unlock. It partly lists the email address.
            Just thinking it might remind someone to look at the devices in their iCloud and remove the MacBook from their account? I can live in hope!

Comment

Originally posted by kevingill View Post
              Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but on the activation screen where it asks for Apple ID/Password, I put in 'null' and 'null' and it says that the Apple account is locked and an email will be sent with instructions on how to unlock. It partly lists the email address.
              Just thinking it might remind someone to look at the devices in their iCloud and remove the MacBook from their account? I can live in hope!
              they also can see your location! and macbooks in 90% lost modus

Comment

would we be able to remove iCloud lock if we took the SN from a locked M1 and put it in a T2 Mac bypass it using jailbreak than use jumpcloud.com to install MDM and use the MDM key to bypass the M1 Mac? we wouldn't need the wifi and bt address from the M1 because we aren't going though the activation process. has anyone given this a shot?

Comment

we can first attempt this on a iPhone and iPad. with mdm bypass key you would just put in key in the password field and leave the username/email blank. and it would be easier to attempt on a iPad because all we would need is the DCSD cable no Nand soldering required.

Comment

Originally posted by techman9510 View Post
                    would we be able to remove iCloud lock if we took the SN from a locked M1 and put it in a T2 Mac bypass it using jailbreak than use jumpcloud.com to install MDM and use the MDM key to bypass the M1 Mac? we wouldn't need the wifi and bt address from the M1 because we aren't going though the activation process. has anyone given this a shot?
                    We've tried that.. it isn't working.. mdm key doesn't match. They send wifi mac + bt mac. Once u re able to change sn+wifi+bt you're good to go. No solution for that yet..

Comment

What happens if the Wi-Fi/BT chip has its power removed by cutting a track?
                      Or is it stored in flash?
                      Last edited by kevingill; 02-24-2022, 05:41 AM.

Comment

We've tried that.. it isn't working.. mdm key doesn't match. They send wifi mac + bt mac. Once u re able to change sn+wifi+bt you're good to go. No solution for that yet..
                        Can't we get the wifi and bt address from terminal? I saw someone said they were able to open up terminal

Comment

Originally posted by kevingill View Post
                          What happens if the Wi-Fi/BT chip has its power removed by cutting a track?
                          Or is it stored in flash?
                          That doesn't matter the problem is activation servers require SN wifi and Bluetooth to successfully activate the device. So we would need to get all 3 from a locked M1 and out it into a T2 Mac and than from their we can get the MDM key and theoretically use the MDM key to bypass activation lock on the M1 mac

Comment

On iPads and iPhone I use a DCSD cable to read the hidden info from the NAND. Sn,wifi,bt etc etc I saw on AliExpress their is a DCSD cable that has a usb C connector I asked the seller what's it's for and he told me either for iPads or MacBooks. Maybe we can use this device to read the nand info on the MacBooks. Here is the link maybe someone can make a software for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/iDCSD-UART-...-127632-2357-0

Comment

hoco u86 can make it possible?
                              Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

On iPads and iPhone I use a DCSD cable to read the hidden info from the NAND. Sn,wifi,bt etc etc I saw on AliExpress their is a DCSD cable that has a usb C connector I asked the seller what's it's for and he told me either for iPads or MacBooks. Maybe we can use this device to read the nand info on the MacBooks. Here is the link maybe someone can make a software for it.

Interesting approach. Looks iDCSD is not exploiting anything, it's just a manufacturing testing interface, would be great if it can access NAND/shell for M1 device.

Comment

Interesting approach. Looks iDCSD is not exploiting anything, it's just a manufacturing testing interface, would be great if it can access NAND/shell for M1 device.
                                  I'm sure Apple uses special software that allows communication to the laptop and the software. So we would have to find our own exploit to make that communication possible.

Comment

Has anyone actually tried the iDCSD cable with a MacBook M1?

Comment

i will find the adapter and test that
                                      Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

it is just a UART interface for communication nothing else.
                                        yes i have this and old one with 30 Pins and some other too.

Comment

thanks good to know

Comment

Working...
                                          X