This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm Carlos Luna from Mexico, I'm 28 years old, I'm an electronics engineer and I work on power supply repair, design, and DIY home projects.

I know it's going to be helpful to have a subscription on this forum, and I hope I can help somebody out there too.

Comment

Hello Everyone!
      My name is Jim and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I am conducting LCD monitor repairs as a hobby and recently I've started working on the occasional LCD or plasma TV.
      I look forward to the support offered by the folks in this forum.
      Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello my name is Melisa and I'm just trying to get some insight on repairing my plasma

Comment

Hi
          My name is Mario and I am from Edmonton, Canada. I hope to get more knowledge here as well as share what I already know. Cheers.

Comment

I'm Steve from Burlington, VT. I have 40-some-odd years of electronics technical and repair experience. Hoping to get my recently-departed Samsung 2493hm back and running. I think it's a "yellow glue" arcing problem, since it smells like burned phenolic and has no bulging caps.

Comment

Hi, Brad from Harrisburg, PA. I'm currently working on fixing a vizio tv.

Comment

Have been lurking without signing up at this forum for quite a while and i decided i have to this forum is far too interesting.I have learned a lot from capacitors from badcaps.net, i used to think that any cap will do for anything and that Lelon capacitors was ok for anything, boy was i wrong in the last year i have replaced as many cheap knockoff caps as i could...

My formal education is in computer information systems technology i am attempting a bachelor's degree in IT and hoping to get a job in IT or at least computer technician, im not too good at programming but i am good at diagnosing problems...and networking,i hope i can be of help to someone

yes my username is a reference to a character who's awesome in Borderlands2 so thats where i got it from btw.
                Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

Hello, I am new to the Badcaps Forum, but look forward to reading all kinds of interesting and knowledgable posts. I graduated college in 2001 with a Masters degree in Eletrical and Computer Engineering. I'm here at this site to learn more information on consumer electronics and repair procedures. My first project will be to repair my LG 50PK550 plasma screen TV. Excited!

Comment

hello everyone new man here ,just found this site and got a lot of time to look around.
                    home is dumfries, va. have a pavilion a1630n with a cap that is leaking CE3 hope to find out what it does.

Comment

Hello, Dale from Fort Wayne IN. I try to fix everything.

Comment

hi. my name is john. i am from greece(creta). my ocupation is dentist, but i like on my free time to repair laptop.

Comment

Hello, I'm Lafayette , an electronic tech, located in Aiken, SC. Have come across this site a number of times in the past and got helpful information so thought it was time for me to join

Comment

Hey everybody at BadCaps! ...Just taking care of the formalities and dropping a greeting to the forum.

As a boy, I was either pulling my little sisters toys apart or busy with Lego®. More recently in life, I keep myself occupied tinkering with computers and other electronics. I have been working in Information Technology for about the past ten years. I'm pretty persistent and like to understand how things work and find ways to make improvements, and I am a big believer in “If you are going to do a job, do it properly!”

I don't know how I haven't come across this forum before, but I'm glad I found it. It looks like a very valuable resource of information.

Cheers!

Tech Enthusiast - Lojix Net

Intel Core i7 3770K | GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4 | 32GB RAM | Ge-Force 660Ti/OC | Kingston Hyper-X 240GB SSD| Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM​

Web Browsing Powered By Firefox

Comment

Hi everybody,
                              I'm Hey_monkey, i'm very limited in electronic knowledge, but reading some of those threats makes me want to try to fix my TV, what a better motivation to learn that practical case that will make money saving.
                              Listen to you soon.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi, Reno from Waco, TX. Trying my hand at TV repair as mostly a hobby. Got a decent supply of screens at hand.

Thanks for all the info so far!

Comment

Hello! Lost my old log in information so, I had to create a new one! Great site, with great people!

Thanks

Comment

Hi all, my name is shaun and I am in St Louis, Mo. I have about a dozen newer TVs that need repairing so I imagine you will all be hearing a lot from me in the near future. I gambled and bought an auction lot of store returns and par for my course not one of them was in working order. I hope to repair some and hopefully break even. Time will tell.
                                    Thanks in advance everyone for your help. This site is overwhelming packed with info.

Comment

well hello im whats known as The Wizzard in my world ive been around and athrough the Automotive wourld and hvac repair.im 61 years old and still hungry for the electronics expierence. very glad i found you guys here

Comment

Hi there

Comment

hello, i study electronics in engineering course...a lot of theory of physics and maths, so i do repairs to see also the real stuff and how it works. To make thing work again is funny.

Comment

Working...
                                          X