Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software to analyze Video RAM faults on graphics cards?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Software to analyze Video RAM faults on graphics cards?

This doesn't work for me
    I used the disk genius and restored the partitions to a 320Gb HD - all that went OK but when I put the drive on my GPU test rig and boot from it, I don't get the screen shown in the video - I get a load of gobbledegook

First lines are
    [firmware bug] TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata: please update microcode to version 0x22 (or later)
    acpiphp_ibm: ibm_acpi_init: acpi_walk_namespace failed
    Booting TinyLinux 20.10
    Error: initrd version 20.10 does not match TinyLinux version 18.07

The first error - please update microcode - I can google and it tells me to update my BIOS but I already have the latest BIOS Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 BIOS version F12

I found this link regards this error - the only solution I seem able to do is the first one
    https://linuxpip.org/fix-tsc-deadline-error/

Solution 1: The BIOS is up to date

Solution 2: I tried SHIFT and ESC. I get a different text screen but it still has the TSC_DEADLINE error at the top. It also says 'failed to map register memory space' and 'service commands failed to start'. This means nothing to me unfortunately. What does a GRUB screen look like anyway?

Solution 3.
    Doesn't work. I don't know much about Linux, but cd /etc takes me to the etc folder. However using 'ls' command in etc shows there is no dierctory called apt and no file called sources.list

If I type sudo apt install intel-microcode it says
    sudo:apt: command not found

Solution 4: does not seem to apply to my situation

Solution 5: as far as I can tell the RTC is set correctly

The other two errors I googled but didn't really find anything useful.

It really annoys me when I find a help page for a problem and in itself the help page just presents me with more problems!!! GRRRRRR

OK OK it is probably me that is in error and not the downloaded images. So what am I doing wrong here? And why isn't the answer to that obvious from the so called help pages? And you would think the creator of the video might have mentioned some of this stuff...
    Last edited by dicky96; 11-18-2021, 09:43 AM.
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Hi, i could download it yesterday, with the worst connection of the world, took 5 hours, with chrome, and its downloaded OK, ill try it maybe tonight and will tell you if it is like the King says or if I have any problem.

My computer has 32GB of RAM, I dont know if it is why I could download it without problems. (windows 10 and last Chrome)
      Last edited by foshland; 11-18-2021, 10:50 AM. Reason: bad english, bad words

Comment

I've followed the installation process again - I think possibly I messed it up first time as I set all four partitions (including the unused one) to primary.

When I tried to look at the disk, the 60Gb partition didn't have a drive letter in windows

My other suspicion is the CPU on my test rig isn't compatible with the version of Linux in the images?? It's a 4th gen i-something fitted at the moment but I can't remember if it is an i3 or a Pentium gold of some sort. Or my motherboard BIOS (latest one is from 2015) is too old? I'll try the new install tomorrow and also check what CPU it has.

It would be interested to know who else has this working here, and what hardware they are using to run it.
        Follow me on YouTube
        ------------------
        Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Running it on 6th gen celeron.

Comment

For some reason this doesn't work for me. My GPU test rig has a G3220 CPU so I changed it for a i3-4130 but that made no difference

I also tried on another PC which has a B250 chipset motherboard and G3900 CPU but that gave a different load of errors mostly about files not found

I have 8gb ram in both PCs - is that the problem?

Can anyone confirm if this software will actually run if there is not a compatible GPU (not on the listed ram test models) in the PC?

In the mean time I'll try again with a different hard drive

Cheers
            Follow me on YouTube
            ------------------
            Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

It should run fine with your G3900 and 8GB RAM.

Make a screenie from where you are stuck.
              FYI, I've tested RX models which are not shown there aswell so it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
                [firmware bug] TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata: please update microcode to version 0x22 (or later)
                acpiphp_ibm: ibm_acpi_init: acpi_walk_namespace failed
                Shouldn't matter.

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
                Error: initrd version 20.10 does not match TinyLinux version 18.07
                Error is clearly here. Haven't checked the image though so dunno if it's correct or not.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I took another hard drive and tried again. I follow the instructions as per the Kings Overkill video and everything goes like he describes. Once I restored the three partitions from the downloaded images, I try to boot my GPU test rig from the HDD but it does not work the way that is shown in the YT video

Here is a screenshot of exactly what I get. I don't get that screen saying wait some seconds for GRUB and I don't get the 1/2/3 test menu like in the YT video.

Can one of you guys with more knowledge of linux help me to get it working? I don't understand this stuff sorry but I do know how to follow the instructions, not that this helped me so far
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dicky96; 11-23-2021, 12:50 PM.
                  Follow me on YouTube
                  ------------------
                  Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Hi, at that point put "ls"
                    it will shoy you a list of directories, choose one depending on card and put "cd that directory". Once in there, put "./mats -e 10" and enter, after that, for having a report, put "nano report.txt" and enter. Hope this help, It happens to me same as to you, it doesnt open the menu so i have to go into it manually.

All this info, gotten from here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yBJ_YxCEzg

minute 5:18

hope it helps

Comment

And now I found that you should configure PC BIOS to legacy, not UEFI, then the menu starts (at least for me)
                      Last edited by foshland; 12-22-2021, 01:53 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Hi Guys, I have downloaded all the files, and they extract from rar correctly w/o errors, but I have an issue with DiskGenius, as with the 3'rd partition it gives me multiple errors somewhere during the partition restoration process.

