Win 10, Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 10, Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Help

I've spend the past 15 minutes fiddling with wallpaper settings to no avail.

I have three monitors set up like so (see attachment). Monitor 1 is on top then 2 and 3 on the bottom. 1 is centered over 2 and 3.

I want the top one to have a solid black background (which I can do using a picture, that's fine, since Windows will only let you use solid color mode or picture mode not both) and I want one ultra-wide image spanned across the bottom two monitors. Unfortunately, span mode includes the top monitor.

I'd prefer to avoid third-party software, but I have a license for DisplayFusion somewhere if needbe. Just hoping I can do this with Win10's built-in stuff.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Win 10, Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Help

Hmmm... well this may be more of a workaround... but how about split the ultra-wide image into two and set each half to its proper side?
    I know - extra work when you want to change backgrounds... should work, though.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
      Hmmm... well this may be more of a workaround... but how about split the ultra-wide image into two and set each half to its proper side?
      I know - extra work when you want to change backgrounds... should work, though.
      Absolutely brilliant solution. Can't believe I didn't think of this. THANK YOU

Comment

I had a similar issue at Church when I set them up with an Windows 10 Acer box for the AV system (1280x1024) where the 2nd screen (AV-system input) needed a black background, but the higher resolution front screen I wanted to have something other than black (like the two AV Macs were already set up, since OSX can do that natively). I ended up collage'ing the image I wanted (which was the exact same resolution as the main screen) with a black box 1280 pixels wide in GIMP, and used that for a background. Worked fine when spanned across both displays.

In your case you could probably do the same thing... just make sure everything's in the right spot (in the collage you're making) and shazam.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
        X