Reprogram Philips 32PFL3008D Winbond EEPROM with ATMEGA328P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprogram Philips 32PFL3008D Winbond EEPROM with ATMEGA328P

I've shearched before posting this, and found dozens of different ways to hook up multiple types of EEPROM to an Arduino Uno, so I do not know which one is correct.

I need to learn this so I ended up with a Philips TV 32PFL3008D which has corrupted memory, the IC is U402, 25Q64FVSIG, I have the 3MB .bin file, how to hook up an ATMEGA328P to this memory and what code do I need?
    Attached Files

Re: Reprogram Philips Winbond EEPROM with ATMEGA328P

The 25Q64FVSIG memory size is not 3Mb, but 8Mb should be.

Comment

The firmware .bin file directly from philips has the size of 3.293.184 bytes.

Comment

If the file is from Philips, then it must be updated via USB. Or through a terminal program.
        Last edited by lotas; 12-03-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

https://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/...scy=PE&slg=LSP

https://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/...scy=PE&slg=LSP

Comment

hm, this shows how clueless I am, I found an 8MB flash for the correct panel version, so what do I do now? It is 8MB or 8.388.608 bytes

https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...a-flash-73876/
            Last edited by Biruslapio; 12-03-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

25Q64FVSIG - 8 МБ = 8,388,608 bytes
              Everything is correct, it should be so.

Comment

Yes, but now what needs to be done for flashing with an Arduino Uno?

Comment

Originally posted by Biruslapio View Post
                  Yes, but now what needs to be done for flashing with an Arduino Uno?
                  I can’t help with this (I don’t have an Arduino), look on the Internet, for example here
                  https://forum.arduino.cc/t/read-and-...winbond/493705

It may be easier to get you a simple, cheap programmer "CH341A".
                  Last edited by lotas; 12-03-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

It looks like it's not a simple caveman setup like "connect eeprom to board and flash", it needs resistors, diodes, and without a proper pcb it will be a flimsy mess, so I give up and will just buy a proper CH341A + tools.

The listing I'm buying from only lists compatibility to 25Q64BV and 25Q64FW, will it not work with 25Q64FV?
                    Last edited by Biruslapio; 12-03-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

There are many programs for CH341A which support your spi flash 25Q64FV
                      These are programs (CH341A) such as
                      CALIBRI, AsProgrammer, NeoProgrammer.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lotas; 12-03-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biruslapio View Post
                        It looks like it's not a simple caveman setup like "connect eeprom to board and flash", it needs resistors, diodes, and without a proper pcb it will be a flimsy mess, so I give up and will just buy a proper CH341A + tools.

The listing I'm buying from only lists compatibility to 25Q64BV and 25Q64FW, will it not work with 25Q64FV?
                        Depending on the software you have for the ch341a i would use version 1.30 just ignore the orientation of the ic in the programmer picture and use the location on pin1 on your programmer. Click on detect in software and it will give you options to identify the flash ic. Just select closest to the flash ic you have. It will programme the flash ic up correctly. If you are going to programme regularly then you will need and adapter to convert to SOP8 to DIP8 get the wide 200mil one otherwise ic will not fit in the adapter! Don't buy the clip as it gives unreliable results if you are using in circuit without removing the flash ic!

Comment

Re: Reprogram Philips 32PFL3008D Winbond EEPROM with ATMEGA328P

The CH341A arrived today, took 10 minutes to figure out and program the 25Q64 using AsProgrammer. Thank you lotas and cheeky2 for pointing out the need for a proper programmer.

I was wrong about the panel version, there's two, TPVISION and ENVISION, mine was an TPVISION model but couldn't find the .bin for that (I have both now), so I used ENVISION, only problem was that the resolution was wrong and pixelated, plus the screen was upside down, using a USB flash drive .bin update for tpvision renamed to envision, it worked, TV is fine, thank you all.
                          Attached Files

Comment

In TV Philips, you can change your panel using the remote control by code.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well, the sticker says "Option code: NA", and the universal remote I'm using doesn't emit any output using the "return" button when configured to Philips TV, I tried using menu 1 9 9 9 return.

Comment

This is where the xxx code comes in. But you need an original remote control.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by lotas; 12-06-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X