This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, I have a Panasonic plasma that is of no use to me broken, so I'm looking into the potential that this may be a future project.

Comment

Hello, I live in Washington state and I am trying to fix a plasma tv that has sound but no picture.

Comment

Hi everyone. Currently in Japan. Enjoy tinkering with electronics and came across this site. What a great resource!

Comment

well here I go with the intro.

Well I am not really good at introducing myself but I a in the military, been for 8 years. I am studying for a bachalors in it. I really like the idea of soldering and hardware so may be changing my degree plan. I am actually here to learn more about computers because I have lost some knowledge since my first computer windows 3.0 so really that's all I can think of so peace see you all in the funny papers.

Comment

hello
            im new member from Croatia
            Very intersting forum
            lot of knowledge
            Br
            Dark

Comment

Hi ALL-
              I live in Virginia and just joined today after finding the site when looking for a fix for an apparent POS Emerson TV and found a good thread here that described similar problems. I was feeling good after my recent success with a Samsung that had capacitor plague....but I'm not sure I'll be as fortunate with the Emerson/Funai.
              I've got a technical background but more mechanical (some electrical) than electronics - but have had reasonable success with several tries thanks to so many experts out there willing to help. Had not seen this site before - definitely glad to find it!

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                I'm currently living in Fullerton, CA. I have a Vizio VX42LVW42L HDTV10A that's has no display (back light lights up but no lights). I found this site and am hoping to find information on how to fix it.
                Thanks,
                Chris

Comment

Hello everyone, from the Boise, ID area.

Comment

hello

Comment

HI,

I am khan and would like to start getting repair advise on laptops.

Comment

Hello,

I am french student. I found this site and I hope it will help me to solve my problems.
                        I am happy to see a great community.

Rlp

Comment

Hello,

New on forum, got 7 blinks Panasonic VT30 so got intressed in this forum.

Seems to be a great forum, thanks from Sweden

Comment

Hello, I am having some trouble with my Samsung LCD TV. I have read about the capacitor-lawsuit and my TV qualifies. Unfortunately I missed the window.

I opened the TV and replaced one bad capacitor, but my problem still remains.

Comment

Hi to everybody ,I have just joined your site today and I am mightily impressed I am originally from Scotland but have lived in England for the last 32 years I am very new to the site guys so go easy on me lol

Comment

Greetings. Found a reference here to my flaky LG monitor. I also have a few old motherboards that need caps.

Thanks for running this site!

Comment

Hello to everyone,

I have some bad power supplies for a few viewsonic monitors. They where going out around the same time. Found references on the forums of the same models I'm having trouble with.

Nice little community you have here!

Comment

Afternoon everyone! My name is Mark Hoggard, and i just signed up for this forum to check out some attachments that would help me repair my TV. After browsing a bit i realized how awesome it is and plan to use it more often. I currently work in at the US Naval academy in the systems engineering technical support department. Good to meet you all!

Comment

Hi to all,
                                      I am from the Netherlands. Someone gave me a defect Philips TV.
                                      It is a 42PFL7403D / 10
                                      But it is of no use with all electrolytic capacitors out on the power supply board.
                                      My Q is can somebody let me know the values needed on this board?
                                      Or a link to a service manual would be great!

I look forward to a long relationship with this site and its members!

Thx and regards,

Ikbits

Comment

Hi all

Im Andy, 34 in the uk. I am an electrical engineer in the manufacturing industry. I have been doing electronics since I was 10 but these days it's more of a hobby. I don't have contact with any skilled fault finders in the domestic electronics field, so hopefully that's about to change

Comment

I'm Wayne but everyone calls me Night. I work for an Aerospace company in WA and have been in electronics since the 70's. I have several Dell monitors that I acquired with different symptoms and hoping to get some help here to repair them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X