This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Long time lurker,first time poster,excellent site,wealth of information,due to this site have saved lots of tv's from rubbish tip,keep up the good work,

Comment

Let's get this going!

Comment

Heyas! Just found this site today via Google Search. One look around and I knew I was signing up. My name is Joe, I'm a Network Admin for a large manufacturing company in Minnesota, (St Paul/Minneapolis area) I won't bore you with more details, I'm just getting my feet wet (which is easy to do in this great state of over 10,000 lakes )

Comment

Well hello all, glad to be part of a pretty good site with humour also in it!

My wife and I bought a repair company 5 years ago, which had been running for 40+ years, they even made (assembled) CRT tubes for a while. Have things changed or what.

We're in New Zealand, Auckland, and enjoying the success our rugby and cricket teams are having.

My first career path was 20 years in defence, as I read elsewhere in their intros, I also to some degree am a jack of all trades, master of none! Have worked on HF, liquid oxygen, radar, octal computers (well, just the one type), suck-blow instruments etc etc. Then went to work in the cellular field for a bit, more civil than electronics, so it's nice to get into component level stuff again!

We have 3 boys and starting on teenage years - haven't looked for teenage oriented threads here yet - I'm assuming there are some!

We all love music and I appreciate nice gear - HiFi I mean - currently own a pair of Von Schweikart bookshelf speakers, and a Scottish Ariston turntable.

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Brad. I'm a systems administrator. I currently live in Colorado, but I'm originally from Ohio. I'm a die-hard Buckeye's fan and I'm a little bummed right now because my tv died Friday night just as I was about to watch my Buckeyes play. I'm going to start a thread about that though. I have three wonderful children who are my pride and joy!

Comment

hi im susan, im an electronic tech,im in the field for almost 10yrs , doing repairs and building small gadgets , i also build computers as well, im interested in gaining a little more knowledge in electronics repairs lcd tv's, amps etc, im really thankful for this site and im willing to share what i know as well, so i'm looking forward to meeting all of you .

Comment

Hello world!

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm Carlos from Portugal working 20 years in computer assembly and repair and starting now on LCD.

Comment

Hi to all. I'm a do it your selfer from wayback. I'm from Greensboro ,NC I hope to gain a wealth of knowledge and assistance from this wonderful site.

Comment

Hello I'm Patrick. I live on the east side of cincinnati. I'm instrument and controls tech and operator in a power plant. I'll try fixing anything before I pitch it. Thats how I ended up here with people like myself. Right now I'm looking for info on APC UPS repair.

Comment

Hello,

I guess the first thing to do is to say hello.

I have a "friend" who has a TV that has a bad picture. My "friend refuses to believe he has a problem but I want to get help, I mean....help.

My wife gives me more credit than due and when a tenant of hers left a unit empty except one broken tv my wife said to leave it that I could probably fix it. So I had to take this Bohemith home in my tiny sports car. The tenant was right, the picture was garbled and had lines everywhere. I unplugged it and then plugged it in holding the power button and wallah, a picture! I turned it off and got fuzz all over again. With the power of the online search I was able to learn about bad capacitors, and so I found this site, outta site! I had previously been making headphone amplifiers from ebay kits to learn to solder, and wanted to upgrade the crossovers on my old Polk Audio SDA speakers, and then get into upgrading the caps on my vintage amplifiers I got cheap from a guy about to be homeless. Replacing the caps on the TV was easy after having done headphone amps which are tiny. Now I am helping out friends with TV's they are about to throw out. There aren't any repair people on this island of Key West. I'm not ever going to do it for money, just as a side hobby and favors for friends. I'm far from knowledgeable from all this stuff, and would like to join you guys for educating myself and some fun.

OK, I have a friend that has this problem, but I admit it's me.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello all, My name is George. I am from NY.

I work part time at Dollar General, Study Criminal Justice at SUNY Brockport and Volunteer alot of my time to my fire company.

To be honest, I joined this site for advice and guidance for my hobby. Growing up, I was always fascinated with electronics and how they work. My fascination led to me going to OCTEC in my junior year of high school where I gained additional knowledge and experience. During my time at OCTEC, I competed at the state level for SkillsUSA and came in 19th place out of 50+ people. My biggest downfall there was having no prior experience with Mac operating systems.

I continued my education briefly at GCC, but decided to change my major to Criminal Justice. I obtained my associates degree in 2014 and I am currently working towards my bachelors

I have knowledge of Windows operating systems and other microsoft software. I have rebuilt many old computers and refurbished many aswell. I would like to obtain knowledge of repairing tv's, and other devices such as tablets.

I look forward to being a part of your community! Thanks!
                            Last edited by carltonfire176; 03-17-2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Hello, My name is Penny. Thanks for letting me join!

Comment

Greetings. I have the dreaded Samsung LN52a550 and it developed the clicking problem. I replaced all 8 caps but the problem remains. Hoping to find another avenue of thought here.

F.R.

Comment

Hello all! Glad I found this superb forum. Already learning quite a lot. Working on a repair to an ASUS VE276Q power board. It's flaky but looks to be repairable. Wish me success!

Comment

Hi just thought i will introduce my self , im a computer technician by trade and have been in the I.T industry for about 10 years,

I started of at school then started working from home and know have my own business which is doing ok,

Comment

New to the forum, just joined in. I'm Vancouver, Canada. Have a medium to intermediate knowledge of Electronics, know my way around a board, can test capacitors,voltage etc. Own 3 Samsung 50' tvs all plasma and a Toshiba LED tv

Comment

Educational Tech, many many sad caps.
                                        Warming soldering iron...

Comment

hi to everyone..im electronics technician based on the philippines..im so excited to join here for more learning from other well experienced technician. thank you for accepting.

Comment

Working...
                                          X