X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone!

I'm a guy from Denmark and I'm here as I have a TV that's in need of care. I plan to get to know more about TVs and other electronics and hopefully soon I'll know enoegh to fix almost anything!

For right now though, I would really like to be able to fix my hopefully "new" TV and be able to explore the world of being able to effectively play split screen PS3 games and 3D movies. I cannot wait

Comment

Hello,

I know about this site from years ago when I was working on a motherboard with bad caps. I'm here now to start a thread about batteries.

Comment

Hello all....
        I found this site researching a TV problem, and good luck due to someone else having the same issue.
        I have an audio repair center for 39 years now, and got into the TV repair bossiness about 6 years ago.
        Hope to visit more often !
        Thanks for having me !

Tom

Comment

Hi all,
          My name is Tom and I have been working on consumer electronics for 30 years, now with that said I feel old,Still have my first Heathkit clock I built as a teenager. I prefer to work on old tube radios and televisions and things that can still be repaired at a component level.

Comment

Hi , my 60PZ950 has just died and i'm here hoping i get to fix it before Game of Thrones starts again!!!!!

Simon Edwards

Comment

Hello My name is brett, i have a toshiba 42sl417 …. my question is … my tv turns on and works but the only things that do not work are the hdmi ports every port on my tv works but those also the hdmi ports are on the same board that all the other ports are on so how is it that the hdmi ports are the only things that do not work i can also tell you that the devices i connect to the hdmi ports on my tv see the tv but its like the tv dose not notice that there is any thing connected to it … do you think that buying a replacement board will fix this issue please help the borad's part number is “V28A001251A1″ and this is what the board looks like that all the ports and hdmi are on http://tvrepairtips.org/files/styles...?itok=Ds18jJw1

Comment

Hi guys! My name is Theo and I want to thanlk you for your good work!

Comment

Hi again. I need your help!
                  I have this MB http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/775i65GV/.
                  I need help to identify 6 caps near CPU. As you can see in the picture, there are 6 blue caps with gold stripe. This MB has no blue caps! SO I need to find their values and put them back!

Thank you!

Comment

Hi All,
                    Great site as I love fixing things.
                    Just got given 2 Toshiba L300s and looks like I can fix them with $10 worth of capacitors!
                    Can't wait to start pulling them apart!!

Comment

hi
                      names Robin from south wales
                      im an engineer surveyor and always taking things apart to repair, recently started repairing tvs as it all started with the famous LG vented caps then moved on to vestel diodes, lol,
                      I enjoy it and its just a hobby but had to join here with recent vestel problems again.
                      I was hoping to meet MR vestel on here so I could have given him a piece of my mind for making such shite boards hahah

Comment

Bryan from Texas here, hoping to get some info/advice on repairing a bad plasma TV.

Comment

Hey everybody, I am a Service Technician in the auto industry. I am also a Certified HVAC Mechanic and I amcurrently 3 years into a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. I like to refurbish computers and I am currently attempting to learn how to fix these newer TVs. My first project is a Philips 42PLF3704D/F7 which had lightning run in on it.

Comment

Hello fellow board members and Chicagoans. Recently I've had problems with hardware and just want to get into a good electric forum,with good members, and good atmosphere.

Comment

My name is Cameron panasonic plasma problems!!

Comment

Hello all

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                  I am a typical DIYer, and now wish to delve into repair and restoration of vintage and modern audio gear.

In addition, I've come across several arduino, beagle board, and rasp pi projects I'd like to tackle safely and with better understanding than just following somebody's recipe.

I am in healthcare by trade, and a geek by nature.

Comment

Hey all! New to this forum. Been looking for something helpful like this for a while.
                                    Anthony
                                    Connecticut, USA

Comment

Hi there, checking in from Alberta Canada.

Comment

My name is James, im a self confessed television junkie. Which means that any and all televisions I come across on my travels, be they old,crt or new lcd, plasma, led and rear projection, find a new home with me.
                                        Broken or working, all are welcome. Consequently, I have loads in the house lol

I am joining to find some answers to a couple of televisions that are foxing me.

Comment

Hello I'm Chris,

I've got a Vizio TV that just stopped displaying a picture and I'm trying to repair it instead of buying a new Tv. I live in central KY, US. I'm a long time computer geek and reasonably technically/mechanically able but I'm not an electronics tech. I do have a multimeter and a simple soldering gun. I'll dig around some and then maybe post info on my TV issue.

Thanks folks!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                          X