X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

Found the site when looking up info about fixing my dell, decided to stick around a bit.

Thai

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Discovered this site while looking for a fix to my newly acquired Panasonic TC-P42S1 with the infamous 10 blanks code.

Comment

helo

Comment

Hi guys

Comment

New guy here with westinghouse trouble. Looks like a helpful place.

Comment

Hi guys,

I found this site when I was looking up some caps that I have and found the members to be helpful so I joined.

Comment

hey guys
                i found this site while trying to get help with my vizio tv( sound no picture), I am a retired telephone company repairman and local 3 IBEW tech. i have a rather small amount of knowledge about electronics, i came here to gain more

Comment

Found this Forum whils looking for some info on a samsung TV Panel and found just what I needed - great stuff.
                  I started messing around with electics and electronics as a kid, making radio control gear for model when it was unafordable. My hobby led to a 35year career with a certain large computer manufacturer fixing eveything from 1960s kit with valves in it to large mainframe systems. Have always fixed radios, TVs and cars, anything elecro mechanical.
                  Now retired, fix quite a few PCs/Laptops for friends and family, just like the technical callenge of finding the problem and if possible why it went wrong and can it be improved.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Dustin, and I am here to learn about component level board repair. I look forward to networking with others, and extending my knowledge on this subject.

Comment

Hey, I'm Mark.

I've been a lurker on here for a while now, so wanted to start contributing too

Comment

Hi, I'm Rick. I've used this forum several times for component level repair of (mainly) laptops. My background is in mechanical engineering but as a hobby I've been trying to teach myself some electronics skills. For now I'm using the experience on this forum to help me fix stuff. I hope I'll be able to help someone myself sometime soon.

Comment

Hello friends in the field;

I do have laptop repair shop for living. It begun with just laptop parts replacements, and end up on chip level troubleshooting. I ve followed a chip level training from one the famous institute in India, they are much of at the moment. It gave me the basics. And now I m trying to find my way on this.
                          As background study; I m graduated in Medical polytechnic in 1995, then a post study as a software engineer. Worked for more then 12 years as a firmware engineer. Then stopped for a while. after 2 years I decide to go back to the university. This time to become a teacher. In one year I could take the diploma and work as a teacher for two years in the Computer world. After 2 years I must again go out for the ring. This time it didn t took me long to pass on the next movement. To be my own boss as a laptop repair shop service.
                          I m very active on facebook, I share as much as I can with other. I do have a big community that is interested in this word, following me on my facebook pages and groups.
                          Just type on google laptop chip level help or chip level teaching group then you can join.

Comment

Hello,

I am following this forum for a while now. Glad to join.

Comment

Nice Forum ... Been doing electrical repairs for a living .. 20yrs in. Its Nice to be able to compare work and tips n tricks

Hi All I'm Danny

Comment

Hey, l'm Shawn

Forum looks great! I'm new to all of this but loving it. Eager to learn and contribute.

Hope all is well, sdm

Comment

Hi, I'm a wage-slave technician for a small scientific equipment maker. I recently took up repairs of various stuff, mostly consumer electronics, as preparation for retirement...got to keep the remaining neurons firing.

I found Badcaps while surfing for service info for a Pioneer receiver that I paid full whack for when new 18 months ago and which surendered while being barely pushed. I'm rapidly realising that that I may have done my dough! Best lesson ever...don't buy rubbish!

Roj.
                                  Old enough to know better

Comment

Hi All. This looks like a good community. Am retired after 25 years service, then 20 years programming/systems design. whew! i am re-tired.

Anyway I get asked from time to time for assistance in servicing some of this newer stuff that I am not familiar with. Sooo, a site like this is very welcomed. Perhaps I will be of help on some of the ancient stuff that I'm more familiar with.

In the mean time, Thank You for everyone that contributes their time and expertise.

Comment

Re: Oh...what the hey.....

Hey there super-moderator, I am kind of a PC dumba$$. How in the heck do you post here?
                                      I've got the old Samsung power and clicking issue in a LN46A540P2FXZA. Everthinf is visually excellent. What is a good avenue of approach?
                                      Thanks,
                                      Bill

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have zero real skill with electronics, but it bugs me to no end to throw out something that I think could be fixed. I'm willing to ruin the manicure so long as I learn something useful in the process.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Plenty of great information on here. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post and share their knowledge/experience. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X