Tried some previous versions of DiskGenius, but same or even a worse behaviour.

Also deinstalled bitdefender, but does not change. Extraction from rar is correct, so the image file schould be OK.
                        The disk however boots, and I get the menu, but trying to start eg AMD option stalls somewhere during the loading proces. Disk is an samsung evo sata ssd 256mb.

Do you have an idea what to do or what can be the problem ?

Attached Files
                        Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-04-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Hi, I did it with diskgenius 5.4.2.1239 X64 version (the last version on the web), with the disk in a usb case and for running it on the testing PC in no usb case, just sata connection.

I know a lot of people had problems with the part 3, as it is the biggest one, can you try to download it again? I think if winrar doesnt give you errors you should be fine, but you know, maybe its corrupted someway

(did you try to boot in legacy mode instead of AHCI?)

Comment

Hi, thats the same DG version I used also first time. I believe the problem is in the fact, that I connected the drive to SATA port, not via USB. Ordered now such a box, and will try again on Friday.
                            Regrading the menu, I also did not get it at first time, I had to change the boot order on the mobo to the disk itself as the first priority, then the menu was loading easily in UEFI mode. Legacy I think I tried once, but w/o success, I will try it again. I had also to try several boards, now an ASRock H110 board seems to work, with ASUS H110 I had issues with ACPI compatibility. Read somewhere ASUS does not care so much about Linux compatibility in regards to ACPI implementation.
                            Regarding the third file, it has downloaded again during the night, and has same length as the previous copy of the file. The length of the extracted pmf file in explorer is 33 807 163 KB, so it seems to be complete. Maybe you can check also your length with my.
                            Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-05-2022, 03:11 AM.

Comment

I'll check mine and get back to you asap.

Comment

Hi,

finally I got this disk running, I downloaded the third file again, and it could be restored with DiskGenius w/o errors. I have compared both files by byte, and it seems despite the first file had same lenght, it was different to the new one somewhere at 15GB. Now it boots w/o a problem, and AMD testing is also running.

Important is to set the disk itself as primary boot in the mobo BIOS, otherwise some single partition will boot and no menu comes.

It makes no difference if the disk is connected during restoring via SATA inteface or via USB and USB disk box.

My board I tested with is ASROCK H110M DVS with i5-7400 CPU and one 8GB module.

Comment

Originally posted by DynaxSC View Post
                                  Hi,

finally I got this disk running, I downloaded the third file again, and it could be restored with DiskGenius w/o errors. I have compared both files by byte, and it seems despite the first file had same lenght, it was different to the new one somewhere at 15GB. Now it boots w/o a problem, and AMD testing is also running.

Important is to set the disk itself as primary boot in the mobo BIOS, otherwise some single partition will boot and no menu comes.

It makes no difference if the disk is connected during restoring via SATA inteface or via USB and USB disk box.

My board I tested with is ASROCK H110M DVS with i5-7400 CPU and one 8GB module.
                                  Good to hear! I was about to upload a massive img file lol

Comment

Found a newer version of this, does some older and newer cards. I downloaded it with uTorrent 2.2.1

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4DA375CCCD81A0A4...2897A4211D1128
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                                      anybody knows some software what is good for testing older cards?
                                      For example: HD 5850, HD 4850

Comment

If anyone is having problems with the 32GB 3.rar file then you can try download it from my google drive.

I split it the third file into 4 parts of around 8Gb each. Just download all parts to the same folder then right click on 3.part1.rar and use WinRAR to unpack it and it will reconstruct the whole file

Of course you need WinRAR installed to do this but it is free to download.

1.rar
                                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eDV...ew?usp=sharing

2.rar
                                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEt...ew?usp=sharing

3.part1.rar
                                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ten...ew?usp=sharing

3.part2.rar
                                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qTT...ew?usp=sharing

3.part3.rar
                                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zy6...ew?usp=sharing

3.part4.rar
                                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uOP...ew?usp=sharing
                                        Follow me on YouTube
                                        ------------------
                                        Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Originally posted by Bozog View Post
                                          Found a newer version of this, does some older and newer cards. I downloaded it with uTorrent 2.2.1

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4DA375CCCD81A0A4...2897A4211D1128
                                          I have tried this one and all the tools work like charm except for windows 10 4 test. did you get this one working? When i click on the windows 10 for test it throw's an error so if i click on Enter or F8 does not do anything and shows the same error page again. Is there a change in the bios setting that is required? i watched the video available and saw that he selects the IGPU from the BIOS settings and i have that selected but seams like it does not make a difference for me even if i have no graphic card installed. If i install new version of windows in the partition for windows 10 it changes the config file and the grub is lost. So i have to restore the 1.pmf to get the grub menu back again but i loose the window 10 boot again. Currently i have windows 10 installed on a separate drive and use this for testing. My current setup is RAM testing tools on one drive and windows 10 on a different drive. Can anyone shed some light if you have tried this new version and got windows 10 to work from the grub menu.
                                          Last edited by frazerxavier; 01-17-2022, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X