This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone! I hope someone will be able to tell me if I have bad caps or a bad TV.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi and that I look forward to learning from you all.
      I appreciate any help you all can offer.

Comment

Hey all, I'm just trying to get used to this awesome site. I believe I've come to the right place to learn about repairing electronics. I've always been an enthusiast. I have my BS in IS/IT and also studied EE along the way. I've recently branched out from fixing just computers to TV's and Xboxs. Would love any help you guys can offer as I have hit my first snag. Hope to be able to start a new thread soon so I can get some advice. Thanks!

Comment

Hey everybody.. new to the site. Joined up to get some information on my semi broken Samsung PN64D7000f. Intermittent. Anyways I'll be posting!

Comment

Hello...
            Thanks that i've found a forum like this site that helps others like me who's having problem in their unit and can't solve it due to lack of experience... though some of us has knowledge in technical issues...
            I also like to help and answer others problem to the best of my knowledge and experience...
            I am not yet an expert and is still learning and exploring stuff that I don't know but with this site and the help of you guys... I am sure to learn a lot from a novice to masters out here... hehe...

thanks... ^_^ chow!

Comment

Hi, I'm Jake from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Similarly to most of you, I enjoy fixing things that break and enjoy tearing things apart and (trying) to put them back together. My day job is on the management side of software development but I've been into anything and everything technology since as far back as I can remember.
              I've been doing electronics repair to LCD tv's for about 5 years now and have also worked on a handful of mobile devices too. I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing the knowledge I have on this great forum. A big thank you to Topcat and all of the admins/mods here!

Comment

hey guys i'm from philippines an aspiring technician. i love searching for guides for electronic repairing..

Comment

Hello Everyone!!

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post and share their knowledge!!

Comment

Of course, here I am brand new to the site and 0 dark 30, researching an issue with a great TV that I got for free. (posted more detail on it in the great scores thread). If I can't find the exact issue, I may start a new thread, but I've already picked up a ton of troubleshooting tips on this site.

Thanks all.

Comment

Hey all, I'm new to the whole self repairing electronics scene. I found a tv next to the stairs in my apartment buildings and couldn't help opening it up to see what was causing it to not work. And from that point I just started to enjoy learning these new things that would probe useful for situations like that. I'm happy to be apart of this wonderful community and hope to be as helpful to others as this forum as helped me.

Comment

hi guys, im an electrician who thinks he can fix anything with power. not true. although i have had success fixing my Samsung 42 inch(bad caps). my first computer was the trusty commodore 64 too. just for games though space taxi and test drive mainly(wonder if they still look good). hope you guys can help me out on any issues.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I was delighted to find this forum. I have done a lot of work with computer and phones, TV repair is new to me, so still learning. Thanks for all the great content.

Comment

Heya,

1 <3 badcaps.net! I'd been told about it many times, and had a quick glance a few times, but today it looks like I might be taking a look at a LG M228WD at a "restart party":
                            http://therestartproject,org/
                            http://www.meetup.com/Restarters-Lon...nts/220328823/
                            so thought I'd get a peak at the attachments.

a bit more about me:
                            http://therestartproject.org/restart...file-meet-ten/
                            http:/tenyen.net/

thank-you!
                            http://tenyen.net/

Comment

Hello friends, my name is krai, i am 49 years still working as self employed in Bangkok Thailand, will share everything i know if been asked to do so,
                              have a good day and enjoy reballing!!

Comment

Hi everybody, Thanks a lot for create this excellente website, and all the people that is implicated with... I live in Veracruz, Mexico. I made a career of Electronic Engineer in 2007, I am a little delayed with my degree I just finished the classrooms but not get the Phd... Honestly the matematicians level calsses was big than me and I lose control about it... In Maxwells Laws electromagentic fiedl I realized that... LOL.. and afeter try different jobs in other areas not electronic I decide definitly to integrate me in the career That I have chosed. Thank you so much. The key is just follow the line and keep focus what you want to do.

Comment

New ,hope find here answer
                                  Thanks

Comment

hi. I'm new...trying to fix a friends tv...

Comment

I have no idea if I'm doing this right , I am not a forum junkie but I sure do read a lot of them ,, My Name is J.D I am kind of retired. But work everyday fixing TV's and Computers. I've been doing this sort of thing since I was 8 years old. Fixing things. I actually was very lucky to start in this business in 1978 when the Silicon Valley was in it's finest hours, I know Steve and Steve , casually , and I moved Overnight Freight between the Valley and L.A. for 24 years ,, got rich ,, went broke ( divorce) and ended up in the Central Valley ,, ok this is enough ,, I live and work in Fresno and need a bunch of help,, I really believe in the power of TECH's that help each other ,, I count on it and am always available to any tech with a problem ,l,, So , that being said my number is 559 991 3744 , and if I don't know it,, I probably know someone who does,, LOL thanks
                                      jd

Comment

Hi all,
                                        Live in Australia on the Gold Coast and just stumbled upon this great forum while googling for a panasonic tv fault code and it looks pretty cool.

I started out late with computers getting my first in 1998 but fell in love with the suckers.

For a hobby I now build the occasional desktop and like to repair (or attempt to repair) laptops...windows and macbooks.

Who am I kidding?...I try to repair anything...fortunately I have more hits than misses with my repair attempts.

Anyhow, thanks for a terrific forum

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I have been into computers since the late '80's. I have worked for a couple of computer repair shops, and have owned one myself for a few years. I have also worked on about every other consumer grade electronic device that I can think of. I have fixed several, and have also caused a few to generate smoke. I appreciate all of the hard work and information here. I live in KY, USA.

Comment

Working...
                                          X