This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello My name is Kevin. I have been working in electronics since the mid 60's. If it had wires i worked on it. The changes in technology have been amazing to say the least,and bad caps have always been an issue but with today's demanding applications and all the manufacture's trying to make a profit it become an epidemic. I am glad i found this site and hope i can contribute as much as i learn.

Comment

Hello there, I just wanted to say hello and also thank you. This forum has helped me with a lot of issues in electronic stuff. So, guys, keep up the great work. You all rock!

Comment

Hi, I'm an Electrical Engineer in Vancouver Canada. I have made the bold transition from systems design to Sales but recently two things happened that resulted in my participation her.

First, I've always repaired my own electronics since high school, but recently my townhouse complex has had "spring cleanings" where i have been rescuing electronics from the dump. But that left 9-10 months out of the year where i had no projects but still wanted to help keep good electronics out of the landfill.

Then, on taking some scrap computers parts leftover from a spring cleaning to the recycler, I discovered the recycler also has community and volunteer programs teaching people real-world computer skills. i wanted to help, and eventually found their pile of non-working LCDs which has been growing faster than i can fix them.

This forum has been a tremendous help in getting those LCDs turned around for them so they can be given to volunteers, schools, or provided to low-income families. Many people have asked if this was a side business or suggested it become one, but being able to give selflessly while minimizing waste and maintaining my electronics knowledge is far more rewarding than the minor profits from LCD refurbishment.

Comment

Hello My name is Mark. I am tring to fix a FPD2485W or Gateway LP2407 and think members of this community may be able to help me.

Comment

Hello ALL!!
            Its not often to find a furum that is loaded with technical junkies. I can see i will be spending lots of time reading. In the the automotive field for over 25 years Certified Master Tech and trainer. So when something is broke I love the challenge of repairing it.

Comment

Hello, First off I want to say a big "Thank You" to all the skilled folks on this forum for sharing your knowledge so graciously. I'm a relative newbie in the electronics field, but my job in hotel maintenance is now asking me to fix flatscreen tv's. I have already learned TONS of info in just a couple of days of browsing the forum. Thanks again guys!

Comment

Hi everybody ,

I'm Ed, from the Philippines , .

I've been into electronics since i was in High School at St.Martin Technical Institute.( 1970 !!! L.O.L.), made a Crystal set radio copied from the free electronics booklet handed out by Eveready battery company .

I was in first year when i did my first re-cap on a neighbor's portable Sanyo cassette player , with a non- standard sized cassette tape ( Sanyo copied the Philips cassette shell design but made the cassette shell a few centimeters bigger, perhaps to skirt the patent issue . ). all caps were suzuki ( if i remeber them right ) and they were all dried up .

My friend was very happy with the repair.

I'm still an electronics hobbyist and tinkerer up to now .

Thanks !!!!

Comment

Hello, I´m a Spanish guy that want increase my little knowledge on electronics repair and I think here is the best place for it.

Sorry by my english

Thanks.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi my names Brandon. I'm 31 and I live in Vancouver, WA. I am a field service tech for an NDT company mostly doing repairs on X-ray equipment. I am in the process of fixing my tv and came across this forum. I started reading trough a thread and it definetally saprked an interest. This is my first post EVER in any forum, so we'll see how it goes. I feel like there is alot that can be learned here and am excited to participate.

Comment

Now that I finally saw the notice about rule changes and read I have to make a post before I can access my profile, I will. I go by the handle Coinhunter because I am an avid treasure hunter who loves to tinker with televisions, computers and other such stuff. I earned the handle because I usually find between 3 and 4 thousand coins annually. Last year and this year have been mighty slim in production because of my wife's sickness and taking care of her leaves me little time to hunt. I found this site by Goggling the repair of a lcd monitor last year and it worked beautifully after re-capping it. Now I am on a new quest for a Magnavox TV. If anyone has questions about metal detecting feel free to contact me as I have 20 plus years experience and I am deeply involved in our local treasure hunter's club. By the way I am 60 years old, a retired staff engineer from the Y-12 nuclear weapons plant, live in Dolly Parton country of hills and valleys, and am the webmaster and forum moderator for our club's website.
                        Last edited by Coinhunter; 07-30-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Hi, I am Duncan Lin from Taiwan.My favorite nba player is Tim duncan.
                          Poor English,and not easy exactly explain what i think.Sorry about this.
                          happy to join this forum.

Comment

Hi, names Andy 45 years old and live in Derby in the UK, currently I am recapping a TV and a monitor when I came across the forum and promptly joined.
                            Interests Home electronic's.
                            Thanks for letting me join.

Comment

Hello, I'm Fredric, 38 years old and an Electronics Engineer in Sweden. I work as a Service Engineer at a PCB manufacturer. Mostly repairing and replacing stuff, upgrading and trying to stay ahead of break downs.
                              Do the same on my spare time, like to tinker with busted or almost broken stuff and almost never give up. ;-)
                              This seems to be a nice place to be, found this forum when looking at a broken PSU in a PowerMac G5. Seems like that's in the works, just got to get the parts from DigiKey.

Other than that I'm in to videogame collecting, have also programmed and built lots of carts for the old 70's Fairchild System. Other than that it's mostly C64 but VIC-20 and Amiga as well as more modern systems.

Comment

Hi Everybody. I found this sight looking for info on my benq monitor's power supply board.

Comment

Hi My name is Estêvao im from Portugal. I´m facing bad caps on my mobo its still working but for training I will fix it (or at least try) i've nothing to loose and googling arround I get to this forum. As i'm computer repair enthusiast I like to be always learning and here as far has I can see we can learn good things.
                                  Great forum keep up the good work.

Comment

Hello, everyone
                                    I'm Khurram mughal, 33 years old and an Electronics learner kid in Pakistan .
                                    And i found this forum best to learning some stuff
                                    Thanxxx

Comment

Well hello fellow techs.They call me the infamousbomber. I am estatic to of found this forum. The knowledge here is very abundant and i look forward to furthering my ability to fix electronics / computers ect.

Comment

New to this site, but 35 years of electronics repair experience. Nostly concentrated on Audio gear, but have worked on TVs, Plasma sets (from the beginning), broadcast video cameras and associated video gear. Looking to help resolve issues here and keep my skills sharp.

Dan

Comment

Hi Guys. Found your forum while looking for problem info on Tannoy Reveal 6D's. Seem's I have an affliction for acquiring various bits of busted kit from all over the place. Just got a pair of 6D's for a song and am looking forward to getting them delivered and fixing them up. After reading Midibobs threads I think I had better get my glue scraper out! I was a development engineer for 10 years but mutated into a CAD engineer on Altium and Inventor so I should be able to sort them... "what is all this SPUDif stuff anyhow". I don't normally do forums but this all looks light hearted but still businesslike. I hope this appears in the right place. Cheers for now.

Comment

Working...
                                          X