Old 06-25-2021, 04:41 AM   #10
ChillingCicada

City & State: Virginia
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Vizio VO42L Issues: Need Guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick_barton View Post
If it is a used power supply then I would check the the underside of the board to ensure all the solder joints especially on the larger components are well soldered.

Please let me know if anything stands out to you in the photo of the recent board which I've just installed. You have a far better eye for what does and does not look good, and I'll be certain to double-check anything that you recommend I do so here

Also, just for my own learning experience, what are some giveaways I should look for in regards to what constitutes a well-soldered joint? I know that no components should be loose, and I obviously expect a clean looking solder from the factory, but is there anything else in particular that I should keep an eye out for especially with regards to wear and tear?

Thanks again for your time.

Edited to add: I just noticed that the new board doesn't appear to include the plastic spacers. How critical are these to its proper operation?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3287.jpg (673.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3290.jpg (707.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by ChillingCicada; 06-25-2021 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Noticed something additional
ChillingCicada is offline   Reply With Quote