X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Originally posted by Camac View Post
    Hi. New guy here. Trying to repair Panasonic Tc-p50s30.
    Have had minimal experience with this type of repair. More so in automotive field.
    Have pinpointed short at sc board.
    Unable to find a new or refurbished board anywhere. We'll I shouldn't say anywhere. I did find a ridiculously priced board in the states (I live in canada) but they would not ship to canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sorry should mention. Board is tnpa5351AM. 2sc
    Thanks.

Comment

Hello!

Great forum. I'm a DIY guy with an electronics background and was NASA certified for soldering space flight components at one point in my past. Anyway I do mostly computer systems engineering nowadays but still like to tinker.

I registered because I'm attempting to fix a Philips LCD TV, Model 42PFL3704D/F7 S/N YA2A0945016335

The unit works for a while and then the backlight goes off.

Comment

Hi, I have read many of your posts and am impressed with your knowledge of Plasma tvs. I have a Samsung PN58C550GIF / PN58C550GIFXZA PURCHSAE IN Feb 2011. Set working well until I heard a pop and then no picture but sounf works as do all controls
        I checked the power supply by jumping the PS_on onto ground and the VS_on to +5v and all voltages check out. I checkd as many of the Mosfets s possible and they seem to work. I changed the X-min, Y-main and both Y-buffer boards with no help. The LED on the control board gives an error message: on 5 secs and off 1 sec. I get a very brief flash of light pattern on the screen(off center) when first turned on then nothing. I do not notice a glow in a dark room. Finally I jumped the power supply on and left the boards hooked up and still no picture.
        Any thoughts? Thanks very much in advance!!
        Ed

Comment

Hello)

Comment

Hi everyone.
            I'm Fernando. I am from Portugal. I am an English teacher and I teach here at a local High School. Although I am a teacher I am very keen on all technical stuff. I have learnt about refrigeration, home appliances and electronics through some literature that I have acquired and through online sites and videos. So I have joined to learn all I can and also to help anyone if I can. That is it for now. We will see each other around.
            Fernando

Comment

Hey everyone, new member here

I've recently started learning some front-end programming and found this place. Glad to be a part of this community and am looking forward to asking stupid questions

Comment

Hello,

I work for a company in New Jersey and we are looking for buyers of broken screen LCD/Plasma TVs. We collect in the Tri-State area and our current TV buyers are at capacity and unable to take more TVs at this time. We do not make a list or separate the TVs, we simply stack 32" and up flat screen/broken screen TVs on pallets 18 to 20 high and sell them. If anyone is interested in buying a pallet or truck load of TVs please PM me. Ideally you are in the Tri-State area and have the ability to take a truck load 10 to 24 pallets at at time. The price is negotiable and as an indicator probably it would work out to be less than 50 cents per inch plus shipping.

These are not store returns
                most have bases
                estimate that one TV per pallet has been previously opened
                some have been exposed to the weather/left outside
                All makes and models, a wide variety of TVs
                Depending on your location we may be able to deliver for a fee

Thank you

Comment

I was told in a pm that I have to post here.. I have a question.. Does anyone here know how to flash a bios dump to Samsung np300e5c
                  FatherOf~5ive

Comment

Hello, looking forward in learning a lot on component level repair

Comment

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I just registered here to get help on fixing a 50" Samsung Plasma HP s5053. But I will first look up and search any previous post of anything/repaired/solved issues about this TV here before posting a New Thread.

I love doing DIY on electronics: Computers (desktop/Laptop), household Appliances. But never had the chance to work on TV's (Plasma or LED) not until today. I got this Samsung 50" plasma HP S5053 or HPS5053/XAA TV for free couple of days ago. So I do need some advice and help trying to fix this TV. Will post a thread if I couldn't find any previous post with the same issue on this TV.

Thank you for the time reading and have a great day to all!

Comment

Hey, I go by Jim. I have been working with computer builds since DOS was all there was. Spent the last 6 years doing computer forensics. Having problems with a TV and am going to post a question.

Comment

Hi

I have been messing with computers since 1979(ish). ZX81, apple ][, Vic20 (still have this complete with tape drive and some mag listings). Worked on PDPs, north stars advantages and dimensions, Dec mates, all sorts of Dec kit etc... programmed in lots of languages worked on networks big and the inevitable friends and family small networks. I have done years of hardware maintenance but not much with a soldering iron. In recent times due to an organisation change I have now had to leave it all behind and just become a user without admin privileges, sweat numbers and chase people not as much fun.

I still get a kick from diy especially fixing things. My kids were really impressed when I repaired the induction hob for 12euros rather than the bin it opinion a professional gave. They used to be easier to impress them!

My current project is my flat screen tv, the back light goes after a few seconds and I really don't want to bin it.

After that I have a very old table from my gran uncle that I want to renovate.

I don't have a lot of the lingo and my kit is basic but that should make the learning all the better.

John

Comment

I am pretty nooby when it comes to anything component level other than pcs although I have no "real" experience I was raised around electronics, mostly joined the forum to gain more knowledge about "everything" I can as I would love to be in a field doing component level repairs/tinkering.

Comment

Hey everyone! I found this site while trying to figure out how to fix my Panasonic TC-P58S2.

Comment

Hi everyone I am Rob out the Netherlands, so I am following this site for a long time and there is lot of useful information thanks a lot there for.

Comment

Hi my name is Chuck. I've been working with computers for 30 years mostly as a programmer/analyst/consultant. I've done a little electronic repair here and there, but I'm really pretty new to component level repair. My recent conquests are a Porsche A/C control board and a GM gauge cluster. My current project is a Panasonic plasma TV.

Comment

I'm working on a Panasonic TC-P50S1 TNPA4782 SC board. I ran in to the same problem finding boards. I did find board repair services on eBay for around $100. After many visual inspections trying to find a bad capacitor, I finally found a blown 471 F choke coil at position L699 on the board.

Comment

Hello
                                      I am new here. I am an antenna engineer

Comment

Hello,
                                        I am a new member here. I am an antenna engineer.

Comment

hello, I'm Brazilian 31 years.
                                          I am technician in computer science and electronics.
                                          currently work in repair playstation consoles and xbox, specializing in bga solder.

Comment

Working...
                                          X